• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTMapGen

Forby

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
The past days I have been working on OTMapGen: a NodeJS library that uses random noise to generate realistic looking terrain for Open Tibia. Who wants to do mapping when you can generate maps? All maps are very simple terrain but provide a good starting point to improve on. Output maps are fully bordered (to some logical extent).

This is still a work in progress and there may be some bugs, but if you want to give it a spin right now: Inconcessus/OTMapGen.

Online demo: Open Tibia Map Generator 1.0.0

There are a lot of sensitive parameters that have a cascading effect on the final result, so be sure to play around with this tool and change some of the numbers.

To start with here is a map that I generated with a zoom-in on a particular place. Feel free to post anything you generate!

Forby

Bw2B76X.jpg

PZ9zfK3.jpg

Last edited:
how would I generate it? a map?

only works in linux ?, does windows work?

Last edited by a moderator:
how would I generate it? a map?

only works in linux ?, does windows work?

It works on all platforms. You will need to download the source code for OTMapGen and OTBM2JSON from GitHub using Git or do it manually. Then you need NodeJS to run OTMapGen.js and it will create an outfile map.otbm.

Fixed some bugs with auto-bordering and added code for generation of:
  • grass
  • flowers
  • blueberries!
  • water lillies and plants close to the shore
  • small pebbles (mountains)
  • moss (mountains)
Bxb8J2o.jpg
does it works for 8.10 otbm version?

I tried, but I could not use it, but I really liked the idea very well.

Creating map of size 255x255 using seed 0.Creating map layers.Smoothing coastline <iteration 0>Smoothing coastline <iteration 1>Smoothing coastline <iteration 2>Smoothing coastline <iteration 3>Smoothing coastline <iteration 4>Smoothing coastline <iteration 5>Smoothing coastline <iteration 6>Creating OTBM tile areas and adding clutter.Finished generation in 1197ms. Writing output to map.otbm/home/XXX/OTBM2JSON/otbm2json.js:293 const VERSION = Buffer.alloc(4).fill(0x00); ^TypeError: Buffer.alloc is not a function at Object.writeOTBM [as write] (/home/XXX/OTBM2JSON/otbm2json.js:293:26) at Object.<anonymous> (/home/XXX/OTMapGen.js:664:13) at Module._compile (module.js:410:26) at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:417:10) at Module.load (module.js:344:32) at Function.Module._load (module.js:301:12) at Function.Module.runMain (module.js:442:10) at startup (node.js:136:18) at node.js:966:3

Ok that makes sense since that version is deprecated and missing the Buffer.alloc() function. Is it possible to update to a more recent version (e.g. v8.11.1)? Node.js

Open OTMapGen.js and at the top you will find some configuration. Change the map seed to any integer to get a different map. You can also change the map size here. For other parameters there is no configuration right now but you will have to modify the zNoiseFunction inside the script. Feel free to play around with all numbers.

Code:
// Configuration
const MAP = {
  "SEED": 0,
  "WIDTH": 255,
  "HEIGHT": 255
}

Back