• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[OtLand Official Mapping Competition] - December Sign Up

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostX

Mapping Board Moderator
Staff member
Board Moderator
Reaction score
Twitch
ghostxpr0
Mapping Competition Banner

Welcome back to another Official Mapping Competition.

Really impressed with the participation on the last competition as well as some of the entries!

As always, the winner of an OTLand Official Mapping Contest will receive premium to their OtLand account, however now it is for 3 months opposed to the historic 1 month!
Well done to @Kuzyn for being crowned the winner of the last competition! Again, @Blackstone is fighting to take the win! If he does, he will be leading the new league system going into the final few competitions before the season ends or will @Andréew claim back the title?

At the end of a "season", the winner will receive an additional prize! Stay tuned. More details and current standings as well as a more detailed account of the rules can be found here: Hall of Fame | Rules | F.A.Qs

How do I sign up?

A poll has been made to allow you to sign up, simply select Sign Up to join, this contest has no limit on how many participants there are, whoever doesn't submit is simply not shown on voting day thus being disqualified. We have decided that allowing everyone to see who is taking part in the competition might inspire participants to make better pieces.

The poll will be open for the entire duration of the submission phase. Please ensure that you submit your entry within the deadline of the 15th December.

Max ParticipantsUncapped
Submission Deadline Date23:59 BST on 15th December
Images / Submissions Allowed1
How do I submit?

Much like the limitation of the last competition, as this theme is more about the creativity and environment the mapper creates, the requirements are for it to be an image from the map editor. In order to ensure your quality remains good, please ensure your screenshot is taken at 100% zoom. You can do this by using ctrl+0 or View>Zoom Normal.

For the purposes of this competition - the max size is 34 x 20 squares (whatever orientation you wish; whether horizontal or vertical) - please see below for a guideline frame size that you can use: PLEASE CLICK THE IMAGE FOR FULL SIZE

Horizontal:
Frame Horizontal.png

Vertical:
Frame Vertical.png

Once you've mapped your entry, please send it to me via PM with the title "OtLand Mapping Competition - December Entry". You can always send me a revision should you wish to change it but please ensure you do this prior to the December deadline.

Rules:
  • No captions
  • No in-game text
  • NO GIFS or otherwise animated images
  • All submissions must be mapped by the user submitting and the user only
  • No colluding or team mapping allowed
  • In-Game images are now allowed but the size is restricted to the default client size. With an RME image, you can show the larger area as indicated above.
  • No custom sprites allowed – Please ensure you are using the vanilla Tibia.spr in your submissions.
  • Your submission must reflect the theme of the competition. Your interpretation is down to your imagination however, it is expected to have recognisable elements that correspond to the theme
  • If you sign up, you must submit an image otherwise you MAY be banned from competing in the following month’s competition (unless notified prior)
  • You must not discuss your submission with any other user. Please keep it to yourself until the voting stage has concluded, and the results determined.
Any users found to have broken any of the above rules will be disqualified from the contest and will be banned from submitting for the next competition.

If you have any queries or questions, please let me know.

For this competition, only 1 image will be accepted. No effects, no custom sprites. The version in which you can map is however you see fit.

In-Game images are now allowed but restricted to the default client size. Please ensure to use "do not stretch game window" box when taking an in game image and remove names and health bar.

This month's Theme is: a Festive Christmas Town or Village

Inspiration:

Inspiration 1.jpg
Inspiration 2.jpg
Inspiration Image.png

Good Luck, Have Fun & Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
"...The image MUST be a map editor image - No in-game images will be allowed for this competition. "

So sad! But good luck to everyone

Just to clarify as couple people asked - You don't need to map a huge town or anything, just a street or how you see fit to match the theme. Use the inspiration as a guide :)

Any questions, let me know :)

Good luck.

EDIT:

"...The image MUST be a map editor image - No in-game images will be allowed for this competition. "

So sad! But good luck to everyone
We've decided to allow in-game images provided they are based on the default client window size. This means with an RME image, you can create a larger environment to show off more aspects of your map, whereas with the in-game image, you get the use of lighting effects but a much more condensed area.

Last edited:
i wonder how hard it is to mod RME to allow lighting effects even in the editor, for next comp i really think we need to clear up if its just editor or in game. There is quite a bit of difference between the two submissions, traditionally light effects do well, it would be good to see all entry's judged on the same method.

A week left :eek:!

Already had 2 submissions...

Considering the participants in this contest i hope this is going to be insane.
Good luck everyone, super excited to see what y'all come up with!

Considering the participants in this contest i hope this is going to be insane.
Good luck everyone, super excited to see what y'all come up with!
No... the theme is literally shit or at least I am not creative enough to make it work properly :(
Still I am looking forward to your entries!

Cheers

Threw something together in a few hours.. 🤪 😂

Srsly tho, where's the christmas spirit? ;)
Towns/villages be my speciality 😍

Yea not going to lie i struggled with this one, was hard to get something that felt "right" but i think i ended up with something not competently crap haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back