• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient Ping: ?? - how come?

Mjmackan

Mapper ~ Writer
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
When hosting on my own PC, connecting with my own PC i get issues with ping: ?? my character freezes and i have to relog, sometimes it works, sometimes not, is it a memory issue or whats happening? Check image:

TFS: 1.3
No errors in console.

fe.png

Thanks I'll try it out immediately.

Hi you must activate this function:

of course, you have to do this first:
How come the protocolgame.cpp is way bigger in those sources edits than the original tfs 1.3 sources?
@second link.

Last edited:
So after a lot of hustle, I cannot get this straight and I cannot figure that noone else had this issue with TFS 1.3 & OTCv8.

After compiling with the links above i get a black screen when logging in. (see below) I tried several other sources but nothing seems to work and since I have no clue whats making this issue from the start I have no idea what to look for really.

1613586082713.png

was this fixed? im having same issue with tfs 1.3 im using 8.6 . i know that 8.6 doesn't handle ping but i know there were a fake ping like tibianic's dll one

My solution to this was to download a new fresh repo of tfs 1.3 and look through the links that were posted above.
I'd suggest both you guys to create a new thread if you haven't already and post your sources/TFS version.

I also had to enable g_game.enableFeature(GameClientPing) at features.lua, but it's weird. My ping is extremely high and no idea why. It is also kicking me out from the server. Someone knows what is wrong here? Tried with g_game.enableFeature(GameExtendedClientPing) too and didn't worked.

ping.png

This is my speedtest, the host is located on Chile (my country). There's no reason to have this ping.
1654823698234.png

Last edited:
I also had to enable g_game.enableFeature(GameClientPing) at features.lua, but it's weird. My ping is extremely high and no idea why. It is also kicking me out from the server. Someone knows what is wrong here? Tried with g_game.enableFeature(GameExtendedClientPing) too and didn't worked.

View attachment 68440

This is my speedtest, the host is located on Chile (my country). There's no reason to have this ping.
View attachment 68441
solución, cambiarse de VTR xDD

Back