• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTServlist

Vesgo

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey guys, what the hell am i doing wrong? I took off all the anti logout areas from my map (except the zombie event area), idle time is 15 minutes, and just when my ot server reaches 50+ players, i got banned. I just wonder what the Hell am i doing wrong, i need to pay to annouce my ot in otservlist? or i need to be in another country to run it expect brazil?

Teach me the way to not get banned from this list, would you?

sorry Vesgo but you don't think that logging in fake characters to raise your position on otservlist and then posting on forum how bad our support is will make your server unbanned from the list, did you?

Ty for your answer Xinn, but i read lots of complains about banned ots and never found an answer, this is the first time i get in touch with you, pleased to meet you. Obviously, i was wondering to find out what was wrong with my open tibia server . My point of view was that there were no problems with my system, but i was looking for an orientation only, thats why i was trying to reach you or anyone of your staff. Today i got a message from you

Hello,

Unfortunately you were banned because you didn't follow
otservlist.org's rules. You are not allowed to count xlogged
characters in your status protocol.
It means, that if a player exits on trainers and he is still in the
game then you can't count such player as the real one.
Status protocol informs otservlist.org about how many players you have
on the server and that value must be accurate, your server has to
return the real number of players connected to your server, otherwise
your server will be banned.

What do you have to do to stay on otservlist?
If you want to keep your trainers with infinity training time and
possibility to train on xlog:
- apply a small patch from here:
http://otland.net/f451/how-not-count-x-logged-players-81370/

If you can't compile your server or patch above doesn't work with your
distribution:
- delete non-logout zones
- change your config.lua and reduce a kicktime to maximally 15 minutes
(idleKickTime value)
- fix a common bug in idle.lua which don't let players exit the game
when they attack a monster

and i will aplly this patch, but some other questions remains:

May i keep the Zombie event no logout zone? If i may not, what should i do to keep the event?

I appreciate your orientation, and that was what i needed, but please, me and MOST part of the users of this forum are trying to learn and, liking or not, you list is a reference. We, sometimes, just need some helpful hints to make our ot servers better, and by saying that, please, dont assume we are a bunch of cheaters trying to raise our position in otservlist, we (me!) may be in the beggining of the way to learn how to make a great ot, but please remember, you were here too long ago, right?

Last edited:
btw, about the post dondanielo said:
Don Daniello: This change has been applied to the TFS 0.3.7 as of revision 5682. If you are using any later versions, you do not need to follow this tutorial. Additionally, is is achieved in a safer way.
Im using 0.4, correct me if im wrong, but i should not be banned because of it, right?

Cmon Xinn please answer my email! I dont think that is a good reason why i got banned. There are many poke servers on the list. Of all these server you chosed mine which following the rules like a dog :(

OTservlist's reputation is too high for anyone to start a brand new serverlist.
However, Talaturen has done it before, somehow managed to almost kill OTFans and create a new community.

But then again, you see:
There are 32380 players online on 1071 servers
Last Update: July 25, 2012, 8:34 pm

We have 2748 servers in our database
Current Time: July 25, 2012, 8:35 pm

There are 2748 legitimate servers, that means thousands of people have been doing things right.
It's not a very common thing to get banned; so, somewhere, somehow, you people are not doing things right.

No my reason was: We dont accept pokemons to the list yet. :O
There are now over 20 pokes server still online on the list he banned me :S

i would like to start a new project about a new ot server list site, anyone can help? i have all the structure to support it, but dont have all the knowledge, pm me if anyone is interested.

Back