• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Pokemon X & Y

Are you gonna get this game?

• Total voters
I don't have it yet either, I'll get it on March when Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Magnagate comes out in English :p
That game's big enough to keep me entertained until October xD

- - - Updated - - -

Xerneas is a fucking deer, with rainbow horns.

Unicorn fucked a deer.
And he's awesome for that!

- - - Updated - - -

I'd buy it if I could play it on my DS Lite. I'd want to try it out but I don't feel like spending money on a 3DS to play a game for 30 hours and then leave it forever :p
I understand why you need a 3DS, but I don't think it's worth it.
I don't know how many side-stuff there is to do, but if you are a perfectionist, there's tons of stuff to do, fill your Pokedex(over 700 Pokemon confirmed), fill your pc with Pokemon, have all TMs, have a main team of 6 Level 100 Pokes, and most likely tons of other stuff to do, its clearly at least 200+ just to get all Pokes xD

I don't know how many side-stuff there is to do, but if you are a perfectionist, there's tons of stuff to do, fill your Pokedex(over 700 Pokemon confirmed), fill your pc with Pokemon, have all TMs, have a main team of 6 Level 100 Pokes, and most likely tons of other stuff to do, its clearly at least 200+ just to get all Pokes xD

I wrote 30 hours because I usually get bored after "beating" the game and playing a while after that. On my Pokémon Black I didn't spend very much time since I got bored quick. I got 700+ hours of gameplay on my Pokémon Silver for the Gameboy Color.
Idk, it's just not as fun anymore :p

I would love to play it through though!

I'll play it simple because it's Pokemon. Won't buy it though, will wait for the roms to be released. I still think that Gold/Silver are the best games.

I'll play it simple because it's Pokemon. Won't buy it though, will wait for the roms to be released. I still think that Gold/Silver are the best games.
Gold/Silver were good back then, but compared to current mechanics, they just suck, at least say Heart Gold/Soul Silver as they already have at least Gen 4 mechanics (Physical/Special split ftw)

Gold/Silver were good back then, but compared to current mechanics, they just suck, at least say Heart Gold/Soul Silver as they already have at least Gen 4 mechanics (Physical/Special split ftw)

Haven't actually played HG/SS. Might see if I can find one of em and give it a bash, I have heard good things about them though.

HG/SS are remakes of Gold and Silver, everything about them is literally better, if you like Gold and Silver you will like HG/SS, if you don't, you're just blinded by nostalgia :p

For those in the "I don't want to buy a 3DS boat", the 3DS already has some pretty solid games on it already, and this year theres gonna be some great releases for it.

Already out for it is a decent Mario game, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (for those that like Kingdom hearts), Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D, and a remake of Zelda, Ocarina Of Time.

A new Castlevania game in March, a new Fire Emblem game in February, a new animal crossings game, and of course the new pokemon games.

There are also the Steet Fighter and Tekken games that are already out, and a new Super Smash Brothers coming out this year for it. but fighting games are normally best on console, though, these still are FUN on portable!

Theres more than that, but these are the ones with most name value.

The 3DS like all other portables are great that you can play them on bus trips, airplanes, or even laying in your bed. I do travel alot, and I like laying in bed, so the 3DS is amazing to me. Also, if you like "older style" game play games, you'll find alot more "classic" style gameplay on portable titles, (platfomers, and JRPGs is what I mean mostly), so instead of recalling what games you like in the past, just play a new game that is actually ultimately better.

I'm sorry, but the graphics on Pokemon Yellow make it nearly impossible to play by todays standards, and if you are still holding on to that, instead of playing the newer Pokemon games, you got a problem. Nostalgia sucks

New Pokemon was recently(a couple days ago) announced by GameFreak

It's name's Sylveon and he's yet another evolution of Eevee
sylveon.png
sylveon3.jpg
[video=youtube;pse_I1klRhA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pse_I1klRhA[/video]

Its typing is currently unknown, as is the method of evolution, anyone care to make guesses?

My personal guess is that it'll be either Normal or Flying, unsure about the evolution method though :p

And it's SOOOO CUTE <3

I'm not a huge fan of Pokemon, but I'm not here to hate anything
I'll give my neutral opinion as a guy who isn't in Pokemon as much as you all are.

The game looks awesome, everthing here reminds me of older pokemon generations from animated series.
Battle mechanics is classic with awesome animation - I really like it
They even changed starters, it was boring to play same starting pokemons in every release(that's why I never bought my personal gameboy/nintendo/another console to play it). I playd sometimes on my friends' devices. I don't like Chespin only - he looks a bit like a character from happy tree friends
The outlines are pretty bad drawn, but it doesn't hurt eyes much during battles.
There is only one question: "Y" they release X and Y instead of one version?

I'm not a huge fan of Pokemon, but I'm not here to hate anything
I'll give my neutral opinion as a guy who isn't in Pokemon as much as you all are.

The game looks awesome, everthing here reminds me of older pokemon generations from animated series.
Battle mechanics is classic with awesome animation - I really like it
They even changed starters, it was boring to play same starting pokemons in every release(that's why I never bought my personal gameboy/nintendo/another console to play it). I playd sometimes on my friends' devices. I don't like Chespin only - he looks a bit like a character from happy tree friends
The outlines are pretty bad drawn, but it doesn't hurt eyes much during battles.

It makes it more challenging to fill up your pokedex (which no one ever really does)

- - - Updated - - -

Nintendo has finally announced the next gen of Pokemon, being called Pokemon X & Pokemon Y

The first game on the 3DS will also be the first in the new Generation 6
First Trailer(English):
[video=youtube;4bIrWryFc7A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bIrWryFc7A[/video]

If you don't like Pokemon:
gtfo-meme-rage-face.png

Discuss away!

I love that they finally changed into a 3D graphics instead of plain sprites, it looks so much better!
The new starters are cool, but I'm still not convinced with the Water one, maybe the evolutions will make me change my mind, but the Fire one looks totally adorable! <3
And both legendaries at the end, they look great, the bird(currently being called Y) looks so badass and the deer? one looks beautiful with the crystal horns

SHITSHITSHITSHITSHIT I DON'T HAVE A 3DS :(

German names for new starters are inaccurate a bit, but sounds more awesome than originals xD

"I'm done, I beat the game with full pokedex!" said no one ever

Anyways, Xerneas looks like Virizion kinda, except blue.
Yeah, dunno why they went with such a recent design similarity
"I'm done, I beat the game with full pokedex!" said no one ever
I have already filled the Pokedex in Yellow and Sapphire!!
But they always changed starters with every new Generation

RBY - Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle
GSC - Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile
RSE - Treeko, Torchic, Mudkip
DPP - Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup
BW - Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott
XY - Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie

They have said in the video that the content isn't final, I'm sure they'll polish it before releasing it
It's all marketing, they release 2 versions because you can't catch them all in just one game, so they force you to trade with friends that have different versions

Back