• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Pedro Rates It!

linuxe

Reaction score
The mc-pedro account is apparently banned forever, and my previous thread can't be accessed with this one, so I'll continue with this account.

Pedro Rates It! is a game-reviewing thread, here I will review games for the Xbox 360 and PC, hope you enjoy reading them!​
Games Reviewed:
Dead Rising [Page 1]
Smackdown vs Raw 2009 [Page 1]
FEAR 2 [Page 1]
Resident Evil 5 [Page 1]
Left 4 Dead [Page 1]
Red Faction Guerilla [Page 1]
Ghostbusters [Page 1]
UFC Undisputed [Page 1]
Borderlands [Page 2]
Red Dead Redemption [Page 2]
Assassin's Creed II [Page 2]
Fable II [Page 2]

Old Games Reviewed:
Nox [Page 1]

Last edited:
Dead Rising
Dead-Rising-Cover.jpg
The gameplay itself is based upon George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead where you fight zombies in a huge mall, Capcom claimed that Dead Rising was not inspired by the Dawn of the Dead movie, and that's partly true, the storyline is quite basic even though I loved it, you start out as Frank West a photo journalist who wanted to create the biggest story in the world by exploring the odd events happening in the town of Williamette. Through a helicopter ride he found himself stranded at the Williamette mall, he tells the helicopter driver to arrive at the exact same spot in 72 hours, and the hunt had begun... He finds himself in a middle of a zombie-drama, he hooks up with the crew of Otis (the Janitor), Jessica (A DHS agent) and Brad (Also a DHS agent, working with Jessica). You will soon find out that things are not what they seem to be, later in the game the story will take place in a whole new level, which is the part I personally loved.
Dead_Rising_5.jpg

The camera view is quite unpleasant for the untrained eye (lol), I enjoy first-person zombie slaying over third-person, but they Dead Rising handles this quite well, the engine could be more dynamic if you ask me, you don't always get this feeling your in a mall with tons of flesh-eating zombies, since when you reach higher levels you unlock brain smashing new attacks.
The level system is a quite fun addon to Dead Rising, to advance a level you need to collect Prestige Points (aka PP), which is obtained by slaying zombies, taking exciting photos, completing missions or rescuing survivors. The main story is quite well made, the game ain't that spooky that I expected it to be, but only having 72 hours to complete the story makes it scarier.
Frank and his crew is not alone in the mall though, there are so called Psycopaths around the mall, these are people driven insane by the zombie outbreak, (could also be called bosses), then there's also a bunch of survivors.

There's also 3 modes, the 72 Hour Mode which is the main story, the Overtime Mode which is unlocked after completing the 72 Hour Mode. It's the continue from where the 72 Hour Mode left off, I won't spoil anything. Then the third is the Infinity Mode where you are placed in the mall with Psycopaths spread all over the mall and your objective is to stay alive for as many days as you can, your health bar drops time after time and you need to collect food to keep it up, but there's only a limited stack of food, so you need to be wise and put the bullets in a good use.
dead%20rising.jpg

All in all, Dead Rising is a great game, and I would definetly recommend you to pick it up as soon as possible, the price of dead rising is quite low for such a good game so it's definetly worth the money, even though the price has been raised due to the popularity because of recents leak of Dead Rising 2.

7/10

Thanks for reading - Pedro!

Smackdown vs Raw 2009
18132_wwe_smackdown_vs_raw_2009.jpg
Let's start by saying that Smackdown vs Raw 2009 is a great game! One of the best multiplayer games out there! So Smackdown vs Raw 2009 takes you back to the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) world with all the great superstars, the gameplay has been polished alot and it's noticed from the other Smackdown vs Raw games, the gameplay has taken a step up to the newest generation, by removing the annoying stamina bar was a success, and with controlling the superstar to a hundred percent, that will say the running and grabbles are fully controlled by you. Just like any other sports game they are trying to implent the right-stick into more use of the games, which THQ has tried here too, it's a fantastic idea and it works very well, you don't have to be a wrestling fan to enjoy playing this game with your friends and family, there's nothing funnier than smashing a chair through the Big Show's head or giving Kane a good old Tombstone Piledriver.
44266031708x-01.jpg

First off I noticed one thing, the blood is more dynamic, when you smash open someone's skull the blood drips from the head to the ringfloor, the more punishment the head takes, the bigger will the wound become. In Smackdown vs Raw 2009 there are alot of game modes availible, but still I don't think there's enough, I miss the good old Casket Match or Guest Referee for example. In Smackdown vs Raw 2009 you will be introduced to something called the Road to Wrestlemania which is you pick one of six superstars which includes: Batista, Rey Mysterio, CM Punk, Triple H, Chris Jericho and John Cena. In Road to Wrestlemania you play through one of the superstars professional wrestling lifes and in each one you'll encounter an interesting plot, I enjoyed it but there could be a little more user friendly and a little more free-choices, (and if you pick up games for achievments only, don't bother about this one).
wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2009-20080701104855063.jpg

Then there's the Create Mode where you can fully customize your game, create own signature moves, entraces and of course, superstars. They must have spent too much time doing the Create Mode since it ain't that much of a diffrence if you compare it with the 2005 series.
The Career mode was also a little dissapointing, I thought it would mean that you create your own controvirsies with other superstars and make your friends and foes, it is NOT like that, first you pick a championship path, then you have a list with 5 superstars, and you get to battle the one you choose, and your goal is to make the most entertaining match as possible for the crowd to finally wrestle for the number #1 contestant spot, and at last wrestle the title holder, it's nothing more than that, it was very dissapointing.

Well said, it's a great game which is fun in Exhibition, but a little dissapointing when running single player, but I definetly recommend you to pick it up.

8/10

F.E.A.R 2 Project Origin
spelomslag_522.jpeg
This years best horror FPS is finally here! F.E.A.R 2 Project Origin and the expectations are great, will they fulfill them all? The answer is yes. F.E.A.R 2 takes place 30 minutes before the ending of the first one (the big explosion), you are playing as Sergeant Michael Beckett and is situated in the middle of the fight not knowing about what has happened, the deeper you reach the story you find out that Alma is back, released, and she is hungry for blood... You discover that Alma was kidnapped against her own will and sealed for over 7 years, when she was 15 she gave birth to a son, and now she is released...
Replica_Outdoors.jpg

Comparing the gameplay from the first one to Project Origin you can't say more than that the gameplay has been roughly improved, the graphics looks beautiful and solid, a very well polished game, looks very fresh and you feel like you have control over the weapons, the slow-mo mode has been improved significally, makes the game quite easy but it's definetly tons of fun shooting the brains out of a Replica Soldier. One other diffrence is the paranormal effects, ghosts and spectres flying against you and hallucinations terroring Becket through the game, looks beautiful and is very spooky to encounter. I can already say that this game will be a candidate to the game of the year, the best FPS I've played this year, (counting 2008 too).
fear-2-project-origin-20081218052131320_640w.jpg

The multiplayer was a little bit dissapointing though, it is a very similar game style as the Call of Duty series, slow-motion has been removed from multiplayer but some stuffs has been added, like the Power Armor. It's quite entertaining to wander around in this powerful suit torching everything in your path.
The game is very well made and the story is interesting as expected, but there's still something missing, or at least it feels like it, let's just hope for a F.E.A.R 3, I'm not going to spoil the ending but I hope for a third game.

9/10

360-resident-evil-5.jpg
One of this years so far biggest release, Resident Evil 5 came to the gaming world with a huge amount of expectations on their feet. Three years had passed since RE4 was released and the hardcore fans expected the game to be pretty much perfect. I can just now tell you Resident Evil fans that it is definetly not a perfect game, and far from becoming one aswell, truth to be told, it is a great game, but it missed a lot, first of all, it doesn't give you the good old Resident Evil feeling, but it feels more like an action game than a horror game. Well sure, the hard aiming system can make the game quite scary when facing the real mutants of the game, but seriously, I've never got the hang of the "zombies" in the RE series, they are NOT scary, not just a little bit. Well sure, it looks kinda spooky watching these black africans walking toward you with a weapon of their choice, but they looks just like a normal person (with some stuff coming up their throut ^^), zombies should walk slow, look brutally assaulted and maybe make the face look a little f*cked up, like a George A. Romero movie, I love it!
resident-evil-5-03.jpg

The first thing I noticed when I played Resident Evil 5 was, "Hey! This game actually sucks!", since I was not used to the controls, the view of play, the aiming system, the bag system or anything, and I thought the game was way hard, so try amateur if your new to the series, right after half of the second chapter you already start to learn the controls, and then your ready to take on the hard stuff, giant tomb raiders (Lara Croft = first thing that came up in my mind) and spiders. If you followed the Resident Evil story, I can tell you that Wesker is back and so is also Jill (hooray for hot girls!). But in the game your not accompanied by Jill, but with an agent named Sheva, she's quite alright for being new, nothing like Jill though, and with the amateur AI playing, she's sooo annoying, I'd rather play solo...
resident-evil-5-1.jpg

If you've watched gameplay footage of RE5 before the release, all the footage is taken from the african village chapters, and there's no reason for them to do that actually, since the game is quite long (might not think so when it only says 6 chapters) but it is, and there's many interesting levels, even though the ending was my favorite, since I got the gamerscore and didn't have to play it anymore ^^. I can't say it is perfect, then I would lie... Bigtime, and I can't say it's bad, that would also be a lie, so I would say the game is average, not really my taste since I like zombies like the ones from Left 4 Dead and mr. George A. Romero movies, if your into action, shooting africans (innocent joke, don't kill me), Resident Evil story and the gamerscore, buy the game, don't expect any horror from it though.

6.3/10

l4d360jg7.jpg
A new Valve game which is another one of those "Steam" games, anyway. Left 4 Dead is Valve's new zombie FPS (First-Person-Shooter), the game itself doesn't really have a story, just mostly kill, kill and kill, you are situated in a city choosing one of four characters, Zoey, Francis, Louis and Bill, the gameplay is really similar to the Half-Life, Counter-Strike series, so it's quite obvious where they got the game engine from. To say it right away, Left 4 Dead doesn't fit as a game, but more as a mod, it sure feels like it, a very short game, no story and no perticular reason to finish it.
left4dead_5.jpg

But anyway, I love zombies, so the first playthrough or two can be really entertaining, facing hordes of zombies and other obstacles. What Valve could have done to make the game actually scary, was to remove the extraordinary "zombies", like the multiplayer choices of infected characters; Hunter, Smoker, Boomer and the Tank (which is controlled under a certain period of time in the game). Left 4 Dead could have been great, but it seems like Valve slacked most of the time and just put up a mod for Counter-Strike, so Left 4 Dead doesn't give you a scary zombie feeling at all.
left_4_dead_enn_3.jpg

The multiplayer though was fun in the beginning, but since the game only offers FOUR maps of playthrough, with each containing 5 short chapters, the whole game could be completed in 4 hours, on the easiest difficulty. I wanted Left 4 Dead to be far more dynamic, like the blood moves with the objects and walls, I wanted it to feel like a scary George A. Romero movie (yes I'm a Romero fan), but the game felt like a cheap mod made by some teenagers just graduated from high school, just like the first version of Tibia, so let's just hope for better zombie games in the past, right now we'll have to settle with Dead Rising and Resident Evil 5.

3,5/10

13145.jpg
Red Faction Guerilla is one of the biggest releases in 2009 so far and oh boy what a success it has been, the storyline is basic - you play as Alec Mason, a demolition expert and also a mining engineer arrives to Mars to start a new life to get rid of his past as a con, he meets with his brother Daniel that tells you he's a part of the Red Faction. Later your assaulted by an organisation called EDF, which are in a conflict with the Red Faction.
Daniel is killed by the EDF and Alec is rescued by a group of Red Faction Guerillas, with the taste of revenge, Alec joins the Red Faction to take out the EDF.
img_113332_red_faction.jpg
Red Faction Guerilla is basically an open-world game, it's all about going wherever you want, doing whatever you want, when you want to - you could almost compare it to a space version of GTA, but I won't since it's not.
Well, you've got the same perspective with the missions and side-missions, but there's one thing telling these games apart - the gameplay.
This game has one of the most awesome gameplays I've experienced, you can practicly blow up everything you see, and the explosions and destructions are incredibly awesome, sometimes I forgot to do the main mission, I was so stunned by the buildings getting their arses owned - it's amazing.
red%20faction%20guerrilla_2.jpg
The missions in this game are quite well made, you could expect a little bit more out of them - but I won't criticise on it since they made a splendid job on the gameplay and the graphics, basicly you have an option to take a main mission in the Red Faction Safehouse, which are located all over Mars, or you could do the side-missions, in diffrent occasions, you need to lower the EDF Control Level, to a certain degree before you can accept the mission, to do that, you need to destroy an "high-importance" building located all over the section you are in, there's "low" "medium" and "high" importance level, each defined on how much reinforcement the EDF will sent if the building is attacked.
Once destroyed, you lower their Control Level and your able to move on.
Red-Faction-Guerrilla-Story-Trailer_2.jpg

The multiplayer mode is an alright addition to the game, while myself prefer the single-player mode over the multiplayer, it kinda reminds me of Gears of War multiplayer mode, except your able to fully demolish your opponents defense and cover, I won't really cover much of the multiplayer since there's not that much to say, it's up to you to decide wether you'd do like me and choose the single-player over the multiplayer, all I can say is that you'll enjoy this game, with 5 words ending this review - Open World Is The Shiet!

8,5/10

20071116_Ghostbusters_flatbox_360_temp.jpg
Get your proton pack and your team, it's time to bust some ghosts! I guess I don't need to say that Ghostbusters is based off the successful movie (by the same name, duh), with a little plot change, basicly you play as the new "cadet" in the Ghostbusters service - your introduced to Egon, Peter, Raymond and Winston. There isn't much of a "plot" more as a explainitory of the beginning else there would be spoilers (and we do not want that).
Well, Egon sends you off to capture a ghost that's escaped from the trap box called Slimer, this could also be called the Tutorial Mode - you and Peter rush down to the basement to capture this rotten piece of a ghost - when you finish the Tutorial your sent into the world of Ghostbusters and an adventure begins.
33o571n0lnmd6tr5bwca9tg9.jpg
The graphics of Ghostbusters are awesome, the enviroment is greatly detailed and the weapon graphics are stunning.
I just can't get enough of the proton beams amazing colors and firepower, I was really amazed that a "movie game" could be so good and so cool, the complex purpose of the game makes the experience so much better - the mix of intense ghostbusting and comedy makes the game suitable for almost any age.
ghostbusters_0.jpg
Even though some people may think Ghostbusters is for kids, then they are completly wrong - the gameplay experience is great, as I said the complexity makes it even better, you really feel the challenge from busting a small harmless ghost to a huge badass like Stay Puft (the marshmallow ghost from the movie). It's a really enjoyable game, even though there's no online content, it's a good game which I recommend you to try out, don't get fooled by the logo/name etc. It's nothing like the movie, it's better.

6/10

ufc-cover.jpg
From the popular fighting tv-show UFC came UFC Undisputed. If your familiar with watching UFC you probably already have a good clue about the fighters, techniques, styles and etc, but I started the game with only experience of one fighter in the UFC - Chuck Lidell, yeah I'm so full of info, but really - UFC Undisputed doesn't have a real storyline, except for the Career mode (We'll get to that later) where you create your own storyline based on choices, training and on.
ufc-2009-undisputed.jpg
The graphics are awesome, the punches kicks and grapples animations couldn't be better - it really feels like an UFC match (but even more entertaining!).
You really get the rush when you actually beat someone, since the diffculty is quite hard in the beginning, even though there's a difficulty setting. Don't take me wrong, I like a challenge, and when you learn the moves, the difficulty is not a problem.
ufc-undisputed-2009-06.jpg
UFC Undisputed has a great setup of controls, involving all the buttons on your 360 controller - every move comes with a guide, you can learn all the basic moves in the tutorial section, but for the more advanced, you either have to learn them by yourself using the menu guide or through the Career Mode by retired professionals.
On to the Career Mode, first off you need to create a fighter, either by yourself or using a pre-made template - you get to pick his nationality, height, weight, accessories, fighting style, attributes and so on. You start off in a UFC recruitment match which is the most basic match you'll face in the whole game, and then your on to the Career menu, you start off by choosing an opponent that you'll face in some weeks, you have some alternatives to do while you wait for the match - you can train your abilities such as strength - speed and cardio - cardio represents the stamina, how much hits you can take before you fall. Then you can go in the Spar mode, where you test off your skills against a CPU opponent, the better you do, the more points you get that you can spend in specilized fighting styles.
So all I have to say is that UFC is the best fighting game I've played and I deeply recommend you to try it if your a fan of fighting games.

7/10

nox.jpg
I have some gaming memories from my childhood, one of them is Nox by the epic Westwood Studios (<3). The game is so epic I there's not words of how epic it is, it was released in 2000 and was immedietly a huge success because of the amazing gameplay, graphics and story for it's time, and I still find the gameplay and story to be astonishing.
Well the story is first told about a "staff of Oblivion" which was held by a legendary warrior named Jandor, Jandor defeated the Necromancer terrorizing the Land of Nox, trapping their souls into a orb which the Arch-wizard Horvarth transported to another dimension, which is the modern-day world.
Horvarth also disembled the staff of Oblivion into three pieces and gave each piece to the three major factions, the fire knights of Dün Mir, the wizard of the castle Galava and conjurers of the Temple of Ix.
Ages from then the Queen of necromancers Hecubah summons back the orb from the modern-day world including it's owner Jack who belives the orb is some kind of furniture, while arriving to the Land of Nox he meets up with Jandor alias the Airship Captain who will be your mentor in defeating Hecubah.
nox_790screen003.jpg
In the startup screen you can choose from three classes, each class having their own storyline, which makes it one of the longest RPG games ever made, I love it.
The three classes are dealed up as:
Warrior: Basicly it's the grand-daddy of meele, if your into man-to-man combat, you should consider passing the great test of Dün Mir.
Conjurer: A sort of hybrid summoner, if you like mixing meele with magic using a friendly creature, then I welcome you to Ix.
Wizard: Magic user at it's finest, if you feel the mana in your veins, a teleport to Galava awaits you.
I don't really have a personal favorite since all the storylines are amazing, makes me drool (literally).
The gameplay reminds you of Diablo, you know, the cult classic RPG, I don't think I need to introduce you to that game, but basicly yes it's a close call to Diablo, but way better - you have a huge variaty of spells, weapons and armor, and a huge beastary.
nox_790screen001.jpg
There's also a multiplayer mode, but I haven't got to try it out really since it's such an old game, I've managed to find perhaps one or two fellas' to play with, the game is free nowdays since it's so old - which I don't understand since I would pay money to play it, well the game is epic and the story is a must to experience - I recommend you to download it.

9/10

Download Nox: Click here.
Download Music for the game: Click here.
Download all the Cutscenes for the game: Click here.
Download all the Dialogs for the game: Click here.
All files are imported to the game by extracting the files to your Nox folder.

504x_borderlands_box_art.jpg

In the late October '09, Gearbox Software released a game called 'Borderlands', the developers were just thrilled of the release and was ready to kick off, and kick ass...

I'm back with a new review of the game 'Borderlands' which has been one of most suprising success in the game business 2009.
The story kicks off with you listening to a crazy busdriver telling you about 'The Vault' (which however reminds me of the story behind Fallout 3) and he tells you that The Vault was opened 200 years ago and your mission is to find it. That's pretty much the main story, there are tons of other storylines followed in the quests you encounter, and are up to yourself to explore.

There are four classes to choose from; Siren, Hunter, Berserker and the Soldier. Each of the classes has their diffrent specials, you can find more information about the classes here.

borderlands60506200710171333201big_2.jpg

The graphics are kind of 'cartoonish' which look quite well, (kinda reminds me of the old game XIII for the Xbox (image), the enviroment is well rendered, but it can sometimes get too repetetive, I would rather wanted a more diffrent type of enviroment sometime, and also, I didn't get the feeling of an open world RPG, more like a level swapping like in a Super Mario game.
But well, enough with the graphics, the thing that makes the game so amazing as it is, is the gameplay, and oh.. the LEVEL system! I always wanted a FPS with a level system, but the fun doesn't stop there, a developer from Gearbox Software announced that there are almost over a million weapons in the game, they focused a lot of their time on coding a system that made new weapons in game automaticly, mixed every type of weapon part into the ultimate sniper rocket launcher, maybe? But there's also a talent system, you could decide if you want to make your firearms stronger or perhaps have a better regenerate rate, or maybe be able to heal your fellow team members.

borderlands_09.jpg
I also have to point out that the damage system of Borderlands is great, not too exacerbated (exacerbation = overdone) like some RPGs can get, you really know when you've done a great deal with your firearm when you see the numbers float over the enemies head after a perfect headshot, now when you've evolved your character in to a living killing machine, you probaly want to show it to your friends online, and there is an online mode which I was pretty excited about, the developers described the online mode as a quite of 'World of Warcraft alike party system, but I can't say it's any good at all :)().
You really have to stick together in the online mode and you have almost no freedom at all, if you allow me to do a comparation; playing online mode is like going from eating a delicious cake, to locking the delicious cake away from you, but you could see it, but not touch it. They were close on making the online mode good, but obviously the time ran out or they felt like they were done, but you can really feel like it's close to good, to the feeling you wanted...

9.2/10

5407316298.gif

Red Dead Redemption, the newest title from Rockstar Games cost over 100 million dollars to make. Was it worth it?

Well let's start out that the story they managed to create is pretty darn magnificent.
We take part of a cowboy named John Marston who's been kicked out of his old gang. Trying to forget his past, he tries to fulfill his old dreams of becoming a farmer with his wife and son, but the government kidnaps them and he is forced to capture his old gangmember Bill Williamson, one of the toughest cowboys in the wild west.

We're not told much about the story at the start of the game, but Rockstars way of in medias res is perfect and you can develop a relation with the character John Marston throughout the game.
red-dead-redemption-preview.jpg

The gameplay of Red Dead Redemption is pretty similiar to Rockstars previous title, GTA IV, though there had to be some modifications. Instead of a brand new porche, we're talking beautiful white stallions (if you didn't know, that's a horse).
Guns and aiming are pretty much the same from GTA, though they added a new mode called the Dead Eye, this allows you to enter slow-motion and target enemies to swiftly wipe them out in one shot.

When we're into guns and aiming, the old classic duel is a pretty big part of the game, it adds depth and class to the old western feeling, I'm not going to go more deep into this "mode", but it's a pretty fun thing to do while you wait for missions or if you want to do some free roaming.
4409349166_5676ff3e58.jpg

Finally there are some flaws in the game. I'm talking of course about the sandbox part of the game.
Let me put up a scenario for you;

Imagine yourself in a huuuuge desert, with about eight towns to visit. Each town is about ten houses big, and if you're lucky you might find one small house lying lonely somewhere in this big country of loneliness. That's right, it's hard to enjoy yourself just from free roaming in the game, I'm not saying it's ultra boring, but I wasn't enjoyed.

There are some chores to do though, like there are a pretty big deal of minigames, and that means there's poker games, duelling, horse riding, hunting etc.

All in all, it's a very good game and I recommend you to try it out since it has some amazing graphics and the gameplay is pretty realistic.

9.8/10

309604_0_org.jpg
First off, I want to point out that this is a review of the second AC game. So I expect you to know the story of the first game, the ending of the first game, and the concept of the game.
If you don't, I strongly recommend you to stop reading.

So basically, the game takes off from where the first one ended, which means your still held captive at Abstergo Industries, and you've gotten some side-effects from the usage of the Animus.
That explains how Desmond (the main character) could use his Eagle Vision outside the Animus to see the weird symbols and scriptures on the wall.
Anyhow, Lucy Stillman a former researcher for Abstergo saves Desmond and takes him to a secret hideout, where she and two other researchers built a duplicate of the Animus named Animus 2.0.
Desmond is invited to help them discover the memories of the ancestor to Altair (the character you play in the first game).
Desmond is now control of Ezio Auditore and leads into a journey to find the other Pieces of Eden.

assassins-creed-2-400x400-300x300.jpg

The gameplay of AC2 has really improved in comparision to it's predecessor, I mean everything just looks so fresh, and by that I don't mean that AC1 wasn't fresh, but the second one, oh giggidy this is some fine stuff indeed.
You really have to love the new cities implented. Venice, Florence, Rome, I mean they look so amazing, they really gave the spirit of Italy a new name.

And there's not just new cities. No, no. There's new items, features, CLOTHES(!), and a money system.
Let's start off with the itenz.
In AC1 there were a limited amount of items (weaponry), but in this one they have added stores that have items and weapons that can be unlocked by advancing further into the game, but also depending on how big 'a sugar daddy you are (how much money you have).
There's a possibility to farm money off poor rich townsfolks walking nearby you and then having their pockets picked by the master thief himself.
Or... you could just slay them and do it the rough way, well you get the point.
As I said, you can buy your weapons and armor, and there's a good selection of weaponry and they really come in handy when your fighting evil guys, it's just a great way to expand a great open-world game into something to do after finishing it.

Now to the features, I've already mentioned the money system which is a superb adjustment to the game, because you'll actually get a few chores that will get you a few pennies in your pocket.
But the health system is revamped, they implented the health system from Far Cry 2, if you've played that game you'll know how it works. I'll explain it.
When you lose health to a certain amount, you can regain some of it by hiding, but if the health loss is too great you'll have to buy a medkit or get healed up by one of the doctors in town.
As a great fan of the AC1 health system I was a little sceptic about this one, but it turned out good.
It makes the game a little more challenging and that's what it's all about.

Now to the clothes! I've always wanted to see my assassin in some great outfits, since that white robe thingy gets old after a while, and now they have listened to our prayers!
There's a lot of diffrent colors to the outfits and they just look amazing, I won't spoil anything, it's just fun to try out new outfits by yourself.

Before I forget, you can swim now! And there's also a possibility to steal gondolas and hide underwater from guards, and another thing, you can now use diffrent weaponry aswell, such as generic swords, cutlasses, maces, axes, spears and daggers which can all be bought at the weaponry vendor.

0.jpg

The combat system is a lot more intelligent than from the first game. You can now disarm, steal their weapon and get an instant killing blow on your enemies.
I love how the developers let you have a history class without you even noticing it, like Leonardo da Vinci providing you with your starting equipment like the hidden dual daggers, the poison blade and a miniature firearm.

So what can I say about this game? It's a great follow-up from the last game and gives us an interesting continue in the story where your last character Altair plays a role as an old assassin legend, which is pretty cool.
I love how they kept having the cities as massive as they were in the first game, and how AWESOME the graphics are, the fresh look and the smell of a new game can't smell better.
It's a great game and I recommend you to buy it if you liked the first one.
Or... if you don't want to try the first one and want to play an open-world classic-themed game with assassins...

Graphics: 9/10
Gameplay: 7/10
Story 7/10
Replay Value: 5/10
Pedrometer: 6/10

(The Pedrometer is how I rank this as my favorite game, 10/10 being one of my favorites, and 1/10 being that I'll probably throw it out any second soon)

Overall (counting Graphics + Story + Gameplay): 7.7/10

Thanks for reading!
- Pedro

fable-21.jpg
With Fable III being released soon, I thought it was a great opportunity to compare Fable I & II and see what can be and hopefully be improved in the third game.

So basically, in both Fable games, we are narrated through a fictional story created by Peter Molyneux, one the most controversial persons in the gaming industry.
Every story takes place in the world of Albion, where the main character has a backstory and a main objective with his/her adventure.

I will focus more on the second games storyline, where you play as an orphan, living with your sister and struggling each day with trying to feed both you and your sister, but one day a travelling merchant appears in the city of Bowerstone and he carries a very special music box, which he claims to be magical.
You and your sister manage to get enough money by doing chores around town to buy the music box, the merchant also tells you that it has the power to grant you one wish.

Rose, your sister, uses the box and wishes that both you and her would one day live in a big castle, the box glows and then vanishes, with nothing happening.
Both of you think it's a fraud and go to bed dissapointed that the gold spent on the box could be used to eat for one whole week.

The next day you are woken up by soldiers, who want to lead you and your sister to the Fairfax Castle because Lord Lucien had asked for you.
Rose can't belive what she's hearing and belives that her wish has come true.
Your led to the castle and are greeted by Lucien, who's been researching history from the Old Kingdom and thinks you two are a part of great history.

He asks you both to step on a circle on the floor, a blue light amits from the edge of the circle and Lucien tells you that you are not any of the three, and one is the fourth (whatever that means), and shoots both you and Rose.
And your story to bring down Lucien begins.

I really enjoy this storyline much more than the first game, where you had the Guild where you could use your experience points to buy upgrades, a very dull story if you ask me.
But this one involves great adventure, heroes and a big tower that contains great power called the Sphere, looks a lot like Sauron's tower from Lord of the Rings.

fable-2-20080220003915773_640w.jpg

From Fable I, the combat engine was friendly for single-targets, and not friendly for multple enemies at all, and I thought the magic system was pretty rusty.

In Fable 2, they looked over these thing and added a friendly system for guns, but in my opinion, they made it a little to easy to just burst down the enemy with ten bullets before the enemy could even blink, the improvement was promising, but not that great.

They also revised the whole magic system and improved it greatly by adding a "spell picker", where you could choose up to five spells to with quick and effective controls.

Then we come to the combat, which I thought felt pretty similar to the first game, where you really just focus on one target, and I've heard this is going to be improved in the third game, and I really hope they hold up to that promise, because that's something Fable lacks with, the combat overall, it's just not that fun going into combat in Fable 2 because of multiple reasons;
one: it's just not that fun.
two: it's very easy to win the fights.

fable-2-20080513085843839_640w.jpg

We also have the emotions system, where you can use diffrent emotions to interact with the people of Albion. In the first game I thought that idea was just pure rubbish.
In the second game I thought... it was just rubbish. Seriously, this system is pure unnecessariness at its finest.
I really think the creators intentions were good, but just thinking that it would be fun to interact that way is just not... good...

In the first game we could use the D-pad to switch between diffrent emotions and go like "hey there neighbor, smell this" *fart*.
Not really saying the first dialog, but the fart was true. In Fable III I really hope they remove and redo this system or just improve it a lot.

But I'm not going to be that critic about the system, they really did try to improve it in Fable 2 by making it more user friendly, but it still ain't fun to go around to virtual NPC's without emotions and get arrested by farting a woman in her face, no, that's not how it's supposed to work.

From one thing to another, in the first game we had armor, clothes etc that gave you diffrent stats, which is always brilliant, it gives you a lot of time to collect diffrent armors to give you diffrent cool effects.

In Fable II they thought, F*CK YOU, let's remove the stats and cool armors and just give you clothes which you can collect to make your character look more stupid than before, I mean removing such a great part of a RPG game is like killing a part of its soul, in Fable III they really have to reimplent the stats on armors...

One last thing before I end my rambling, the graphics of both games are very unique, and I've seen many games take inspiration from it, even World of Warcraft, Fable is a game you love to love, or you love to hate, it differs from peoples taste, and it's an unique game worth picking up.

Graphics: 6/10
Gameplay: 6/10
Story: 9/10
Replay Value: 7/10
Pedrometer: 6/10

Overall: 6/10

Thanks for reading!
- Pedro

Nice reviews, most of the games have I already played, but I can say that they are all awesome.

I remember when I was little my dad had a lot of the resident evil games, so my brother wanted to try it but he wasn't allowed to - one day when my dad wasn't home he tried it & after the first minute we both ran away :D

Anyway none of these games says anything to me, but nice thing you're doing =)

Back