• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

otweb - open tibia accounts management system

frameworks are great if they are exactly what you need
but if you need something that wasn't expected by frameworks designer then you are doomed

and all that extra libs and parsing layouts takes time

frameworks are great if they are exactly what you need
but if you need something that wasn't expected by frameworks designer then you are doomed

and all that extra libs and parsing layouts takes time

Still, I believe that correctly used framework is more flexible & easier to maintain than plain php code.

If something wasn't expected by framework designer you've got 2 options:
1) detect it on the design stage of your application
2) extend framework :)

So that's not a problem.

show me then some better choice.
Select the appropriate parts of CSS that you use.
You can do this using a regular browser.

The JavaScript code is another matter.

I'm using that framework from 1 year ^_^, so it's not any kind of copy ^_^.

Only the "well" may be from shadowcores ^_^ trou should know what i mean.

@edit

But i remember that i published my work on this board (using just bootstramp) and i was flamed by some members (i didn't based on shadowcores), But fortunately, people are more tolerant for the bootstramp now, good for them :) , anyway dont flame snake for it becouse he can think that you are using some parts of css code (created by shadowcores) he may have right or not, We dont know, becouse it isn't published.

Last edited:
Select the appropriate parts of CSS that you use.
You can do this using a regular browser.

The JavaScript code is another matter.
You missed the point.
That was not about frontend, but backed.

Still, if YOU code everything then you know what's inside.
If you use public code then its flaws are known and someone can hack website and you'd get code with "extensions"

Still, if YOU code everything then you know what's inside.
If you use public code then its flaws are known and someone can hack website and you'd get code with "extensions"
If you code the thing yourself, you'll know what's inside. You're also likely to get tunnel vision and fuck things up, resulting in way more effort required when it's time for some kind of update you hadn't thought about before when building the thing. There are times to go for your own thing and there are times when it's wiser to use what's out there already instead of reinventing the wheel. If the code is public, flaws will be known, but if it's an active project, these things will be fixed pretty quick. Because it's an open source project, there are quite some people who are dedicated to search for holes and ways to improve it - whiles if it's your own code, you're on your own. Now, it's actually a lot less likely you'll get notice about the security breeches, because people will generally look for them to exploit them.

Writing your things from scratch is a great way to learn but should try to be avoided unless it's actually needed - usually it's not.

Last edited:
If I create something simple to midlvl its faster to code it myself than chosing and learning framework ;d

Back