• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Port 80 blocked? use another one.

Zisly

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
Well some people can have problems with port 80 being blocked when they try to host a site, and they have tried everything.

So what you can do is change the port the web server will be listening to, I will show you how to do it.

Configure
  • First off; go to your XAMPP folder.
  • Now go to Apache\conf\ and open the file httpd.conf.
  • Search for the word 'Listen', you will now see this;

-
  • Now what you need to do is simply change the port the server will listen to.
    So if I would like it to listen at 7172 then I would replace 'Listen 80' with 'Listen 7172'.
  • Save the file and your done.
    There is a 'catch' with this, you will need to have the port after your IP if it's not listening at 80.
    Ex; 83.255.xx.xx:7172
    It might not be that fun for people to type :7172 at the end, so what you can do it get a redirection.
    I will assume you already have a no-ip account and know how it works.
  • Go to no-ip.com, log in and go to the add host page.
  • Now, pick a hostname and then check Port 80 Redirect.
    This will "pop up":
  • Get your ip addres from whatsmyip.net and type it in the ip field.
    Now set the port the web server is using, in this case 7172.
  • Now just click Create Host and your done.
    It might take some minutes for it to update so stay calm.
  • Now simple restart/start XAMPP and if everything went right you can now use aname.no-ip.org instead of 83.255.xx.xx:7172.
    Of course the ip and :7172 will still be showed but the user doesn't need to enter it.

I don't know much about this, there is probably a better way :p

Feel free to rep++ me :)

Last edited:
Well some people can have problems with port 80 being blocked when they try to host a site, and they have tried everything.

So what you can do is change the port the web server will be listening to, I will show you how to do it.

Configure
  • First off; go to your XAMPP folder.
  • Now go to Apache\conf\ and open the file httpd.conf.
  • Search for the word 'Listen', you will now see this;

-
  • Now what you need to do is simply change the port the server will listen to.
    So if I would like it to listen at 7172 then I would replace 'Listen 80' with 'Listen 7172'.
  • Save the file and your done.
    There is a 'catch' with this, you will need to have the port after your IP if it's not listening at 80.
    Ex; 83.255.xx.xx:7172
    It might not be that fun for people to type :7172 at the end, so what you can do it get a redirection.
    I will assume you already have a no-ip account and know how it works.
  • Go to no-ip.com, log in and go to the add host page.
  • Now, pick a hostname and then check Port 80 Redirect.
    This will "pop up":
  • Get your ip addres from whatsmyip.net and type it in the ip field.
    Now set the port the web server is using, in this case 7172.
  • Now just click Create Host and your done.
    It might take some minutes for it to update so stay calm.
  • Now simple restart/start XAMPP and if everything went right you can now use aname.no-ip.org instead of 83.255.xx.xx:7172.
    Of course the ip and :7172 will still be showed but the user doesn't need to enter it.

I don't know much about this, there is probably a better way :p

all is working now except they cant login to my server with the 7171 port now it refuses to response do i need to do something else? becouse this worked before i did this..

thanks in advance

You can't run the server and website on the same port.

if your isp blocks port 80, then it is usually against TOS to host a web server :s

Zisly, we now use ports 7172 to login to tibia so you may want to modify your tutorial :p

Regards,
Leiken.

Thanks :) rep++. I just have a problem, everything works fine in the website, but the account manager of the website stipped working, for me and for the others.

Back