• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OtLand OtLand update and changes in the staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
OtLand has been updated to the latest version of the forum software, and all plugins are now up to date, but that's not all.

With this update, we have brought the "Like tree" feature. You can like posts by clicking on the "Like" link at the bottom right of a post. When a thread has at least one liked post a Like tree will appear at the top, below the page navigation in the thread, where you can see the most liked posts. You will also receive a notification if someone likes your post.

This is a small update compared to what we are planning in the near future, which will include beginner guides on how to get started with OpenTibia (running, configuring, compiling, checking out sources etc.), and a serverlist. It is not yet decided whether the server list will be integrated into OtLand or if it will be standalone, but an official OtLand serverlist is on the way.

There are also a few changes in our staff, we have decided to demote two moderators who were unable to understand international laws, but it's no big loss. More important is that we have promoted our board moderators Archez, CyberM, Don Daniello and Red to global moderators to be able to assist us in moderating the entire forum. At the same time we would like to welcome two new board moderators to the team, Chris and Migxxx.

Chris is more of a web-development guy and will be moderating the Resources category, and the OpenTibia category.
Migxxx who is more of a community guy will primarily be moderating the Community category, and the OpenTibia category as well.

Kind regards,
OtLand Staff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice update, i dont like only pass "cyberM, Don Daniello and Red " to global moderator ;( ;Only 2 board mods, will not put more?

# Welcome back Chris!

# Welcome Migxxx!

# Thanks for the promotion!

We don't want anyone to spread hate, that's also the reason why you can't give negative reputation.

Completely agreed! It just brings a negative vibe, which is also why Facebook doesn't have a "dislike" button, good decision.

@OT: Thank you very much! I appreciate the opportunity to be a Global Moderator, and I'll do my best to keep OTland great!
Also, congratulations: Archez, CyberM, and Don Daniello for joining me!
And I can't forget Chris & Migxxx for becoming Board Moderators!

Cheers!
Red

Red

I have not got so many likes yet but I'm having a feeling that users will be annoyed of the frequent notifications they will get, maybe you should consider making it possible to disable the notifications? I'm not sure that users will be annoyed but I guess we will see that.

Completely agreed! It just brings a negative vibe, which is also why Facebook doesn't have a "dislike" button, good decision.

@OT: Thank you very much! I appreciate the opportunity to be a Global Moderator, and I'll do my best to keep OTland great!
Also, congratulations: Archez, CyberM, and Don Daniello for joining me!
And I can't forget Chris & Migxxx for becoming Board Moderators!

Cheers!
Red

Red

Congratulations to the global moderator position, Red and your colleagues! :)

You have finally recruited good moderators. Congratulations Chris and Migxxx I wish all the best luck to make this forum a better place. Congratulations to the promoted moderators too :)

Congratulations to the global moderator position, Red and your colleagues! :)

Why is your name bold ?

I have not got so many likes yet but I'm having a feeling that users will be annoyed of the frequent notifications they will get, maybe you should consider making it possible to disable the notifications? I'm not sure that users will be annoyed but I guess we will see that.

o_O you too

Congratulations to the promoted & new moderators, I'm sure you'll be good moderators! :)

Good update! For next update; I think you should remake advertisement into something like a server list. I will post more ideas later.

Also I like how tilfen liked every post in this thread.

Talaturen, you should have an option to disable the notification of liking a post. This is very annoying, and one of the reasons why I hardly use Facebook. I'm sure others feel the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back