• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Player speed old tibia

jackl90

Reaction score
Anyone know what is the speed formula of tibia 7.4? Is the same of 7.7 or not?
And what source file of TFS 1.2 i found the formula of player speed?

You can find the speed formula of player in player.h, getStepSpeed() function.
and
otland/forgottenserver
I dont know about the formula on old protocols tho.

Last edited:
I found this...
Old protocols Base speed is 220 (level 1), each level you gain 2 speed

How can i edit this code then? My current code is
C++:
void updateBaseSpeed() {
            if (!hasFlag(PlayerFlag_SetMaxSpeed)) {
                baseSpeed = vocation->getBaseSpeed() + (2 * (level - 1));
            } else {
                baseSpeed = PLAYER_MAX_SPEED;
            }
        }

It is not true. Player level 8 on Cipsoft Realots walks slower than player level 8 in TFS. Tibiantis has it correct.
I'd minus 20 in
void ProtocolGame::sendChangeSpeed:
msg.add<uint16_t>(creature->getBaseSpeed()-20);

have someone achieved this?
It is not true. Player level 8 on Cipsoft Realots walks slower than player level 8 in TFS. Tibiantis has it correct.
I'd minus 20 in
void ProtocolGame::sendChangeSpeed:
@Felipe93
Achieved RL tibia speed or what?

glapa93 just said his OTS (Tibiantis?) is lagging (high CPU usage [above 50% CPU], not expected by OTS engine) and uses:
Code:
in ProtocolGame::sendChangeSpeed to correct client animation. It does not change real speed of player on OTS. It just changes 'speed' send to Tibia client.
Which is pretty bad, as it 'fixes' ping of client, not real animation problem - ex. check OTCv8 sources and OTCv8 'new walking', which fixes real animation problem, but requires OTS changes.
Players with same ping as his (owner/tester) will have it 'fixed', others - lower/higher ping - will lag more/less after that 'fix'.

OTS engine is not like RL Tibia engine. These engines are totally different.
OTS is 'event driven' protocol [better/faster, but not compatible with official tibia client, OTCv8 'new walking' fixes it].
RL Tibia is 50 ticks/second driven engine [like CS:GO servers with 64 or 128 'tickrate']. They are way different.

@Felipe93
Achieved RL tibia speed or what?

glapa93 just said his OTS (Tibiantis?) is lagging (high CPU usage [above 50% CPU], not expected by OTS engine) and uses:
Code:
in ProtocolGame::sendChangeSpeed to correct client animation. It does not change real speed of player on OTS. It just changes 'speed' send to Tibia client.
Which is pretty bad, as it 'fixes' ping of client, not real animation problem - ex. check OTCv8 sources and OTCv8 'new walking', which fixes real animation problem, but requires OTS changes.
Players with same ping as his (owner/tester) will have it 'fixed', others - lower/higher ping - will lag more/less after that 'fix'.

OTS engine is not like RL Tibia engine. These engines are totally different.
OTS is 'event driven' protocol [better/faster, but not compatible with official tibia client, OTCv8 'new walking' fixes it].
RL Tibia is 50 ticks/second driven engine [like CS:GO servers with 64 or 128 'tickrate']. They are way different.
Are there any servers besides Cip and reverse engineered Cip that are also like this?

Back