• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTland's Official OT: 'The Forgotten Lands' [Community Project]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftwing

Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
It's finally here! After weeks of discussion around the forum and within the administration here at OTland, we are proud to announce the development of OTland's first official OTserver 'The Forgotten Lands'. This server will be a manifestation of the ideas and suggestions proposed by fellow players and members of this forum. As a community project we are asking for help from those in the community, as many prominent members have already offered their support. Below are the ideas that have been developed in the previous thread, modified and improved by myself and my fellow TFS Developer Shinmaru. All ideas and suggestions are welcome, nothing below is final by any means and could change depending on community opinions and suggestions.

1.0 - Donations:

• All donations would go towards the hosting of the server and the development of TFS.
  • As a non-profit server donations would be only for TFS and hosting.
  • Donators would receive small benefits that would not imbalance the server:
    - Access to donator hunting locations (Edron, Liberty Bay etc)
    - Any items obtainable through donations would be obtainable through the game

1.1 - Contributors:

• As the project is fueled by the community, we would use maps, scripts and ideas submitted by users on the forum.
  • Contributors benefits would be similar to donators but slightly greater:
    - Same perks as donators (access to donator spots)
    - Recognition for assisting development in-game (on a list in temple etc)
    - Contributed part would have something dedicated to the creator (a sign saying the name and thanks etc)
    - Additional perks depending on size of contributions

2.0 - Map Ideas:

• As a custom server a map would be created from scratch and filled by the developing team and by user contributed parts.
  • The map would be designed as a crossover between a teleport and RPG map.
  • Instead of teleports to spawns, there would be an NPC like a boat NPC.
  • This NPC would transport you to outposts in the wilderness, with directions to spawns.
  • Would cost money to go to outposts and the farther the outpost the more expensive.
  • Some spawns will not have directions to their locations (secret, especially harder spawns).
  • Map would be designed so players could explore if they would like to.

2.1 - Server Ideas:

• Server designed to keep players engaged.
  • Rates would see players level quickly, but not so quick that they become bored easily.
  • Server designed to support an economy (expensive runes, selling items to NPCs for cash)
  • Many custom monsters would be created to keep higher level players around.
  • Many entertaining quests, some team based others individual.
  • Lots of customization in terms of spells.

More information will be added as progress continues! We welcome anything in terms of assistance and help. Also we will be recruiting a development team to piece the project together, stay tuned for more information on that.

For those who are looking to contribute, the process is simple:
* PM me your MSN with details on what you would like to contribute (What type, mapping/scripts etc)
* From there we will talk on MSN and the piece will be transferred securely
* Users who have contributed will be recorded along with the size of their contribution.

This is temporary until we have a type of submission feature when the new SVN is set up.

Current Status:

Note: As Clinten has complained about using a small piece of his without permission I have removed it as requested. To see the changes please check the link below. The minimap has been updated.

http://otland.net/f251/otlands-offi...munity-project-139843/index2.html#post1348633

Minimap:
123rteg.png

Check here for updates on the progress made. My first contribution to this server can be seen above, soon to be followed by a lot more. What will you contribute?

Sincerely,
Leftwing

Last edited:
Has the TFS version been decided? (0.2/3/4_)

I believe we will develop our own strand of the SVN from the latest version and add a lot of unique features to it. This will likely become available to the public. Currently working on the map base, will likely have a minimap up for you within the next little while :).

Sincerely,
Leftwing

Well, I can help you out with scripts =]

Good luckz!

How do you plain all the team work togheter?
Everyone can see the svn or only donors?
This is temporary until we have a type of submission feature when the new SVN is set up.

How do you plain all the team work togheter?
Everyone can see the svn or only donors?

At the beginning access to the SVN is privatized to the server's developers ONLY, but we have yet to decide what we intend to do in terms of what we give back to the community, whether it be the map (unlikely) or the sources/data pack etc. Nothing is final at this stage, and any suggestions are welcome :).

Sincerely,
Leftwing

Updated main post to include the current status and latest progress, check it out for the minimap that you can see here too:

o5t2x3.png

Sincerely,
Leftwing

That map, just placed us a bit ahead on the development!

OT
Ok guys, I would like Ideas and suggestions (script wise), so I can have something started.

Also, please explain properly.

The community will work in a project that we have no idea if this will be realeased for plubic.
So if i help in the development and the project team that i doesnt know who is, will get advantages on my work for free.

At least a part of this need to be realeased for the public =o

So wait. Is this the 'Forgotten Map' on the new REVs? Or is this just a whole other map?

It's an OT that will be hosted by OTland, developed by OTland, and enjoyed by OTland. It's a whole new server with a whole new map created by us (with a bit of your help) and properly run.

The community will work in a project that we have no idea if this will be realeased for plubic.
So if i help in the development and the project team that i doesnt know who is, will get advantages on my work for free.

At least a part of this need to be realeased for the public =o

If we're going to host this server ourselves, why give out the server so that hundreds of other servers could pop up and pollute OTs? We want it to be unique, we want to be that server with 300 people on. That's what we are aiming for, and we need your help to get there. If your confused, people who contributed will be rewarded. See the section on donators and contributors in the main post.

Sincerely,
Leftwing

It's an OT that will be hosted by OTland, developed by OTland, and enjoyed by OTland. It's a whole new server with a whole new map created by us (with a bit of your help) and properly run.

If we're going to host this server ourselves, why give out the server so that hundreds of other servers could pop up and pollute OTs? We want it to be unique, we want to be that server with 300 people on. That's what we are aiming for, and we need your help to get there. If your confused, people who contributed will be rewarded. See the section on donators and contributors in the main post.

Sincerely,
Leftwing

I'm not really worried about that, i'm worried the team getting advanteges on the free work.
Otland setup a server and ask help for the community, it's ok, no problem.
But the server will ask for donation and the money come from this server will be only for the host?? How can i be sure that you are not getting for yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back