• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Port 1 - 1023 blocked by my modem (EURODOCSIS 3.0)

Jojjo

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a question about web hosting, so I was getting my server online but when I tried to open port 80 for my website my modem gave an error.
It told me I have to choose between ports 1023 and 65536 which is normal because my provider (telenet) blocks them automatically.

Is there a way to use another port like 8080 or 8000?
I searched the web for solutions but when I opened those ports and surf to "myip:8080" it was still unable to connect.

I'm using xampp for my server, maybe I have to change some config in there but I can't find anything usefull on the web.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance

Stop the XAMPP server, if it is not already stopped, open the httpd.conf located in apache/conf/http.conf.

Then search for the string "Listen 80" now change the 80 to the port number you want, 8080 or 8000?
After that you need to search for the string "ServerName" and also change their ports to the same you choose above.
Now the final part, save and start the XAMPP server again.

If your going to use XAMPP for a public server I would recommend you to switch to UniServer or something like that, XAMPP is mostly used only for developing because it's not as secure as UniServer.

I tried that, but it doesnt work and when I changed it I couldn't even connect to 'localhost'.
I have downloaded uniserver first but when I click server status it allways says no acces to internet, I think this is because port 80 is not open.
Maybe I can change the config in uniserver so it listens to port 8080 and try again?

Thanks for the fast reply, I'll keep looking for solutions.

Back