• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Portforwarding

Nikkster

Programmer
Reaction score
Hello, this is not a problem at all since I kinda know pretty much about routing and portforwarding, but just one question.

It was about 3 years ago I opened ports in my router and then I only had this computer. (Used the router to LAN etc). Everything worked, but then other members in my family got a computer, and today I wanted to open the port 80 in my router, but just got one question:

It is a d-link router 624, which is one of the hardest d-link routers..

One d-link is in my other computer (The server computer which stays on 24/7) and one in my brothers computer.

The d-link in the server computer is not reachable, but the router in my brother's computer is reachable.

So I open the port 80, select it as "Enabled" and also allow it in my firewall (ZoneAlarm). And yes, I opened the port 80 for my computer IP in the router.

But when I type my IP Address in the internet browser, it won't work. With my local/127.0.0.1 works aswell.

So, do I need to open the ports in the other computers too? Can it be a computer that is blocking the traffic? Everyone are using the same firewall etc. I will ofcourse give you reputation if you help me. Thanks!.

No, that's absolutely not what I asked for. I want a clear answer because in my knowledge, you shouldn't be needing to open the port in all computers, atleast my friend didn't have to.

And to able to check the ports at that website, you need to have the applications running, so that website would be the last one to see. Make sure you read the whole thread before replying, what I think is just to increase your postcount.

I really need an answer for this.

I read the whole thread that you wrote..
And I did this on my own computer and the ports were opened from the other computer to..
So, you should have to do it on two computers if their in the same network..

At least not on my router.. :p

Back