• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Portforwarding Issue

Wasbo

Reaction score
Recently I port forwarded my OT and only people that are connected to my ip can play. The problem is people that are not connected to my ip cannot log in to the server.

I port forwarded ports - 7171

My router is the D-link 655-extreme (if that helps)

Thanks so much!
Wasbo :)

It doesn't work only connecting with 127.0.0.1 i heard your not supposed to be able to connect with your global ip anyways. And i can connect to my own server just whenever i try adding to otservlist it claims that the server is offline :/

It doesn't work only connecting with 127.0.0.1 i heard your not supposed to be able to connect with your global ip anyways. And i can connect to my own server just whenever i try adding to otservlist it claims that the server is offline :/

If you are not avable to connect with your Global IP, than you did wrong something, probably ports... And about 127.0.0.1, don't use that ip, becouse just you will be avable to login...

I portforwarded all those ports, i could connect with my global ip before but then someone posted you shouldnt be able to so i did something now i cant lol. Im trying to think of what i did :/

Behind the black boxes = your lan ip?
If not it should be there.

For the rest it seems quite fine.

In your config.lua the statusport is set to 7171? if not make it 7171, that will allow otservlist to see your server.

The black boxes are set to my ip that i found in CMD>ipconfig/all and it was my IPv4 ip. And i dont have status port it only asks for port which is set to 7171.

Go to this page try to see if your Ports are correctly Opened. Maybe Your ISP, Firewall are blocking the ports.

Open Port Check tool is a free tool provided by No-IP.com.

Check for the ports 7171 and 7172

:peace:

I think that the port check tool doesn't work 100% correctly.
I have ports 7171 and 7172 open, other people can login on my server, otservlist says that my server is online, BUT Canyouseeme.org says that 7171 and 7172 are closed.

Back