• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[OtLand Official Mapping Competition] - February Sign Up

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostX

Mapping Board Moderator
Staff member
Board Moderator
Reaction score
Twitch
ghostxpr0
new map banner.png
Welcome back to another OtLand Official Mapping Competition.

I've been really impressed with all of your entries still! Well done everyone, except @Magnetico for hiding during the Jungle Ruins theme.

As always, the winner of an OTLand Official Mapping Contest will receive premium to their OtLand account, however now it is for 3 months opposed to the historic 1 month!
Well done to @Andréew for winning January's competition and 3 of the 6 competitions in the season.

At the end of a "season", the winner will receive an additional prize! Stay tuned. More details and current standings as well as a more detailed account of the rules can be found here: Hall of Fame | Rules | F.A.Qs

How do I sign up?

A poll has been made to allow you to sign up, simply select Sign Up to join, this contest has no limit on how many participants there are, whoever doesn't submit is simply not shown on voting day thus being disqualified. We have decided that allowing everyone to see who is taking part in the competition might inspire participants to make better pieces.

The poll will be open for the entire duration of the submission phase. Please ensure that you submit your entry within the deadline of the 19th January.

Max ParticipantsUncapped
Submission Deadline Date23:59 BST on 16th February
Images / Submissions Allowed2
Type of SubmissionIn-Game image only

How do I submit?

Once you've mapped your entry, please send it to me via PM with the title "OtLand Mapping Competition - February Entry". You can always send me a revision should you wish to change it but please ensure you do this prior to the February deadline.

Please ensure your entry image is in game. Please also ensure to use "do not stretch game window" box when taking an in-game image and remove names, identifiers and health bar.

Rules:

• No captions
  • No in-game text
  • NO GIFS or otherwise animated images
  • All submissions must be mapped by the user submitting and the user only
  • No colluding or team mapping allowed
  • In-Game images only.
  • No custom sprites allowed – Please ensure you are using the vanilla Tibia.spr in your submissions.
  • Your submission must reflect the theme of the competition. Your interpretation is down to your imagination however, it is expected to have recognisable elements that correspond to the theme
  • If you sign up, you must submit an image otherwise you MAY be banned from competing in the following month’s competition (unless notified prior)
  • You must not discuss your submission with any other user. Please keep it to yourself until the voting stage has concluded, and the results determined.
Any users found to have broken any of the above rules will be disqualified from the contest and will be banned from submitting for the next competition.

If you have any queries or questions, please let me know.

For this competition, 2 images are required and only 2 images will be accepted. No photoshop, animations or effects, no custom sprites. The version in which you can map is however you see fit.

Please ensure to use "do not stretch game window" box when taking an in game image and remove names and health bar.

This month's Theme is: Contrasting Elements
[Brief]:
You have two in-game screenshots to show two elements against each other i.e. fire vs ice, fire vs water, wind vs earth, good vs evil. You can pick any element (in tibia or not), providing it looks somewhat obvious.

Inspiration:

b091b0e4b180ad61c721b9961d468d87.jpg

the-gates-of-hell-8476-1920x1200.jpg
original.jpg

Mermaid-Cave-Water-Throne-Fantasy-Fairy-Tail-Composite-Stock-lake-background-Computer-print-wedding-backdrops.jpg
60cfa1c38a82018a6a5945c2a83b90e4.jpg

The creativity is yours.

Remember, you get two separate opportunities for each element you pick.

Good Luck, Have Fun & I look forward to seeing your creativity.

A challenging, yet seemingly fun and creative competition!
Good luck to each contestant!

ehm, i wouldn't say it is unfair with in-game screens only. like last competition was ingame only and nobody said a word about it?
just download latest tfs - nightlybuild and set up a database.

if anyone wants to join the contest but doesn't know how to set up the server im happy to help.
(tho im super noob at all the technical stuff, so if i can do it, y'all can aswell!)

It's because I didn't see that rule then, but I saw it now. Although I've been all for ingame screenshots, we all know Ingame screenshots show a whole different map than what's in the Map Editor.
You can basically map like shit, and just put some cool lights and lamps and it will basically look good. It will create a whole different atmosphere.

Try having a competition with Ingame Square images from the Mapeditor.
And some people just probably cba setting up a server just to take 1 ingame screenshot, or ask someone to do it for them.

It's because I didn't see that rule then, but I saw it now. Although I've been all for ingame screenshots, we all know Ingame screenshots show a whole different map than what's in the Map Editor.
You can basically map like shit, and just put some cool lights and lamps and it will basically look good. It will create a whole different atmosphere.

Try having a competition with Ingame Square images from the Mapeditor.
And some people just probably cba setting up a server just to take 1 ingame screenshot, or ask someone to do it for them.
Screens from RME looks like shit.

oh, boy =p can i send a RME picture? i too lazy to set up a server atm, and if i going to setup a server it ll be 8.6 and not 10.x (i want to map something with 10.x for the competition)

I dont know if this is stretching the rules a little bit
but you can use the frame Ghost provided in november mapping contest and just place a "monster/npc" in the middle of the screen and screenshot..?

i mean its like an in-game screen but its just not in-game.. I would talk to ghost before doing so cuz its kind of a work around the rules :)

I dont know if this is stretching the rules a little bit
but you can use the frame Ghost provided in november mapping contest and just place a "monster/npc" in the middle of the screen and screenshot..?

i mean its like an in-game screen but its just not in-game.. I would talk to ghost before doing so cuz its kind of a work around the rules :)
What I don't know... something something something... ;)

I actually do not have time this month, but I will bring at least something to the table. I promise to show way more content from April again. :)
Already looking forward to see some more awesome entries! I love these regular competitions.
If not set up monthly, I would probably not be as active again.

I would also like to take position in the on-going discussion regarding light effects.
I personally haven't posted any entry with light effects (if not an underground environment) so far.
Still I managed to get second place quite often, without putting too much effort in my maps.
It might be harder to win without light effects, but what I am trying to say... it's not impossible and there are many others who can at least do as good.
Same goes with RME screenshots, if you simply add a frame (you can take it from any ingame screenshot that has been made) and place a creature with an ok looking outfit, you almost see the exact same result as without light effects.
Setting up a local server costs like 1h, is very easy and everyone with light effects had to do it. Which is per definition not unfair at all.

But hey... I don't know why people are even talking about that. These competitions are meant to push activity and show off some stuff.
Everyone can just participate whether you win or lose. It's fun to compete with friends and colleagues.
As simple as that, if you don't take it as serious, you can just give it a go and enjoy the community.

Ofc it's always nice to win, but I love where we got again. I haven't had as much fun as I have for many many years on Otland.
Members and especially mappers in our case start to support and help each other again in a very positive way.

Thanks to @GhostX for hosting the competitions and trying his best to motivate more and more to join.

Absolutely, it's nice to actually see some activity in the mapping section. But If I wanted to join and maybe don't know how to setup a server, or cba to do so, I can't join

Iam the same 7.x mapper 😂 I might join that competition aswell! Will be fun to compare 7.x with probably 10.x+ 🤔🤭

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back