• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Popular PvP cities in 7.x?

Kaspar

Unprejudiced
Staff member
Global Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello folks!

I'm wondering what cities you guys like to PvP in, on the 7.x clients. We all have our personal favorites! Mine are Rookgaard and Venore.

Although my favorite little village ever, was Greenshore. At its current state, it's not much of a PvP adapted area, but with some map editing it's always possible to change that fact.

So if you have any favorite places -- feel free to type them here, since I am looking for a few new places to edit!

Fibula, the open area of Kazordoon mountains north of dwarf bridge (the legendary tibia escape videos come from this area) and Carlin

edron bridges, carlin/thais sewers, ank/dara desert and also kaz actions are lit.

I believe that making all ground have the same speed would make it much better. For example, you run faster on some ground tiles, and some slower. Make them all the same.

I believe that making all ground have the same speed would make it much better. For example, you run faster on some ground tiles, and some slower. Make them all the same.

That is the worst idea, that takes away another dimension while PvPing, knowing where to run to not get slowed down and take advantage should be rewarded.

I agree with @jaicob. It's a very important detail to have different speed values on different types of groundtiles. However, a concept of having the same speed on a large area isn't necessarily a bad idea; for example the popular PvP place in Darashia's deserts with same speed values on the sandtiles.

I personally never really liked Kazordoon (it's always been too confusing for me), but I have to agree that it's indeed a nice PvP place.

Do you guys think it would be nice to PvP in a revamped area of e.g Northport, Cormaya (maybe even revamped area of hunting places) etc or do you prefer to PvP in the big cities?

My 3 favorites places in tibia:
1.Kazordoon
2.Carlin
3.Port Hope

Kazordoon, Demona war map, Ank tombs war map, Amazon camp in venore war map, Orc fortress war map, Djin tower war map, Dreamer Challange war map, Fibula war map,Ancient Helmet Quest war map, with the funny pac-man type of labirynth. Intesting ideas for you, all with some edition etc, to make them more intresting, and less stair and ladder hop. Orc Fortress alone without editing is big and intresting, and some players don't even know how big it is, they never explored it upper level in total.

Last edited:
Kazordoon, Demona war map, Ank tombs war map, Amazon camp in venore war map, Orc fortress war map, Djin tower war map, Dreamer Challange war map, Fibula war map,Ancient Helmet Quest war map, with the funny pac-man type of labirynth. Intesting ideas for you, all with some edition etc, to make them more intresting, and less stair and ladder hop. Orc Fortress alone without editing is big and intresting, and some players don't even know how big it is, they never explored it upper level in total.
I like the idea of OF. The YurOTs map would be cool too.

How about Senja? I've always wanted to see the blood from all your corpses color the snow dark red, while the cold winter breeze passes me.

Hey guys, if anyone want's to give me some insight I'd appreciate it.
So if the map pool is consisting of Carlin and Rookgaard, what third map would you prefer; Kazordoon or Darashia?

Not sure if you are asking in terms of war or RPG ot, nevermind. Here's list of places I consider fun to pvp:
  • Obviously sewers and generally whole Thais with Greenshore.
  • Darama, although it received a bad feedback back then in realistic, dunno why. It's perfect pvp place - a good amount of undergrounds, some filled with monsters like DS that can be used in pvp. Mountains have narrow paths, easy to mwall your opponents. Ground fields are slow, but you can always run undergrounds or mountains. There's a few stack, you gotta think how to prevent your opponent to run there. Really fun and underestimated place.
  • North-east part of Edron (not full-of-stack city, but outside the walls: forest, cyclopolis and Taifun trap).
  • Carlin is always fun to fight, unless it's rpg ots and your opponents have 1k noobchars everywhere.
Regarding Kazz - always got confused there, and Darashia itself is too small to have fun - few houses, mid-speed open ground. Both are bad imo.

Thanks for your opinion! You've got some good points.

I'm asking regarding war OT. Consider the maps heavily edited to fit a war environment, so just focus on the fundamental part of the cities and their "aura".
I have the idea of making Kazordoon like a fast paced sewertype city.
Perhaps Stonehome, north-east of Edron might be a good place to edit for a war OT. I'll check it out, thanks!

This is out of topic but since you Kasper is about to work on a war server I suggest that you make so that all grounds have the same speed?

Maybe Maze of lost souls since everyone loves sewer type-war (even though they are too afraid to admit it :rolleyes:)

This is out of topic but since you Kasper is about to work on a war server I suggest that you make so that all grounds have the same speed?
Thanks for the suggestion but that wouldn't be so nice imo.

Maybe Maze of lost souls since everyone loves sewer type-war (even though they are too afraid to admit it :rolleyes:)
lolol

@Kaspar

• Basically what annoys people is that with a lot of stairhopping people get away without consequenses. For example: player X battles player Y, but if player X is in trouble because hes worse he can get away using stairs/ladders. People fight in sewers because its clearly a tight area to fight in which will reward the better player(s). People just simply cant get away quickly. Even though I like the occasional 'stairhop' map, it feels unrewarding to SD someone out of mana and they get away through stairs/ladders. In my opinion PoH is a good area to focus on with maybe some custom areas build in such as 1 sqm bridges above the surface. Good respawn spot with the little spot where Oldrak is located. Even though its a big area its mainly flat.

Back