• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTland's Official OT: 'The Forgotten Lands' [Community Project]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not really worried about that, i'm worried the team getting advanteges on the free work.
Otland setup a server and ask help for the community, it's ok, no problem.
But the server will ask for donation and the money come from this server will be only for the host?? How can i be sure that you are not getting for yourself?

Does it look like I get paid to do this? I don't. I donate my time to come here, chat, infract, update my mapping thread and pretend like the color in my name means something for not even a cent. As of now we aren't accepting donations, only contributions. Donations can be made likely within days of release/when server is up and running. The server will be hosted initially by funds already collected, it's up to the community to keep it running.

Sincerely,
Leftwing

This server will be non-Profit, you are not obligated to donate for server expenses, we would like to keep the server running but that requires money, there will not be no kind of Exaggerated boost Donations like you're used to find on the OTS listings. This will be unique, the community will be a part of it and will have the satisfaction of being part of it as well as to enjoy something that it is not RL nor Evolution that constantly plagues OT.

Like Leftwing said, "I donate my time to come here, chat, infract, update my mapping thread and pretend like the color in my name means something for not even a cent." Most of us are already "aged" and this is our hobby, and just like everyone has a hobby they like to make something great out of it!

We want to make something great out of OT, but this can't be done only by a few but by many, the community, that is why we need your thoughts and ideas and also any contribution you may want to offer!

@conde2
Please stop looking at OTs like they are busyness tools, we for one like OT and would not make a "busyness" off of it.

It's an OT that will be hosted by OTland, developed by OTland, and enjoyed by OTland. It's a whole new server with a whole new map created by us (with a bit of your help) and properly run.
Sincerely,
Leftwing

Developed by OTLand or developed by OTLand staff? ...

Developed by OTLand or developed by OTLand staff? ...

No, unlike how TFS(Server) is developed by TFS team, in this project, users(Otland Community Member) will be able to submit their, Ideas, suggestions and theirs own scripts and maps and they will be given the recognition they rightfully deserve, this within time it will be released to the Public, probably the only thing not to be released is any kind of custom modifications done to the Server, but hopefully everything else will, that will keep Multiple server from sprouting.

Please do not misunderstand nor twist it.

We are dealing with the making of a custom server for us all, to participate in and like anyone of use that has made a server, we do not want people to steal it and see them make a shit load of servers like RL and Evos!

@Znote
Well said!

If I did this, I would make a WHOLE different map. Instead of continuing on your old map.

But good luck with this project mate.

Neat!
hope it goes well!

And please... make sure you'll never accept botters online!
if you need help design antibot system, give me a PM.

So, I have two questions one of which will help me help the project. First, will the server be free premium or will that be a donator/contributor only? And second, I need to know what version we are using so that I can start a map, I don't want to map in 8.6 if it's going to be 8.7x+ Ya know? So, just let me know what client we're going to be using so that I can start helping with the development.

The only reason why I didn't support Shinmaru's project was because he aimed for a complete 100% custom and changed sprites.
Personally, this is not the approach unless if you're doing it like PokemonOnline and DragonBallOnline.

Just stick with the original Tibia graphics and I'm sure you'll gather interest.
Do NOT use a custom client.

Two Ideas for the server. Let's make the quest log work with EVERY quest that is in the game. For example all quests that aren't NPC given are already in your spell book based upon level needed to hunt in the current area. So if you are level 35 and you are hunting orcs in the "Kijir Mountains" you can go through your quest log and see if their are any quests with a surrounding area. You will find "Locate Hujiers Bright Sword" When you open it it will tell you "It is believed that the orcs stole Hujiers Bright Sword during a raid on Kuamin, Search the Kijir Mountains to see if it was taken by the orcs." And after you find the chest containing the Bright Sword it will give you "Locate Hujiers Bright Sword [Complete]"

Second Idea

Let's do some source editing to the server, and give each type of class their own stats/information and skills. For example.

Sorcerer/Druid:
White Magic Level - Ability to use more healing spells (Heal more)
Black Magic Level - Ability to use better attack spells (More Damage)
Staff Wielding - More efficient staff wielding (More damage)
Wand/Rod Wielding - Concintrate more energy into your wand/rod (More Damage/Accuracy)
Fishing - (Normal)
Alchemy - Ability to make potions

Knight:
Sword Fighting (Normal)
Axe Fighting (Normal)
Club Fighting (Normal)
Fist Fighting (Normal)
Shielding (Normal)
Fishing (Normal)
Dual Wielding - The ability to use two, one-handed weapons. (Quest only)
Black Smithing - Ability to make weapons.

Paladin:
Bow Wielding - Ability to use a bow more efficiently. (More Damage)
Crossbow Wielding - Ability to use a crossbow more efficiently. (More Damage)
Reloading - Learn to reload your Crossbow/Bow faster to raise your attack speed. (Quest's to raise, not a skill.)
Throwing - Ability to throw weapons better (More Accurate)
Taming - Ability to tame animals and conjure them into gems for easier transport/trading. (Higher taming, better monsters)

I'm not sure if you need your own client for source editing, but I think it could be a really cool idea to implement things like that.

@ Neon, we as it stands this is the minimap, and I'm sure it will change drastically by the end of the project. As for Kesjaren, How is this your work? Did you physically map anything on it? I don't believe so, in fact it was all ME. Therefor I am donating this piece to the server. Don't like it? Well too bad.

The only reason why I didn't support Shinmaru's project was because he aimed for a complete 100% custom and changed sprites.
Personally, this is not the approach unless if you're doing it like PokemonOnline and DragonBallOnline.

Just stick with the original Tibia graphics and I'm sure you'll gather interest.
Do NOT use a custom client.

As it stands the client will not be modified, and I am too against the idea of completely custom sprites. It's simply too much work and not enough time. The most likely cause of a custom client will be to add new features to the client and not the game itself. If we do this approach, it is possible to add some custom sprites for new items etc, but I doubt this will happen very soon, or even anytime near release.

@ BigB, I actually had an idea about what you suggested very similar to yours, but as it stands we don't want to stray too far from what regular OTs look like. Our server is about balance, and in this case it's the balance between familiarity with players and innovation and new features.

Sincerely,
Leftwing

I agree that a custom client would be benificial just not at the moment, its too soon. But again i ask what version we will be using i cant map until i know because i dont want too much work that needs to be done to add it to the server.

I agree that a custom client would be benificial just not at the moment, its too soon. But again i ask what version we will be using i cant map until i know because i dont want too much work that needs to be done to add it to the server.

The server to be used is the latest Rev, using 9.1 Client. I will see if I can wipe up a map editor that supports 9.1 graphics so users can map, using the old method.

Can I please get an explanation why you included my private pieces on this map and claim that you did it? Leftwing, explain yourself.

DO NOT DELETE THIS POST, PLEASE

ye, but i only did parts of it, not sure how much tho

leftwing can confirm it i guess,

Henkos, tell me truthfully, do you think you did most of it? Because if it's parts then those can be cut from the map and even returned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back