• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua player gains experience bonus when using an item TFS 1.3

Guerra

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I am again asking for your help. I would like to make a simple system of when the player used a certain item he would gain an experience bonus for a certain time. Below is an example of how I would like it to look.

when using the Giant Emerald the player gains 15% bonus experience for 1 hour. emerald.PNG

when using the Giant Sapphire the player gains 25% bonus experience for 1 hour. sapphire.PNG

when using the Giant Ruby the player gains 35% bonus experience for 1 hour. ruby.PNG

I hope it was very easy to understand what I'm asking for !! I hope everyone's help. I thank you all!!!

Solution

Check this. You should do some modifications to it.
What do you mean by use? Do you mean right click it and the item disappears and applies the effects? Or do you mean, like a ring, the player wears it and gains the bonus for some duration?

What do you mean by use? Do you mean right click it and the item disappears and applies the effects? Or do you mean, like a ring, the player wears it and gains the bonus for some duration?
that!! when clicking with the right button the item disappears and the effects are applied to the player for the determined time.

Solution
You might want to look into this thread:
In that thread, they show how you can increase a person's skill rate using a storage value.

Now, how do we make it so USING an item applies a storage value to the player? I found these thread:

Okay, now I think that you want to time the amount of time the player has the storage... So I found this thread:

Try these different ideas out !
Post automatically merged:

actually, try this first, looks more promising

You might want to look into this thread:
In that thread, they show how you can increase a person's skill rate using a storage value.

Now, how do we make it so USING an item applies a storage value to the player? I found these thread:

Okay, now I think that you want to time the amount of time the player has the storage... So I found this thread:

Try these different ideas out !
Post automatically merged:

actually, try this first, looks more promising
I am totally layman in scripts so I asked for help, I would like a simple action that when using the item the player would gain 15% experience for 1 hour.

it worked 100%, thanks for all. :D!! we only need to test whether after the time is up the experience returns to normal or not.

That's great man :) I would suggest to put the timer to some small amount, maybe "20 seconds", and then see if during those 20 seconds you have more exp, then check after 20 seconds if the exp went back down. :)

That's great man :) I would suggest to put the timer to some small amount, maybe "20 seconds", and then see if during those 20 seconds you have more exp, then check after 20 seconds if the exp went back down. :)
it worked right here buddy !! at the end of time the experience returned to normal yes. Thank you for the support!

Back