• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTs these days

What type of server would you prefer?

• Evo

• RPG

• Rl map

Results are only viewable after voting.

ghettobird

LUA newbie
Reaction score
Hello OTlanders, the reason I made this thread is to ask a couple of questions, first of all,

1. which client would you prefer to play nowadays? (8.60->10.x) or maybe a custom client?
  2. What type of server would you rather play?(Evo, RPG, RL map (i hate rl maps but well, mmh)
  3. Is countdown on OTservlist really worth it?

I'm curious to see how servers are going nowadays, because I only see replicas of the same server(s) =/

1. The higher the client the more sprites available which I enjoy. Custom client is also nice.
  2. Custom RPG, or a REALLY well done EVO.
  3. Well it certainly does it's job. If you get the countdown on otservlist you will have a decent amount of players on start, but the problem is that
1. its expensive... and
2. if your server isn't good players will just leave. I know servers that have gotten countdowns, got up to 150 players, and then within 2 days the server went down to 5 people online.

1. The higher the client the more sprites available which I enjoy. Custom client is also nice.
  2. Custom RPG, or a REALLY well done EVO.
  3. Well it certainly does it's job. If you get the countdown on otservlist you will have a decent amount of players on start, but the problem is that
1. its expensive... and
2. if your server isn't good players will just leave. I know servers that have gotten countdowns, got up to 150 players, and then within 2 days the server went down to 5 people online.
was thinking the same thing on #2, on #1 idk cus I don't really play OTs.

I think otservlist countdown is OP though, servers that restard 20x (frozeria for example) get 100+ again, of course players leave because it's crap but they do get money :p

Yeah it actually is pretty OP lol. It doesn't matter how bad your server is you'll still get a lot of players.
And yeah good example with Frozeria.. the owner of that server has had like 10 different server (same server but different name) and just keeps resetting them.
I bet he's made a lot of money lmao.

Can't actually believe that people are still voting for rl/evo maps
icon_failfish.png

The best RPG ots i remember was Materia , if you dont know the server check youtube, it was really amazing if a good rpg server like this would open, i would play :)

Well I don't see why people shouldn't vote for Evo servers? Everyone has a different taste when it comes to OTS and everyone values different aspects of the game. There are even people like me who never got past lvl 50 in rl tibia and thus enjoy playing rl map servers, though not as much as Evos as far as I am concerned.

Offtopic:
Materia RPG sure was hell lota fun :) I remember playing this server with my friends. There was quite a huge german community there ;)

I Think Rpg server is really good since it shows your talent and how you do things your own way, and you see and do what you like. Personally I played rl tibia and ots for 7-8 years and I find that Rpg server are the best, cause you are sharing your imagination with us playing it.

I Think Rpg server is really good since it shows your talent and how you do things your own way, and you see and do what you like. Personally I played rl tibia and ots for 7-8 years and I find that Rpg server are the best, cause you are sharing your imagination with us playing it.
so would you play an 8.60 RPG? Or would you prefer 10.x?

For an RPG, either do Custom Client or the highest Tibia Version you can. (RPGs do better when you have more sprite options)
tfs 1.2 it is then, will have to study it's functions before creating an RPG, however do you think an RPG like tibia.com would work? (not rl map just the same idea), so I like get spawns all over the cities and you have to find out where they are, same for quests? I think it would be fun exploring but I quit rl tibia cus I couldn't find a hunting place ;C

tfs 1.2 it is then, will have to study it's functions before creating an RPG, however do you think an RPG like tibia.com would work? (not rl map just the same idea), so I like get spawns all over the cities and you have to find out where they are, same for quests? I think it would be fun exploring but I quit rl tibia cus I couldn't find a hunting place ;C

People still play tibia, so yes, probably.

so would you play an 8.60 RPG? Or would you prefer 10.x?
Custom CLient is good, making like tibia does not sound so good, make it 90% ur idea and 10% tibia Idea this way it would be really cool, and as for hunting try like when you start a cave for rats/scarab etc.. and then like either put direction or lead like a cave for 8-15, another cave 15-30 and so on you know what i mean?

Custom CLient is good, making like tibia does not sound so good, make it 90% ur idea and 10% tibia Idea this way it would be really cool, and as for hunting try like when you start a cave for rats/scarab etc.. and then like either put direction or lead like a cave for 8-15, another cave 15-30 and so on you know what i mean?
sort of like mookvu?

I never heard about Mookvu but this is my Idea and put alot of quests any idea for quests you know
so you start in a temple, you have a starting cave and then it leads to some more caves... I think if you had to search for the other caves somewhere else in the city it would be better, cus then they would actually go outside temple :p

The cool thing about how tibia did their map, is you could find "hidden" spawns, quests, and other things all over the map.
The cave leading to the level 20 Desert Quest has some pretty dangerous areas (and even traps) in it. But the level 20 quest itself is easy if you know the way. People STILL die doing the Desert Quest because they go down that hole with the Orc Berserkers by mistake.

Your way, its basically an Evo Server without the teleports to spawns that say "This spawn is for level 8-15. This spawn is for 15-30. etc. Which to me, is boring. It means you'll never run into a hard monster, or unexpected encounter unless it was on purpose. Which is bad game-design for an open-world MMORPG/"

Back