• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTMadness

New things:

1.Gods are added,they are same like in original madness
2.Added new archmage hunting area+added more infs to end of pits
3.Added new boss Zephyr(same as Archmage) so ppls can choose what to hunt.. tell my your opinion about this

what you must know:

i cant make 100% copy of a original madness,i just dont remember everything
but im trying to do my best

Last edited:
I am quite surprised to see people still interested in the original madness but I have to ask... If you are actually interested in making a server and not just download > running, why not update it to a relevant client version? 8.1 is too old even by my standards xD! I had a fantastic time updating OT Chaos to 8.6 a few years back, I'm sure you would also enjoy/learn a lot from the experience.
A long time ago when i was playing madness servers(8.1) and the owners was closing it the whole damn time i've started playing your current madness II(8.6) and after a certain time some ppl told me you was the real creator of madness and i've asked if you could give me the version 8.1 of madness and you told me "i dont give my own copies", it depressed me a bit cause i rlly loved madness and wanted to make it running for long doesn't thinking on profit, i've continued playing it until a friend of mine give me the map of madness(8.1) with spawns(not the datapack, just the map) and i thought "I'll copy that madness and make it better!!" and what i did was update the map to 8.6 and create every action/movement/monster/spell/talkaction/creaturescript , when i started i did know just a bit of logic of programming and with time and checking scripts/functions and forums i've learned how to script in lua and how every function worked and after everything was done i've started to host it in my house with no experience in hosting and no knowledge of php/html and c++, my server console(.exe) was downloaded from some real server and after a certain time i've noticed there was a lot of features missing(like atk speed/high level cap and others) so i've started searching in how to add it to the server and i saw i needed to do some changes in source and i had no experience source editing and i had no source, then i've downloaded a free source and somehow managed how to add the libraries and i did the changes and hosted with the new console(.exe) after a certain time the server just used to crash randomly, then i paid premium on otland with the money of donates(i was running without donates, but ppl wanted to be better than others and complained for i add some things for donation, since madness is used to be very hard...) and downloaded some private rev and did some changes and day by day i was learning more and more and adding new systems and it was getting more and more similar to madness in some parts and different in others, since there was no bug to abuse like in aries...
I'm running it since March 17, 2013, 10:39 pm CET, i've bought hoster cause i was having blackouts and i wanted the best to my players and in this time i've faced ddos on hoster and i had to change it for one with ddos protection and i have yet 98.67% of uptime...
Nowadays i was working to upgrade it to 10.78 but my hdd burned and i had no time to do a backup and i'm kinda bored to start over, since players still claim for madness 8.1 and every update they keep saying "this is not the madness i've played", "i want the real madness" and things like that, i've bought the 8.1 madness from some ppl after 1 year of hosting and i saw a lot of bugs in aries and there is no released source for it(the madness one) for fix that bugs, so i couldn't host the 8.1 either for ppl stop that crying cause i didnt want to make like the others owners did(closing and opening madness server the whole time) and i didnt want to waste my time downgrading my 8.6 rev and waste months for like 10 players and them keep saying bullshits.

This is my history, thank you to "Slirpa"/"Xenochrist"/"Wiki" and "Alex" for hosting madness 8.1
Thank you to all otland players which helped me without any kind of charge and which released a lot of things for free.
Thank you to all my friends which helped me on mapping/scripting or any kind of thing when i needed.

Moder if you want an advice get a 8.1 stable source and edit it for looks like madness otherwise you wont be able to fix the bugs like(A secret bug used to crash the aries console anytime or another bug used to kill any creature anytime and others bugs like that...) good luck in your project, if you need help with any advice feel free msging me, just keep in mind if you want profit just download a run any real server, if you aren't doing it for profit, but for fun madness is the best choice!

Enjoy!

A long time ago when i was playing madness servers(8.1) and the owners was closing it the whole damn time i've started playing your current madness II(8.6) and after a certain time some ppl told me you was the real creator of madness and i've asked if you could give me the version 8.1 of madness and you told me "i dont give my own copies", it depressed me a bit cause i rlly loved madness and wanted to make it running for long doesn't thinking on profit, i've continued playing it until a friend of mine give me the map of madness(8.1) with spawns(not the datapack, just the map) and i thought "I'll copy that madness and make it better!!" and what i did was update the map to 8.6 and create every action/movement/monster/spell/talkaction/creaturescript , when i started i did know just a bit of logic of programming and with time and checking scripts/functions and forums i've learned how to script in lua and how every function worked and after everything was done i've started to host it in my house with no experience in hosting and no knowledge of php/html and c++, my server console(.exe) was downloaded from some real server and after a certain time i've noticed there was a lot of features missing(like atk speed/high level cap and others) so i've started searching in how to add it to the server and i saw i needed to do some changes in source and i had no experience source editing and i had no source, then i've downloaded a free source and somehow managed how to add the libraries and i did the changes and hosted with the new console(.exe) after a certain time the server just used to crash randomly, then i paid premium on otland with the money of donates(i was running without donates, but ppl wanted to be better than others and complained for i add some things for donation, since madness is used to be very hard...) and downloaded some private rev and did some changes and day by day i was learning more and more and adding new systems and it was getting more and more similar to madness in some parts and different in others, since there was no bug to abuse like in aries...
I'm running it since March 17, 2013, 10:39 pm CET, i've bought hoster cause i was having blackouts and i wanted the best to my players and in this time i've faced ddos on hoster and i had to change it for one with ddos protection and i have yet 98.67% of uptime...
Nowadays i was working to upgrade it to 10.78 but my hdd burned and i had no time to do a backup and i'm kinda bored to start over, since players still claim for madness 8.1 and every update they keep saying "this is not the madness i've played", "i want the real madness" and things like that, i've bought the 8.1 madness from some ppl after 1 year of hosting and i saw a lot of bugs in aries and there is no released source for it(the madness one) for fix that bugs, so i couldn't host the 8.1 either for ppl stop that crying cause i didnt want to make like the others owners did(closing and opening madness server the whole time) and i didnt want to waste my time downgrading my 8.6 rev and waste months for like 10 players and them keep saying bullshits.

This is my history, thank you to "Slirpa"/"Xenochrist"/"Wiki" and "Alex" for hosting madness 8.1
Thank you to all otland players which helped me without any kind of charge and which released a lot of things for free.
Thank you to all my friends which helped me on mapping/scripting or any kind of thing when i needed.

Moder if you want an advice get a 8.1 stable source and edit it for looks like madness otherwise you wont be able to fix the bugs like(A secret bug used to crash the aries console anytime or another bug used to kill any creature anytime and others bugs like that...) good luck in your project, if you need help with any advice feel free msging me, just keep in mind if you want profit just download a run any real server, if you aren't doing it for profit, but for fun madness is the best choice!

Enjoy!

Nice story,and well i played your madness a lot ,first eras i liked it,it was been good,
and i was been one of these ppls who told "thats not madness" and i think you know why,we even had a forum "war" when you added upgrading system :D

well, making a server for profit? im not that king of peoples who makes server for profit

FUN,only FUN :p

I wonder how yall find it i searched for 3 days (so far) and i aint find anythin at all

Enjoy!

You are The Best and i do that i Done madness BUt 8.1 But Some Problem Like attack speed,amulets,Only Cant fiX iT cUZ I DONT HAVE THE SOURCE AND SONN WILL FOUND IT :d

All hosters of current projects are just dominating players out of their money by accepting donations for items and shutting down the server after 2 weeks and launching the same server with map edits, sometimes using melt instead of exori flam to trick people into thinking it's a different server even though the server address links to the same IP. Please, PLEASE don't donate unless someone actually tries to update (like bein, but not really. only when compared to his garbage competition). I just can't believe these random people with unencumbered profit margins using a free datapack. That's why they call it OTMadness I guess. They're just running around unscathed by reality. Running amok. Running rampant. Donate wisely.

Its not that easy.

I can confirm that it is not that easy. How I know that for sure is top secret. No spoilers for at least another few months ;)

Top secret project has me zombie by day, dust by night. I feel like I would be good at grinding at a computer in a corporate office in a skyscraper for a living. The important thing is that I'm having fun and learning along the way. There's no stopping progress now! (chokes on mouthful of salad).

Last edited:
im interested in this data , there is someone hosting it but he is just destroying the server , let me know guys if its available for download anywhere

Back