• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Otserv and MyISAM

gunz

GunzOT Owner
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

I have converted all innodb tables to MyISAM because of perfomance. I would like to ask if this cause the problem for the otserv. The only difference for otserv is that innodb supports relations so when some row from some table is deleted or updated, it is updated in the other table too. When I look at the otserv schema I only see on delete cascade, so it's only deleting the rows.

Unless you have a specific table that needs a a MyISAM-specific feature such as fulltext indexes, you almost certainly want to use InnoDB.
If you think you have a special case that makes MyISAM a better choice - you probably don't (unless you're an experienced MySQL user, in which case you're probably not reading this).

I worked for one project, we have compared innodb and myisam performance. Myisam completely beat the innodb for big tables (millions of rows) so that's the reason. I'm running 2 ot servers, which use the same db, I have mysql cleaning script but the server lag when a lot of queries are executed (for example bigger amount of players logout at the same time) so I decided to try MyISAM. On the first look it seems better at the performance side (server started after 25seconds~ instead of 2 minutes with innodb). I just want to ask if otserv is compatible with MyISAM.

Have you tried optimizing tables with mysqltuner for better performance?

Back