• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Players are getting kicked when walking, or logging in with OTClient

ralke

(҂ ͠❛ ෴ ͡❛)ᕤ
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
ralke23
Twitch
ralke23
Hi, I got stressed by this thing, I dont know why but players are constantly getting kicked from my server, also, if they try to get in with kondra's otclient the client got crashed. But the thing is, there is no errors in console! I'm using TFS 1.3 downgraded by Nekiro. Here is all the information reported by players (check images)... Some of the players said crashing is when attacking.. but as I said i'm totally lost with this, I also added this to see if console debug something but nothing happens...
Lua:
local start = os.time()
local linecount = 0
debug.sethook(function(event, line)
    linecount = linecount + 1
    if os.time() - start >= 1 then
        if linecount >= 30000 then
            print(string.format("possible infinite loop in file %s near line %s", debug.getinfo(2).source, line))
            debug.sethook()
        end
        linecount = 0
        start = os.time()
    end
end, "l")

I also tried, changing the max_packets to 120 and changing Uniform server max_packet_value to 64M

Please help me!! @Lessaire @M0ustafa @Nekiro

Attachments

• JPEG_20200505_061239.jpg
    JPEG_20200505_061239.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 27 · VirusTotal
  • JPEG_20200505_083121.jpg
    JPEG_20200505_083121.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 28 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
Since you asked me on PM for a compiled version, I uploaded the one I use on my Test server you can try it.

Attachments

Solution
maybe this is becouse some custom item ids that doesnt exist in your players client, i remember when i didnt know how make a antibot system, i usually made custom ids in temple so they had to use my own client or they crashed ;D

Now I have more information, I guess... Had a talk with Lessaire he helped me but didnt found the issue, but, he told me to use edubart otclient. I downloaded it and now I get kicked out from the server.. Found this on terminal (check spoiler):
errors otc.png
and this too
Code:
ERROR: lua function callback failed: LUA ERROR:
/client_options/options.lua:231: attempt to call method 'setDrawManaBar' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'setDrawManaBar'
    /client_options/options.lua:231: in function 'setOption'
    /client_options/options.lua:135: in function 'setup'
    /client_options/options.lua:118: in function </client_options/options.lua:118>

Code:
ERROR: Unable to send extended opcode 1, extended opcodes are not enabled

Is this a clue, somehow? Please help me I'm trying to give much information as possible, don't know if is helpfull, thanks in advance!

Last edited:
thanks @Ezzz !!! Now i'm getting closer. Now I see that my ping is raising to 4400-4800 then I got kicked, what is the next step to see why i'm having the ping this high? I dont know if this is comming from the VPS, if is from the server, or a external thing, because client is not decreasing the performance (even if I'm having ping this high).
unknown.png
Post automatically merged:
I found this on the forum.. TFS 1.X+ - Problem with maxpacketspersecond (https://otland.net/threads/problem-with-maxpacketspersecond.257458/page-2#post-2494365), is there any chance to test -that someone could compile- this source edition to see if Works?
Networkmessage.h:
change:
Code:
enum { MAX_BODY_LENGTH = NETWORKMESSAGE_MAXSIZE - HEADER_LENGTH - CHECKSUM_LENGTH - XTEA_MULTIPLE };
to:
Code:
enum { MAX_BODY_LENGTH = NETWORKMESSAGE_MAXSIZE - XTEA_MULTIPLE };

change:
Code:
enum { MAX_PROTOCOL_BODY_LENGTH = MAX_BODY_LENGTH - 10 };
to:
Code:
enum { MAX_PROTOCOL_BODY_LENGTH = MAX_BODY_LENGTH - 16 };
Networkmessage.cpp:
In function:
Code:
void NetworkMessage::addPaddingBytes(size_t n)
change:
Code:
if (!canAdd(n))
to:
Code:
if ((n + position) >= NETWORKMESSAGE_MAXSIZE)
I've also set the allowed max_packets to 750 but didnt work either… Thanks in advance

Attachments

Last edited:
Back