• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Pixel Realm | Platform for the artists of the OT community

Is PixelRealm an idea worth of supporting?

• Yes

Votes: 57 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shadowsong

Game Developer & Graphic Designer
Solutions
Reaction score
YouTube
ShivaShadowsong
I wasn't sure what the best place to post this would be, but I suppose it best fits into the Small-Art section because it's entirely related to that.

So, welcome... to the

OycFPo2.png

About

Pixel Realm is a freshly put-together website that will put artists from the OT community into spotlight, allow them to show off their work, discuss it, create a portfolio to display their skills and even allow people to hire them for work.

Pixel Realm's primary goal is to promote, improve and value all artists in the community!
As well as give them a place to hang out, obtain resources, write and read reviews about business experiences with other OT community members, and more...

It was built using the wix.com website creator.

I intend to keep working on it and updating the website with everything related to the world of OT artists.
New features and sub-pages will be added according to feedback and expansion plans.
If all goes well, I'll also buy an official domain for it and we can keep building this project together.

Features
Artist Profiles & Portfolios
A page that features the profiles of approved artists from the community. You can browse artists here, view their information and portfolio, get contact details to hire them to do work for you & more.

Any artist can make his way to the page, as long as they submit their information and meet several requirements!

lSanLAk.png

Gallery
The gallery is a section of the website where you are able to view the best work of all our approved artists. Feast your eyes on delightful work, and I'll make sure the page is updated and artists keep posting new work!
hCkEXfv.png

Download Resources

There is useful stuff here for everyone! To help the community, I've gathered all the essential programs for OT development here, so you always have a place to download these resources whenever you need them. On top of it all, more useful software will be posted.

And if you are looking for some free sprites to expand your server, or templates/outlines to practice spriting with, I'll make sure to post a bunch of those too in the Graphics section (as seen below).

GQGQRUy.png

More features can be seen on the website...

So, without further ado, check out the Pixel Realm and let me know what you think.
If you want to submit any of your work or see it featured on some section of the website, you can tell me here or contact me via PM/Skype and we'll sort it out.

Access the website at:
pixelrealm.org

I hope we can form a growing community there, as I will invite even more artists and promote the website as it expands, and I hope every developer finds something useful for their server as they explore the site.

See you in the realm!

Last edited:
All that website needs it a tool to edit 10.56+ and we have a win!

The site is just amazing and it can only be better! I'm sure that a lot of people were looking for something like that. You can check the artists and their works, find some free to use sprites, read about trustworthy people and liars or just talk with each other to ask about help or to order something. Good job @Shadowsong !

Thank you guys!

Please, don't forget to file me the details for your profiles so I can update them. It would be lame if I had to leave them with no information :(

Website has been updated.

Changes:
  • Compatibility and graphics for mobile version of the website
  • 14 new free for use sprites added to the Downloads page.
  • Changed border type and transparency in the Downloads page.
Enjoy!

Some changes to the website:

• Added new featured art in the GALLERY section with @Galiant 's newest work.
  • Updated the profile page for Saphron, so check him out.
I'd also like to request @Galiant , @Thorn , @Yellowhat and @Anevis to send me their full information that's necessary for their PixelRealm profil so I can update it. You can send it via the contact form on the website, just go to Artists > How can I get on the list > and you'll find all the instructions here.

Hi everyone!
During these few days of it being online, PixelRealm has already done some wonderful things and gathered the attention of many people.

We want to thank you all for checking it out and we hope you find this platform useful in one way or another.

Today, we ask anyone who is interested in supporting this project to donate to it, in order to help us grow.

We need to raise $115 to buy a domain (pixelrealm.org) and to buy a work-plan on wix.com that will last us an entire year. All donators will receive a honorable mention, a medal, and if we reach this goal, I'm personally going to upload some of my own work as free for use, including a full sprite sheet for 1 creature.

Funds raised: $40
Funds needed: $115

Thanks in advance for your generosity.
Let's bring PixelRealm a step further!

Donate Here

e40d08_ccec542ccd5a404fa74b117ce6516618.gif

Check them out and get yourself some nice sprites (if you need them) from our artists!

Last edited:
Today's updates:

• Received $10 in donations and updated the Honorable Mentions / News page about it.
  • Some artists submitted their info so I added it to the Artists page.
  • Fixed some broken 'Read More' links in the Artist page.
  • [New] Galiant's golden set is free for use in our download section.

We will attach more free sprites daily (hopefully), so stay tuned.

Do you have any suggestions about the website's features?

I was thinking about making a page where we would review and promote custom OTs, but that might be a bit unrelated to artists. I know a lot of people are in search for custom OTs, so I feel like having a page where we review and list them all would help a lot, but yeah... what do you guys think about that?

Huge update!

Made a lot of this yesterday, but I had problems with my PC so I wasn't able to update the site :(
Anyway, here's what's going on:
  • Received $15 more in donations. 40 out of 115 dollars for the website upgrade collected.
  • Updated profile page for @XKuzirashi , check him out!
  • Changed the layout of the contact forms to look more fitting to the website's style.
  • Adobe Illustrator fully working torrent available via the Download section now.
  • And last but not least, reworked the free-to-use sprites gallery into a visual archive that is much easier to navigate and download sprites from.
lRcIDQg.png

Enjoy!

You could use a tutorial section :)
I might join the thing later.

Sorry for the lack of updates! I've been having some PC issues that I hope to see resolved as soon as Tuesday. You can expect new sprites and content as soon as I'm able to do post it up.

I hope the website has been useful so far!

Really amazing to see such nice sprites together.

Tutorial section would be great, especially on how to put the sprites into the game would be great. Incl. client & server..
I've never done that so i have no idea how to do that :p

Thumbs up.

Back