• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Ports Forwarded but still no luck.

Ryujin

Rathnir Team Member
Reaction score
I have forwarded my ports to 7171, and used portchecker to verify that its open, but when a friend tries to log onto a server I put up, they get stuck at loading character list and then eventually time out.

Any suggestions?

yep, whats the ip say in your config..also firewalls turn em all off just for testing and see if they can connect.

The IP in my config is the IP I got from whatsmyip, showmyip, etc.

@up
Ill try and post the results.

Edit: Neither solutions work, I disabled firewal, and also port forwarded 7172.

Last edited:
i donno maybe
when you made the host name in noip site i guess that is what you should write in config
and download the noinp tool thing install and open and make it update ip to host :)

i donno maybe
when you made the host name in noip site i guess that is what you should write in config
and download the noinp tool thing install and open and make it update ip to host :)

I aalready had a no-ip assigned to it and it didn't change anything. :\

Open ports 7171, 7172 and 8000. Check if your firewall is blocking, (easy just disable it)

REP++ if helped :)

EDIT: remember that malware programms also have firewall ;) Like ESET and norton

I shut skype down already and all my ports are open, they people just cant connect even without a firewall. IE Windows firewall/ kapersky

The ports are 3306, 7171, 7172, and 80

3306 = MySql
80 = Apache Web Server
7171 = Login protocol Port
7172 = Game Protocol Port

Btw i think this is my first post purely because my other acc got stolen.

3306 no needed if u are using localhost

maybe pray help your luck ;x

stuck at char list usually is wrong config.lua ip (or port 7172(dunno))

@3306/80
Crap, unless he has a REALLY STUPID FIREWALL THAT BLOCKS 127.0.0.1 TO CONNECT TO 127.0.0.1 >.<

besides, if the OTServ couldn't talk to the SQL server, guess what? the serv shuts itself down.

Back