• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Poll] How you prefer to see item information?

Which item look you would prefer the most?

• Double look (full info)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

whitevo

Feeling good, thats what I do.
Solutions
Reaction score
In Whi World, items have lot of stats and they have somewhat randomized values.
Whi World is currently using tibia client, so that makes displaying item information even worse.
However I would like to go with best option possible while I use tibia client.

Which item look you would prefer the most?
1. single look (partial info)
When you look item you see this information:
s591lj.jpg

2. single look (full info)
When you look item once you see this information:
23jnwb8.jpg

3. double look (partial info)
When you look item you see item stats with no extra information:
29psy9i.jpg

When you look item twice(second time) you see additional information shown in example 1 (single look - partial info)

4. double look (full info)
When you look item you see item stats with no extra information.

When you look item twice(second time) you see additional information shown in example 2 (single look - full info)

5. something else

What do you suggest?

I'm not sure how and if I am going to add automatic item comparing between item which is equipped and what are you looking.
It might not be helpful at all and it isn't that big deal to spend some time comparing items right?

You could always make a few options and let your players choose through some settings which one they want to use. Possibly a FYI window as well.

make it shorter and use shortenings and it won't be so painful to read
'Volleys deals' & adds 4% bla bla
makes it look long/messy and ugly to read

edit: or atleast put a big capital letter on volleys and on adds
cause it makes it look messy imo

make it shorter and use shortenings and it won't be so painful to read
'Volleys deals' & adds 4% bla bla
makes it look long/messy and ugly to read

edit: or atleast put a big capital letter on volleys and on adds
cause it makes it look messy imo
It is quite short and what is so messy about having 2 different effects written out on different lines?
In my opinion it would be more confusing to read 2 different effects written on same sentence.

You could always make a few options and let your players choose through some settings which one they want to use. Possibly a FYI window as well.
Well I actually do have 1 option in settings where player can choose to turn of tutorial'ish information about stats.
I will consider the option for players to choose different look informations.

I would recommend using a "single look" method with the server log to display the additional details and have the screen show the primary item information. For example, "You see a Helmet (arm: +10, dist: +3). It weighs 60.00 oz. An excellent piece of smith." and the server log will display that same message plus additional bonus information (i.e. resistances). This will be appear more professional, in my opinion.

Good luck.

I would recommend using a "single look" method with the server log to display the additional details and have the screen show the primary item information. For example, "You see a Helmet (arm: +10, dist: +3). It weighs 60.00 oz. An excellent piece of smith." and the server log will display that same message plus additional bonus information (i.e. resistances). This will be appear more professional, in my opinion.

Good luck.
I think it requires source edit because the green text is related to server log.
And not going to go that far so that I will have option to send green messages to screen and server log separately for this specific change.
Although the idea is good.

Someone made a hover on item windows for information is the best way in my opinion good work though

Someone made a hover on item windows for information is the best way in my opinion good work though
I know. Will use it eventually. But as of right now i use tibia client and was thinking about design for it

Back