• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Pixel Realm | Platform for the artists of the OT community

Is PixelRealm an idea worth of supporting?

• Yes

Votes: 57 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Really amazing to see such nice sprites together.

Tutorial section would be great, especially on how to put the sprites into the game would be great. Incl. client & server..
I've never done that so i have no idea how to do that :p

Thumbs up.
YES!

Huuuuge news update guys!

Pixel realm has gone through quite a transformation last night, with a lot of new stuff being added and changed. To kick things off, the website is now available at the following domain:

pixelrealm.org

This has been a goal of mine since day one, so I can start promoting the website elsewhere and gathering more artists to contribute and visit. Now, a few of you have requested a Tutorial section, and the pixel realm delivers. Behold:

ritotFq.png

I will add more tutorials when I have a bit more free time, probably even write/record a few of my own. And if you have any requests for the tutorials, please let me know and I'll try to find something online that will help you out.

There are some more very useful tools to be found in the Downloads section now:
SumoPaint and Color Ramp Creator.
I'll let you sniff around and find out what those are about.

The Gallery has been updated with some of the most recent art posted by PixelRealm's approved artists, so make sure to check that out too. And finally, come join the Tavern, a revamped chatbox that pops out so you can have it open regardless of the website.

AkgD80j.png

Enjoy, and see you later with another update, whenever that might be (hopefully soon).

P.S: If you can contribute to PixelRealm in any possible way, please do, as I'm looking to grow this project further. You can find more information on how you can contribute on the website itself.​

I was recently browsing the site, but my biggest qualm is how big everything is in the 'artists', 'gallery', and 'downloads' sections.
It might be just me, but everything was so big, I had a hard time focusing on anything in particular.
Also a slight 'bug report', I'm not sure if it's the pictures were too small, and were auto stretched to fit, but most of pictures were out of the border.
I suggest making it like other websites/programs, where if the picture is too large, you select an area to use, and it auto-fits that picture into the window provided.
If the picture is too small, use a dark grey textured backdrop, and center the image.

Or find another solution, I'm not especially qualified to make these decisions/objectifications, I just know it 'feels wrong' at the moment. :p

I really like the project so far, and even though I probably will never use it, I sent a donation your way. :D
Is there an alternate way to display the donate button, to travel to the user's countries paypal? I live in Canada, and it was a little strange trying to login. :oops:

I was recently browsing the site, but my biggest qualm is how big everything is in the 'artists', 'gallery', and 'downloads' sections.
It might be just me, but everything was so big, I had a hard time focusing on anything in particular.
Also a slight 'bug report', I'm not sure if it's the pictures were too small, and were auto stretched to fit, but most of pictures were out of the border.
I suggest making it like other websites/programs, where if the picture is too large, you select an area to use, and it auto-fits that picture into the window provided.
If the picture is too small, use a dark grey textured backdrop, and center the image.

Or find another solution, I'm not especially qualified to make these decisions/objectifications, I just know it 'feels wrong' at the moment. :p

I really like the project so far, and even though I probably will never use it, I sent a donation your way. :D
Is there an alternate way to display the donate button, to travel to the user's countries paypal? I live in Canada, and it was a little strange trying to login. :oops:

First of all, thank you for the support, and I'm glad you like it.
I could resize the items in these sections if it's really that obstructive, but I'd like to hear more feedback on that from other users as well, just to confirm if this is something that should be dealt with, because it might just be your preference that things are smaller. I like the way it's currently displayed, but if the community wants it changed, no problem. So, *shouts to everyone*... feedback please.

On the other hand, could you show me a screenshot of what you're talking about when mentioning the stretched images? To me, everything looks fine. It might be that it is displayed differently across different browsers or something.

Thank you for the feedback.

Thanks!

First of all, thank you for the support, and I'm glad you like it.
I could resize the items in these sections if it's really that obstructive, but I'd like to hear more feedback on that from other users as well, just to confirm if this is something that should be dealt with, because it might just be your preference that things are smaller. I like the way it's currently displayed, but if the community wants it changed, no problem. So, *shouts to everyone*... feedback please.

On the other hand, could you show me a screenshot of what you're talking about when mentioning the stretched images? To me, everything looks fine. It might be that it is displayed differently across different browsers or something.

Thank you for the feedback.

Thanks!
I'll send you a pm with screenshots.

I don't want to sound like pessimist or something, but it's gonna be pointless if You'll focus solely on OT-related stuff.
I don't know what about You but I'm around OT/Tibia since 2006 and I clearly see that Tibia's community became like communities of other games. Most people now only play the game and don't even bother to create thier own content based around the game(ofc. I'm not speaking about stupid galleries of level's advancing etc.). Community maybe didn't dumbed down very much since few years ago but popularity of Tibia kinda collapsed. Most talented people grew out of Tibia and very few new talented people appear here.
On the other hand, creating more "wide" graphical portal will make You compete with titans like DeviantArt...

Tough break...

I don't want to sound like pessimist or something, but it's gonna be pointless if You'll focus solely on OT-related stuff.
I don't know what about You but I'm around OT/Tibia since 2006 and I clearly see that Tibia's community became like communities of other games. Most people now only play the game and don't even bother to create thier own content based around the game(ofc. I'm not speaking about stupid galleries of level's advancing etc.). Community maybe didn't dumbed down very much since few years ago but popularity of Tibia kinda collapsed. Most talented people grew out of Tibia and very few new talented people appear here.
On the other hand, creating more "wide" graphical portal will make You compete with titans like DeviantArt...

Tough break...
A time ago, there was a page called wolves on prey, where tons of spriters uploaded a lot of really nice sprites, and all of them free to use. A pity it got lost

A time ago, there was a page called wolves on prey, where tons of spriters uploaded a lot of really nice sprites, and all of them free to use. A pity it got lost

I agree. I'd like to think that PixelRealm could once become something similar.

Tough break...

Yeah I know, you are right. This is why I removed a lot of OT references lately, the only thing left in there are OT Tools in the download section, which I believe will do no harm if they stay. It may as well be a portal for all pixel artists and game artists. I'm not looking to compete with deviantArt, pixeljoint or such websites. I'm just looking to create a platform where any developer can visit and find useful resources, either for free, or by hiring a promoted artist.

I Browsed this a little and is amazing! Great work you did on merging a lot of usefull things for both of sides, spriter and customer :p

If you want some suggestion, i think a slide box with featured sprites "free" on the home screen will be very good, also a "Article" ( not tutorials ) tab
with some articles made by experienced spriters or experienced customers ( like a OT owner ) who want share a little of their experience.

Updated the free sprite archive with some new sprites, and updated the Tools section with some new very useful tools for pixel-art!

Enjoy. More updates soon to come now that I have a laptop to work from :D

Hey everyone!

PixelRealm has been updated with a bunch of new, GREAT and useful tools for artists, some new free sprites, and some changes to the main website.
But the biggest change I want to talk about today is the project: Build The Realm.

We want everyone to have fun and contribute to the website by creating an element that will be featured on the website as a part of its interface.
We want to turn PixelRealm into a website that's made out of sprites and has a nice retro appeal to the artists browsing it.

Read up more on our website, click here.​

E0A9bPh.png

Back