• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[OtLand Official Mapping Competition] - September Sign Up

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostX

Mapping Board Moderator
Staff member
Board Moderator
Reaction score
Twitch
ghostxpr0
Mapping Competition Banner

Welcome to the relaunch of OtLand's Official Mapping Competitions.

It's been a while since one has been hosted and we're hoping to bring them back on a regular basis. A new rule threads and winners will be created shortly but essentially the rules have stayed the same.

Historically, the participation levels for these competitions had reduced time and time again to such a level where @Peroxide and Scarlet Ayleid stopped hosting them. So we want to do something a bit different this time.

Much like before, the winner of an OTLand Official Mapping Contest will receive premium to their OtLand account, however now it will be for 3 months!

We will be introducing a league system soon in which your points will be tracked and additional prizes will be awarded to the winner of a season. We are working out the details of how we will implement this. More information on this will come in due course.

So without further ado... Let's commence the sign up phase.

How do I sign up?

A poll has been made to allow you to sign up, simply select Sign Up to join, this contest has no limit on how many
participants there are, whoever doesn't submit is simply not shown on voting day thus being disqualified.
We have decided that allowing everyone to see who is taking part in the competition might inspire participants to make better pieces.

The poll will be open until 8th September so you have until next Sunday (a week from now) to sign up.

Max ParticipantsUncapped
Submission Deadline Date23:59 BST on 14th September 2019
Images / Submissions Allowed1
How do I submit?

Once you've mapped your entry, please send it to me via PM with the title "OtLand Mapping Competition - September Entry". You can always send me a revision should you wish to change it but please ensure you do this prior to the 14th September deadline.

Rules:
  • No captions
  • No in-game text
  • All submissions must be mapped by the user submitting and the user only
  • No colluding or team mapping allowed
  • If you decide to submit an in-game picture, please ensure character names are turned off (Ctrl + N).
  • No custom sprites allowed – Please ensure you are using the vanilla Tibia.spr in your submissions.
  • Your submission must reflect the theme of the competition. Your interpretation is down to your imagination however, it is expected to have recognisable elements that correspond to the theme
  • If you sign up, you must submit an image otherwise you MAY be banned from competing in the following month’s competition (unless notified prior)
  • You must not discuss your submission with any other user. Please keep it to yourself until the voting stage has concluded, and the results determined.
Any users found to have broken any of the above rules will be disqualified from the contest and will be banned from submitting for the next competition.

If you have any queries or questions, please let me know.

EDIT - QUESTION: Can I merge multiple in game images together to show a larger area? In this particular contest - I will allow it. As the theme is for an environment - rme pictures offer a larger area so if you want an in game image, i'll allow you to merge images in this contest

A bonus prize has been donated by @Znote for a free game code for Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice on steam! This will be awarded to the winner of the competition! Good luck.

EDIT
@AundSoul Forby & @Blackstone are also participating - they requested just at the time the poll closed and as it closed earlier than expected, I've allowed them to enter. The more participants the better imo - especially for the first instalment of the new competitions!

This month's Theme is: Autumn

Inspiration:

imageresizer

preview16.jpg

2363348-bigthumbnail.jpg

Good luck and have fun

Last edited:
Dude same here! This is motivation! we need to make things happen..! Thanks for doing this Ghost!

This is a very nice theme. But I think is time to worry more about custom sprites.
We can't live this loop forever. But I understand why have to be this way, good initiative :)

*Im into

Last edited:
yes - I know with custom sprites there is much more creativity that comes from it but restricting it, keeps it fair.

I'd like to say this applies to transparent water too.. Since this is technically a sprite edit. Looks amazing but got to try and keep it to a level playing field.

Good to see it back. Good luck to everyone

Will be interesting to see :)

As the reigning 6 times-in-a-row champion of course I should sign up and if someone else wins then it will be well deserved! I hope I will find the time to finish a piece.
How fun that the competitions are back! :)
(If I win I must find my old mapping thread banner file so I can update the text in it :D)

Edit so you know what I'm talking about:
uhLsRoZ.png

So nice to see this! I never really went deep into mapping, I would love to participate some day when I'm experienced enough. Good luck to everyone!

So nice to see this! I never really went deep into mapping, I would love to participate some day when I'm experienced enough. Good luck to everyone!

Just join in, let it be an experience. 🙂 see it as a measurement on where you are now. Come back in another challenge and maybe win😎

I’m very much looking forward to seeing the contest submissions once again.

Red

Just started mapping so I may try another time.
But look forward to see all good mappers will come with something unique.

I suppose it's up to me which version to use. I would say there's a slightly advantage to use a newer version due to extended and better looking objects/sprites to work with. I will make my piece in 8.6, but i hope it turns out good anyways and will be competetive with the other contestants.
Good luck everyone!

Nice to see some more activity here! With 2 days left to sign up, we have an additional prize to the winner for this competition which has been kindly donated by @Znote

Please see the main post for details

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back