• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ performance

T

Tibia Demon

hey folks,
excuse my ignorance but i want developers with more experience to share what they think about this
will normal players feel the diff between revscriptsys script, tfs 1.3 functions script or tfs 1.3 with old 0.4-0.3 functions script?
will it cause any type of performance problems if i 100% rely on compat instead of going through every script and change functions?
are revscriptsys used only to ditch xml or does it increase performance?
if you wonder how many scripts i am talking about then it is full baiak server with so many scripts 5k+ changing from 0.3.7 and i needed to go with the easiest way by using compat
is there anyway to calculate script execution time?
last question is what about if script is a merge between 1.3 functions and 0.3.7 functions will players feel diff?
will any of above cause lag, freeze or delay?
i am asking here about players ingame, server performance and stability

I believe it won't affect in-game players anyhow, I had the same fears before and Infernum gave me an answer in here.
Keeping the old functions just wraps it into 2 function calls which is a microscopic amount of time, you don't need to worry about performance.
Not sure if this applies to merging different functions (0.3.7 and 1.3) in same script or not, but that huge number of scripts being wrapped into 2 function calls (5k+), You'll have to try changing what you can of them.
About revscripts I believe it was to get raid of XML as reading comments written in here
I am not expert so anyone seeing this feel free to correct me.

Last edited:
it's just bad code
what about lua script size or line count? i have huge scripts {boss dungeons&custom pvp arena&achievements&events} where one script may reach 850 lines with huge tables and like 120kb lua file size and {full 0.3.7 functions} however all work good with 0.3.7 and were purchased of known programmers wherefore it is well coded
You'll have to try changing what you can of them.
changing is time consuming i want to go around it if it is not necessary

did anyone calculate execution time of same script with old and new functions? please post results if you did

can someone confirm if huge scripts will cause any problems? where one script may reach 850 lines with huge tables and like 120kb lua file and {full 0.3.7 functions or merge [old and new functions]} undoubtedly it is well coded

huge code don't cause any problem, bad code does 😁 but we can't tell you anything, you will have to test and benchmark by yourself since we don't have the engine/script that you are using

Back