• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Playing Oldera 7.7? Don't, you're helping oldschool die.

There's always two sides to the coin. Mostly the Old school has died because well.. Old schoolers have actually gotten jobs, families.. Forgotten about the game.
get heavy traffic and donations that in turn provide him with the funds to buy bots that bombard every other competing Old-school server with DDoS attacks. This makes it nearly impossible and highly stressful for any decent OT creator to release his content and provide the Old-school community with the experience that some of you may love and enjoy.

Now that.. There's too many flaws on that hypothesis. Why would someone use all funds to buy bots / zombies just to DDOS other OT servers and close his own server afterwards. That's no decent business plan in anyway. However if someone actually has the logs of the DDOS attacks, please share them with the otland community, or the feds as someone stated previously.

There's always two sides to the coin. Mostly the Old school has died because well.. Old schoolers have actually gotten jobs, families.. Forgotten about the game.

Now that.. There's too many flaws on that hypothesis. Why would someone use all funds to buy bots / zombies just to DDOS other OT servers and close his own server afterwards. That's no decent business plan in anyway. However if someone actually has the logs of the DDOS attacks, please share them with the otland community, or the feds as someone stated previously.

Yeah it's a pretty straight forward business plan, he's admitted to it and has done it for years.

1. DDoS attack high traffic competing servers until the communities dead.

2. Open his server so everyone has to play the only server available.

3. Close or reset the server shortly after the community starts to die off when OP "under the counter" donations start having repercussions and everyone realizes whats going on.

He's already reset the OT since this post, it's a shame people are so blind.

everyone saying "get logs of the DDOS" make me shake my head in shame at the ignorance here. for one ddos IS distributed, which means there is a large number of points of attack. for two, if you are going to do an attack you are not going to use anything that is linked to you (even if you wanted to it would be hard as hell for the average person to pull off something on their own). for three anyone who has the same ips hitting several targets is either on the shittiest/smallest service he could find or is using a free booter that is specifically located as far away from the person as possible.

then the issue of money. obviously no one here has really checked out hacking forums and seen just how stupidly cheap these services are. the one that hit my previous server i traced back to a service that cost 30$ a week via bitcoin and even when they divided up their attack on four locations they just did an application attack and knocked me offline whenever they wanted. i have seen cheaper/more expensive, depending on what you're after, but the majority of OT owners aren't able to handle even minimal attacks (and quite often hosters will just shutdown your service if it happens). think of the attackers as a sneeze and your hoster as madagascar.

what i'm trying to say, besides the rambling, is that if someone is attacking your server you have little to NO chance of ever finding out who it really is unless they are an absolute dumbass and use a service that is monitored. good luck proving or disproving someone is actually attacking or not attacking other servers (although from a business/non-ethical stance it isn't too bad of an idea -- having a monopoly can be quite profitable) :)

everyone saying "get logs of the DDOS" make me shake my head in shame at the ignorance here. for one ddos IS distributed, which means there is a large number of points of attack. for two, if you are going to do an attack you are not going to use anything that is linked to you (even if you wanted to it would be hard as hell for the average person to pull off something on their own). for three anyone who has the same ips hitting several targets is either on the shittiest/smallest service he could find or is using a free booter that is specifically located as far away from the person as possible.

then the issue of money. obviously no one here has really checked out hacking forums and seen just how stupidly cheap these services are. the one that hit my previous server i traced back to a service that cost 30$ a week via bitcoin and even when they divided up their attack on four locations they just did an application attack and knocked me offline whenever they wanted. i have seen cheaper/more expensive, depending on what you're after, but the majority of OT owners aren't able to handle even minimal attacks (and quite often hosters will just shutdown your service if it happens). think of the attackers as a sneeze and your hoster as madagascar.

what i'm trying to say, besides the rambling, is that if someone is attacking your server you have little to NO chance of ever finding out who it really is unless they are an absolute dumbass and use a service that is monitored. good luck proving or disproving someone is actually attacking or not attacking other servers (although from a business/non-ethical stance it isn't too bad of an idea -- having a monopoly can be quite profitable) :)

Thank you for pointing that out also.

Ryan has already admitted to his past in a thread and he's been exposed on Sammy's blog so I no longer feel the need to provide any further proof when its all laid out, especially when I already posted photographic evidence that his server and community couldn't mean less to him. So why would his DDoSing other servers morals all the sudden change as well? Especially when he has the benefit of hiding behind his computer and masking his IP and actions through 3rd party services that do it for him?

The way I see it is once you're exposed and the truth comes out online, you're no longer to be trusted.

Thank you for pointing that out also.

Ryan has already admitted to his past in a thread and he's been exposed on Sammy's blog so I no longer feel the need to provide any further proof when its all laid out, especially when I already posted photographic evidence that his server and community couldn't mean less to him. So why would his DDoSing other servers morals all the sudden change as well? Especially when he has the benefit of hiding behind his computer and masking his IP and actions through 3rd party services that do it for him?

The way I see it is once you're exposed and the truth comes out online, you're no longer to be trusted.
why would he have to mask his IP? DDoS is pretty much untrackable for average blokes like us as it is

in the grand scheme of things this entire thread has probably helped him gain more players. you're giving more credit to this 'community' than it deserves, as 90% of players are really indifferent to the community itself and play for pure fun

why would he have to mask his IP? DDoS is pretty much untrackable for average blokes like us as it is

in the grand scheme of things this entire thread has probably helped him gain more players. you're giving more credit to this 'community' than it deserves, as 90% of players are really indifferent to the community itself and play for pure fun

His IP remains hidden or masked because he's using a 3rd party to do it is what I'm saying.

Eh that's an opinion not a fact, I don't see how this would help his population at all. I've gotten about a dozen or so people that told me one on one that they quit his server before the original reset because they don't want to support him. I'm not giving his community any "credit" I'm showing why players should be ashamed for playing his garbage OT's.

Tibia is fun in general, that's why we play it. I'm just shining a light on this issue so that we can continue to play it and have fun on other peoples OT content.

His IP remains hidden or masked because he's using a 3rd party to do it is what I'm saying.
there's no difference if he was using someone elses servers or his own botnet, DDoS is always practically untraceable (unless like the dude said and you use monitored servers). you should google it to find out how it actually works.

you're basically advertising his OT, this thread has gotten 700~ views, most of which probably never would of heard of Oldera hadn't it been for you.

+ his OT's are far from garbage, quite a smart guy tbh

Figures a scumbag like Schmanky would help a scumbag like Ryan.

Hey man, lick it up while he still needs you to back him up. The server will eventually fail, as it always has. He will try to save it and it will fail. It's just a matter of time, I don't want to be in this argument because it is pointless. Oldera has a shit owner, yes. But the server is really good. I cannot deny that.

Have fun being used by pizza boy, and cya for Oldera v45 soon.

he ddosed me aswell and he is still ddosing my home internet xd just because i throw the facts towards him and he cant handle it haha
he told everyone oldera crashes are fixed etc but look again its once again offline and indeed azur his servers always fail or he make it fail because when he has enough cash the server gets closed.

Figures a scumbag like Schmanky would help a scumbag like Ryan.

Hey man, lick it up while he still needs you to back him up. The server will eventually fail, as it always has. He will try to save it and it will fail. It's just a matter of time, I don't want to be in this argument because it is pointless. Oldera has a shit owner, yes. But the server is really good. I cannot deny that.

Have fun being used by pizza boy, and cya for Oldera v45 soon.
please don't go full retard again =( i see your angry but atleast don't make yourself sound like an idiot =(

there's no difference if he was using someone elses servers or his own botnet, DDoS is always practically untraceable (unless like the dude said and you use monitored servers). you should google it to find out how it actually works.

you're basically advertising his OT, this thread has gotten 700~ views, most of which probably never would of heard of Oldera hadn't it been for you.

+ his OT's are far from garbage, quite a smart guy tbh

IDC if there's no difference, I'm talking about this specific scenario.

I'm not "basically advertising" his OT, it's been up and down for years and everyone who plays or have played school-school can see for them self that it's online and available by checking an OT server list if they really wanted to. The title of this post says enough, I doubt anyone reading it will mistake it for a server ad except maybe you evidently because you're clearly slower than most.

Also go take a peak at his servers. 10 players online? The other server is offline? Yeah, hes a huge success and I'm definitely assisting him by trashing his server on the forum, you're an idiot kid.

I'm not angry, more or less disappointed at how bad you fend for a thumbs up from this retard.

Have fun sticking that nose up there, cya.
i don't think you deserve a response if that is the conclusion you deduce from my posts (+ you ignore all my other posts in his actual thread, where it actually matters). Hate the guy all you want, doesn't make any of what I said wrong

IDC if there's no difference, I'm talking about this specific scenario.

I'm not "basically advertising" his OT, it's been up and down for years and everyone who plays or have played school-school can see for them self that it's online and available by checking an OT server list if they really wanted to. The title of this post says enough, I doubt anyone reading it will mistake it for a server ad except maybe you evidently because you're clearly slower than most.

Also go take a peak at his servers. 10 players online? The other server is offline? Yeah, hes a huge success and I'm definitely assisting him by trashing his server on the forum, you're an idiot kid.
you don't know which method he was using to DDoS, so you're not talking about a specific scenario - even then, you're still wrong.

Nymphis, posting this here does not prevent anyone from playing his servers. you are not reaching the players who actually play Oldera. all you're doing is sensationalizing his OT, even if it's in a bad light. every time I read one of your posts I am astounded by your naivety, you use the cutest grammar and try your best to sound smart but you end up looking like you're 10 years old.

his 7.4 server died down when he opened his 7.72, but his 7.72 has been crashing constantly - hence the loss in players. it has nothing at all to do with this thread or Ryan's reputation, had it been running smoothly it'd be rivaling Tibianic in # of online.

i don't think you deserve a response if that is the conclusion you deduce from my posts (+ you ignore all my other posts in his actual thread, where it actually matters). Hate the guy all you want, doesn't make any of what I said wrong

you don't know which method he was using to DDoS, so you're not talking about a specific scenario - even then, you're still wrong.

Nymphis, posting this here does not prevent anyone from playing his servers. you are not reaching the players who actually play Oldera. all you're doing is sensationalizing his OT, even if it's in a bad light. every time I read one of your posts I am astounded by your naivety, you use the cutest grammar and try your best to sound smart but you end up looking like you're 10 years old.

his 7.4 server died down when he opened his 7.72, but his 7.72 has been crashing constantly - hence the loss in players. it has nothing at all to do with this thread or Ryan's reputation, had it been running smoothly it'd be rivaling Tibianic in # of online.

Actually you mean his 7.72 died when he opened his 7.4.. You fucking retard

Go check Sammy's blog you retard, he admits the methods he used to DDoS servers haha. Hop off Ryan's dick for 5 minutes and open your eyes.

There's been 3-4 people on the Facebook group alone who said they refused to play his server just because of my post, in my eyes that's a success. If you honestly believe Oldera is going to compete with Tibianic or Realots then you're the naive one here. I barely make posts on Otland so idk what you're talking about haha but Ill let you continue raging and being butt hurt over this because you're clearly one of Ryan's fan boys. Enjoy being ignorant by yourself.

Last edited:
Go check Sammy's blog you retard, he admits the methods he used to DDoS servers haha. Hop off Ryan's dick for 5 minutes and open your eyes.
??? i've read it, he indirectly claims to have his own bot-net (not 3rd party software like you were claiming). so what? i've told you 3 times now that it's irrelevant, buying servers (unless they're monitored for the 20th time) or having your own bot-net is equally untrackable. again, please do research so you can understand the topic you are arguing about

If you honestly believe Oldera is going to compete with Tibianic or Realots then you're the naive one here
i don't, I was making a comparison. blowing my mind here Nymph, you're worse than I expected

I barely make posts on Otland so idk what you're talking about haha but Ill let you continue raging and being butt hurt over this because you're clearly one of Ryan's fan boys. Enjoy being ignorant by yourself.
Nymphis, not only do I not know Ryan at all, but if you go back a page in your own thread you can see me arguing against him. if you read his ad thread, you can see me arguing against him.

in conclusion Nymph ol' boy, you're doing more harm than good. i'm disappointed that you're too stubborn to see it, but it's clear you honestly don't understand the situation so I'm going to stop here and let you wrap it up.

I'm not going to lie, this guy is actually correct in his statement. I had constantly passed over Oldera because it looked like a shoddy server but I went on there after seeing this thread. Any publicity is good publicity I'm afraid to say. Especially when you open up your rant to supporters who will validate your opinion but say that it is "still a good server". I still am not impressed with the server/management personally, but I'm not impressed with nearly any of the server out there currently.

That and if people are stupid enough to support someone who openly admits he has a shady past and has a record for closing his server often then that is their own stupidity. I think part of the problem is that people are too item-hungry for their own good and are willing to donate for any power (regardless if/when the server will reset).

Old school servers is dying there is nothing to do about it at the moment.. Reason for this is mainly that majority of the people with the knowledge to create a decent server is very young. Maybe in a few years the boys capable of hosting a decent old school server is mature enough to give us a long term server to replace our old game.

Back