• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Players pos goes 0 when they die

kokokoko

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
When a player in my server dies, his x, y and z positions goes '0'. Does anyone know how or why this happens?

I've tried fixing it by doing this:

Code:
function onDeath(cid, corpse, lastHitKiller, mostDamageKiller)

if isPlayer(cid) then
db.executeQuery("UPDATE `players` SET `posx` = 1000 WHERE `id` = ".. getPlayerGUID(cid) ..";")
db.executeQuery("UPDATE `players` SET `posy` = 999 WHERE `id` = ".. getPlayerGUID(cid) ..";")
db.executeQuery("UPDATE `players` SET `posz` = 7 WHERE `id` = ".. getPlayerGUID(cid) ..";")
			end
	return TRUE
end

But it doesn't do anything, neither does it give me any errors.

I'm using theend_08 [TFS 0.3.6]

Thanks in advance!

Oh, lol. I forgot to mention that the town of the player gets set to 5 when they die. Is the only solution to create 5 identical towns? :(

This could be either a bug with geisors or incorrect settings. What revision of geisors are you using? Try configuring your towns in the config at \config\config.php

Loooooool its not bug!

well its not bug just go to config\config.php and find this

Code:
// CHARACTER config, format: ID_of_vocation => 'Name of Character to copy', load vocation name from $vocation_name[0] (below)
$config['site']['newchar_vocations'][0] = array(1 => 'Sorcerer Sample', 2 => 'Druid Sample', 3 => 'Paladin Sample', 4 => 'Knight Sample');
$config['site']['newchar_vocations'][1] = array(1 => 'Sorcerer Sample', 2 => 'Druid Sample', 3 => 'Paladin Sample', 4 => 'Knight Sample');
// sample, if rook only:             $config['site']['newchar_vocations'][0] = array(0 => 'Rook Sample');
$config['site']['newchar_towns'][0] = array(1);
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]$config['site']['newchar_towns'][5] = array(1);[/COLOR]
// sample, if all players should spawn in one city (city with ID 4):          
$config['site']['newchar_towns'] = array(1);

change the town id in the green text

you need to change this
$config['site']['newchar_towns'][5] = array(1);
:p

well its not bug just go to config\config.php and find this

Code:
// CHARACTER config, format: ID_of_vocation => 'Name of Character to copy', load vocation name from $vocation_name[0] (below)
$config['site']['newchar_vocations'][0] = array(1 => 'Sorcerer Sample', 2 => 'Druid Sample', 3 => 'Paladin Sample', 4 => 'Knight Sample');
$config['site']['newchar_vocations'][1] = array(1 => 'Sorcerer Sample', 2 => 'Druid Sample', 3 => 'Paladin Sample', 4 => 'Knight Sample');
// sample, if rook only:             $config['site']['newchar_vocations'][0] = array(0 => 'Rook Sample');
$config['site']['newchar_towns'][0] = array(1);
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]$config['site']['newchar_towns'][5] = array(1);[/COLOR]
// sample, if all players should spawn in one city (city with ID 4):          
$config['site']['newchar_towns'] = array(1);

change the town id in the green text

you need to change this
$config['site']['newchar_towns'][5] = array(1);
:p

geisor used to have a bug which always set townid to 5 regardless of the config, depending on his revision there is different changes.

Back