• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Paradox Tower Quest

Terotrificy

Veteran OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
I have been looking at old tibicams and the actual paradox tower quest, and i have found more questions than answers:
I remember the very first version of the paradox tower reward was this:

And then, it turned into a wooden wand, 10k, 32 talons and (a phoenix egg?).

I just remember Luisber doing a quest spoiler back when tibiawiki didn't exist, and he claimed to have taken an AOL and 10K from the 2 boxes in the center, no idea what version it was:

Later, it changed to wand of cosmic energy instead of wooden wand, and the wooden wand at the left chest was changed to a phoenix egg, and the phoenix egg to the right was changed for a wand of cosmic energy, here comes my doubts:

Looking at 7.21 tibicams, if you walked into the tiles, you would destroy the items like this:

(7.4)

twluqVNdkk.gif
WOODEN WAND B(0)PLATINUM COINS(C0)TALONS(D0)EGG(E0)
? (A1)WOODEN WAND (B1)TALONS (C1)TALONS(D1)?(E1)?(F1)
? (A2)EGG (B2)EGG(C2)PLATINUM COINS(D2)?(E2)?(F2)

Considering that if you walked into B2, you destroyed the chest containing the Egg (E0) and if you walked into B1 you destroyed the Wooden Wand (B0), i would say that they just swapped the wooden wand position for the egg position, and that's why nowadays if you walk into B2 you destroy B0 instead, and if you walk into B1 you destroy E0 (although you still delete the same items than before).

Assuming my logic is correct, the order for the 7.4 paradox quest should be this:

WOODEN WANDPLATINUM COINSTALONSEGGS
PLATINUM COINSWOODEN WANDTALONSTALONSTALONPLATINUM COINS
EGGEGGEGGPLATINUM COINSWOODEN WANDWOODEN WAND

While the quest order nowadays is this:

EGGPLATINUM COINSTALONWAND
PLATINUM COINSWANDTALONTALONTALONPLATINUM COINS
EGGEGGEGGPLATINUM COINSWANDWAND

1623111921820.png
1623111911748.png

So here comes my question:

Looking at the cams, i can see they swapped the boxes in the edges but the tiles order for the rewards didn't changed AT ALL, and also changed the wooden wand for a wand of cosmic energy, but did the AOL was ever a part of this quest? and what were the rewards back then if it was true?

Last edited:
I don't think they swapped the chests. In the stolen files the egg is on the right and the wand on the left (and it's already wand of cosmig energy). The wiki is probably wrong.
I surely remember hearing back then that it had an AOL, but I didn't complete it at the time to tell whether it was only a rumour. If it ever had an AOL it must have been for a short time at 7.2. In 7.4 it was wooden wand, cash, talons and egg.
The first pic is pre-quest system era (<= 7.1). I think it was magician hat (not hat of the mad) and that stone is a violet gem. Both these items became unobtainable when they changed the system and remained so until pharaohs were added in 7.4.

I don't think they swapped the chests. In the stolen files the egg is on the right and the wand on the left (and it's already wand of cosmig energy). The wiki is probably wrong.
I surely remember hearing back then that it had an AOL, but I didn't complete it at the time to tell whether it was only a rumour. If it ever had an AOL it must have been for a short time at 7.2. In 7.4 it was wooden wand, cash, talons and egg.
The first pic is pre-quest system era (<= 7.1). I think it was magician hat (not hat of the mad) and that stone is a violet gem. Both these items became unobtainable when they changed the system and remained so until pharaohs were added in 7.4.
You're right, the wiki is wrong in the first image order:

Here is the proof:

You're also right with the rewards in the pre-quest system era, my only doubt is if the AOL was just a rumour, since Luisber used to not spoil the quests at all. I also found someone asking in the wikia if he was right at putting the AOL in the history of the quest, however, it's not added :/.

Last edited:
Look, in this site seems like the amulet of loss was the first reward instead of 32 talons right after the quest system was implemented, it makes me think it was right after because of this explanation:
Also, this random golden mace assumption rofl

Website: Tibia Maniacs2000- Quests (https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:M3YNJy81BBQJ:https://www.oocities.org/tibiamaniacs2000/Quests.htm+&cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=cl)

I have not found the answer yet on what was in the Paradox Tower before the Ghoul, because i went there pre 7.2 to get the violet gem and I remember the ghoul being added there after 7.2 update. I also remember they added the 'whats the meaning of life' question after It was spoiled. Maybe that floor didnt exist at all?

Back