• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[OtLand Official Mapping Competition] - February Voting Thread

Which of the submissions do you think is the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostX

Mapping Board Moderator
Staff member
Board Moderator
Reaction score
Twitch
ghostxpr0
new map banner.png
Welcome back to yet another OtLand Official Mapping Competition.

VOTING STAGE: February - "Contrasting Elements "

The entrants shall remain anonymous until the voting stage has concluded.

Remember: The prize for the winner of the competition will receive 3-months free premium on OtLand.

It is worth noting that there is now a league system that is tracking the points of the top 3 from each competition. At the end of a "season", the winner will receive an additional prize! Stay tuned. More details and current standings as well as a more detailed account of the rules can be found here: Hall of Fame | Rules | F.A.Qs
Rules:
  • You MUST NOT vote for yourself​
  • You MUST NOT entice others to vote for your entry​
  • You MUST only vote once. Anyone found using multiple accounts to vote will have all of their votes discounted. If an entrant decides to violate this rule, they will be banned indefinitely from the competitions and have their entry disqualified.​
  • You MUST NOT inform, hint or otherwise let any other members know which entry is yours (until the winner is revealed obviously)​
  • You MUST NOT insult or "flame" anyone, their maps or their comments​
  • Please vote for the entry that best suits the theme of the competition (in this case; the theme is "Contrasting Elements")​
  • If you know who mapped what just by style, do not post saying who it is. You will receive an infraction for doing so.​
  • If you wish to change your vote, please comment below and this will be accounted for once the voting stage has concluded. You should now be able to change your vote yourself
Disqualifications:

Vote Changes: I've allowed it so you can change your vote yourself now
However, you cannot see the results until you vote, alleviating some bias initially, i.e. If you wanted to sit on the fence and try to balance the votes.

Please click on some of the larger images to show the true size/quality.

[1.] @Andréew (WINNER)
JoybnRi.png
ebahFcJ.png

[2.] @.Shirako. (2nd Place Runner Up)
aAs4441.png
DuzL3DN.png

[3.] @Berciq
0nZnV6E.png

[4.] @Blackstone (3rd Place Runner Up)
Ice_Environment_1.pngIce_to_lava_Environment_1.png

[5.] @Mackan™
cgDnqg0.pngDIr6YAa.png

Congrats to @Andréew for winning this month's competition an for winning the season!​

Last edited:
Ok lol, first time it didn't take even 3 seconds to decide. Number 1 is the obvious winner here.

Well in my opinion
1st hell looks great but nothing is happening there, but heaven with brick walls under bridge, wooden pilllars and pointless columns in symetrical palace looks not that good. there is no creativity at all ://
2nd giant who is holding whole earth on two pillars?! great! Air looks ok but both, giant hands and this sky pillars are just copied and pasted, with same candles, same shrooms etc :/
4th is really creative I see why there was a crack, I see how it changed, how fire devil run out of cave, poor huskies... (polar bears and penguins..^^ birch is misplaced) but overall i like it the most, it has at least any details on the ground
5th one is a nice idea of conneting this two elements with underwater volcanoe but both pictures doesn't show anywhere contrast

#1 reminds me a lot of Diablo 3 or most likely inspired by that.

It has by far the best RPG feeling from any of these pieces. This is exactly how I wished tibia would have evolved over the years.
Sadly they were not able to (at least for me) sustain the atmosphere they used to have. This entry makes me sad and happy at the same time.
Good job :)

Well in my opinion
1st hell looks great but nothing is happening there, but heaven with brick walls under bridge, wooden pilllars and pointless columns in symetrical palace looks not that good. there is no creativity at all ://
Your opinion is wrong. This is by FAR the best piece, it's not even debatable.

number 1 is great, but only the second pic, the first one is too dark to even notice what kind of ground is being used :(
number 2 got my vote even tho it is not going to win apparently, the second pic concept remembered me a MU online map called icarus and it is so great
number 3, is paulo torres back? 😁

Personally, I am very disturbed by the very dark images because it is difficult to appreciate the details, how playable it looks, how the sprites were combined and their relationship with the evaluation criteria.
1. I dont liked first SS (mainly for light combination) but loved second SS
2. I loved first img but second it's a bit empty
3. SPAM
4. Loved first SS but second ss is a bit strange with green grass vs lava
5. I cant see any shit, sorry xD

Probably i will vote for first img

Ok, so in my opinion:
  1. That is very simple and awesome, everything is perfectly matching here and author catched theme nicely.
  2. Colossus is so EPIC! The difference between both themes is not visible at first glance, you see some opposition but you need to look at it more to get it. Great piece.
  3. First thing, screen quality. I think that we all can clearly see that its a lot worse than others. Secondly, too much things on small area.
  4. Picture on the left with ice&snow is beatiful, perfect for showoff/gaming. But I dont like the second, grass doesnt fit there, despite this its also a really good piece.
  5. I understand author's idea but it seems thats not what we were looking for for this contest. Still good mapping.
I dont know who should win this... I will vote for 2, because of colossus, but, hey author! You should make something more in the "heaven" ;)
2>1>4>5>3.

Congratulations to @Andréew once again and for winning the first ever Season for the Mapping Competitions!

The league standings will update and season standings will be concluded.

Look forward to next season!

Glad you guys liked it! im hoping for more participants next season for sure!
here are some of my thoughts on the entry's!

2. both well mapped, first one look a bit messy with that ground sprite imo, other then that i think its real cool. second one was super dope to be honest really liked the creativity on that one! well mapped dude. a contester for my vote
3. Not my kind of mapping but still well done.
4. Really liked the "symmetry" between the pictures, sure looks a bit odd with lava as an ocean but still thats kind of exactly what the theme is, winter one is stunning, amazing. this got my vote both for portraying the theme the best way in my opinion and for that winter screen being on point. This should have more votes.
5. even tho not doing like the others, this is real cool, i loved how you did this one with the air bubbles above the lava, this would be a near second to my vote for sure. also this should have more votes.

Nice to see something from Shirako again, super hyped you joined the contest and congratulations on second place dude! well deserved, if not for that ground i would have liked it a lot more its just personal preference ;)

Going to look forward to more great entrys next season and hopefully some more active mappers joining in on the fun.
Thanks Ghost for hosting as always and wow, won the season.. who would have guessed? :eek: so many great entrys this season and people really stepped it up on many pieces including me, hopefully next season will have more different winners so that the league will be a bit more exiting ;)
Curious on what this mystery champions prize is ;)

Not even close this time, but congratz @Andréew well deserved!
I am already looking forward to next seasons. I simply love monthly competitions even though it was so clear this time!
Keeps me and some other guys on track to at least map here and there for an entry. I am getting hyped by that to finally come back to the stage.
Even though it was not the most exciting competition this month, I really loved the winners entry.

Reducing the amount of contests and making the leaderboard worthless would mean, for me personally to lose track and motivation to continue my projects.
It's a pleasure to be part of this community again and there should be more of this kind of forum boards.
Together with @Andréew, @GhostX, @Mackan™ I am spending a lot of time again to discuss future plans in mappings.
All this is due to the monthly competitions by @GhostX, thanks for hosting this and keep it going! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back