• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTserver vs. OMServer

alkurius

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
To open the discussion I want to clarify that OTserver means Open Tibia Server and OMServer I call Open Medivia Server.

Introduction
In particular, I got to play the game around from 2002 to 2006 when the game was cool ... without so many things. I remember that the simplicity of the game was fair to us. When I met the unofficial versions of tibia around 2004, it was fantastic to be able to experience that feeling of being able to play with a high level or kill a demon etc.

Now, if you came to this forum I want to think about OTLand, it is because somehow you have an interest in recreating a version of tibia or themes related to the game or simply out of curiosity.

Main.
A few days ago, I leaked information about the Medivia game, for which some did not seem to others, not for which in communication with the administrator it was agreed not to filter any information within this forum and this point is not under discussion. (maybe in other forums only .... just kidding)

What I would like to discuss with the community is you guys thinking about trying to recreate a game like Medivia?

Not with the intention of putting it online .. just out of curiosity, for pure hobby .. since I don't even work for money haaa.
Some of you know that I am a faithful believer in the term open source hehe .. and my servers totally corrected and ready to use I have published them ... since I have no financial interest.

As for me, the development of a game entertains me more than the game itself ... but getting back to the point.
My goal is to try to recreate a game like tibia. with only certain characteristics such as medivia ... I think the concept would be cool.

What do you think about it?
In favor? In against? Yes? No?
Greetings to all and if I offended anyone I am sorry

Nope. I mean, medivia is basically an ots anyway isn't it? Or does it have it's own fully fledged engine?

I feel like more are moving away from rl maps or those types of servers now and more into Evo style servers. Some users have been inspired to create their own games, i.e. Ravendawn (looks very promising), Frontiers of Fantasy (again, looks promising) etc so idk if people would be so focused to recreate an OT based server for mediva..

IDK if it would have the traction for a project to be started tbh

No, and no.
I remember when Medivia launch... Its was normal tibia ots with Tibia sprites, in time they go forward to custom, anyway...
Im pretty disgusted in what direction everything with it going. What i mean?
Ok, nostalgia, tibia etc. but, we have epic community, powerful tools, amazing engine and ofc super client, for what?
In my opinion for creating a nice custom game, but 99% people here just come download and make copy/paste Tibia servers... Im not offense about copying or taking inspirations from other games(i do it myself) but...
Everyone must have op huge real map which burn tons of ram and honestly xD in all servers, how many % of this real maps are used by players for playing? 2% xD, and ofc alot etc.
I think we should focus and support custom projects instead of copying all time Tibia.
And what u wanna do is making ots by copying ots :|

We get similar threads about "real maps and copy/paste servers" all the time tbh.. I know this is slightly different asking about "mediva inspired ots" but from what I'm seeing, is there is huge shift from real map servers to evo style servers with custom maps, etc anyway.

Yes a lot are going to have the same gameplay as the vast majority of the systems and scripts they utilise are free on this forum (this is a good thing) but I also feel there are many more projects with unique concepts and amazing ideas than previously.

There definitely is a shift with more servers utilising OTclient since it provides a platform for creating a better gaming experience (look at Ranger's Acarni's client - it's amazing). So whilst you may think "boring copy/paste", I've seen it move towards a different direction in my time here.

There are quite a lot of projects pushing the boundaries of tibia whereas these were more so unheard of before. Ravendawn is built on it's own engine afaik, Frontiers of Fantasy also, and even that game from that Brazilian team (based off tibia but completely rewritten / I forget the name). These are very very good projects that have come from the OT community and I can definitely see more appearing. Especially since our community are generally much older and of working age so have either the money or the ability to develop these servers properly.

Having custom sprites doesn't make Mediva it's own game. It's an OT. Well developed OT maybe, but an OT none the less. Definitely not something I can see a team spending months to years developing another based on that 🤔

Back