• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[OtLand Official Mapping Competition] - November Voting Thread

Which of the submissions do you think is the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
i voted 7 for the perfect armony of colours.

Wow! All works are amazing. I voted for 2. - a lot of details, but not too much :D

2. has a lot of details - and I liked it at first, but then imagined gameplay on that map. Good estetics, tho!

My vote goes to 5. because it was soo much different than other ones. All submissions were great, tho.

6 caught my attention, it looks a place I would like to play and walk trough, easier on the eyes, simple yet beautiful

I supposed to vote on 2, but I voted on 3 first by mistake. The third image is nice and brings a Tibia hunting feeling related to the competition theme, but the wood is too close to the lava and that's weird. The second image shows better what a dwarven mine means to me, although the 1, 4 and 8 are very correct and beautiful, I like it.

The others focused too much on temporal elements action/reaction/products, like for example the gold, waterfall, nature extern or spider web elements... which classified the map as a second class after all.

Is glad to see the mapping competition going well, congrats to otland staff!

EDIT:

I want to change my vote to number 8. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i gave my vote to the jungle mine. but it was a hard decision between this and nr 9

Number 2 captured the dwarven mines "feeling" better in my opinion.

Congratulations @Kuzyn for being our November Winner! You've won 3 months premium and @Znote's kindly donated prize of the Save 75% on PLANET ALPHA on Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/app/485030/PLANET_ALPHA/) game key.

Please see your PM for the key.

Also congratulations to @Blackstone for placing 2nd and to @nugo and @kacperciu for placing joint 3rd runners up.

Thank you to all those who entered, some really good entries. Nice to see some new faces, especially @cricks and @Slec as I liked both your entires.

Good luck to all in future competitions. I've updated the main post to reflect the winner and will be posting the December competition shortly.

It may also be worth noting that a "badge" for the winner of the mapping competitions has been added. This can be displayed on your user card. If you go onto your profile, there will be a tab with 'Badges' and you can select to display it by clicking the loudspeaker icon. Go show off your brilliance ;)

Last edited:
That was an exciting one. Great entries overall.
Cheers to Znote for spicing up the prize.

Well, I will try harder next time. Kinda disappointed with myself right now. Good job everyone.

Will try my best to find time to join the next one! Life has been busy.
@cricks dont be disappointed your piece was well mapped, one of my top 5 easy.

was a lot of good mapping going on in this competition! worthy winner and follow ups! very impressive everyone! :)
really liked that so many joined in aswell, continue to join everyone, more people = more fun = more awesome maps and inspiration for everyone in this community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back