• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Possible hosting capacity

jonasu

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello, i did very recently build a computer from some old components.

These are the specifications:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 4800+, 2,4Ghz, L2 cache 1Mb per core.
Motherboard: Gigabyte, GigabitLan, DDR2.
Memory: 6 Gb, 800Mhz, DDR2
PSU: 520Watt.
Harddisk: 7200 Rpm, 500 Gb, 32 Mb Cache

Internet: 100/10 MBit

Hosting OS: Ubuntu Server 10.4

Rev: 0.4Dev
Map: Real Map
Client: 8.6
Hosting location: Sweden, Stockholm

Now, to the real question. How many players would a system with these specifications be capable of handling without to much freezes or kicks?

I will be very grateful if you reply with serious answers.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
This is my download/upload speed.

Before i hosted the same server on a laptop. A Vaio VGN-CR41S Link on specs: Laptop

Soon i'm going to buy an 500gb sata2 with 32mb cache and 1gb or 2gb more ram.

So, would it be any problem at all to host then?

My real map takes 2.45GB of RAM when its online.

Memory: Crosshair 2x 1GB 800Mhz DDR2 <------ That will not work, im sorry man but you need to use a custom map.

BTW don't waist your money on a hard drive, buy atleast 2gb more of RAM
The most important thing by far is RAM, (and a decent processor.)

My real map takes 2.45GB of RAM when its online.

Memory: Crosshair 2x 1GB 800Mhz DDR2 <------ That will not work, im sorry man but you need to use a custom map.

BTW don't waist your money on a hard drive, buy atleast 2gb more of RAM
The most important thing by far is RAM, (and a decent processor.)

Well, thank you for your reply.
I'm truly considering buying 2gb more ram, but a new HDD is needed, because the HDD that I'm using is an IDE type, so the DVD and HDD conflicts with each other. This is because the motherboard only has one IDE connector and 4 SATA connectors.

I'm truly considering buying 2gb more ram, but a new HDD is needed, because the HDD that I'm using is an IDE type, so the DVD and HDD conflicts with each other. This is because the motherboard only has one IDE connector and 4 SATA connectors.

Do what you must do, but RAM is your friend :)

You don't need a DVD on a server lol?

i really need a new one, its hard for the mobo to recognize the hdd (takes like 1 minute in the startup) and when i used a usb dvd-player i got to the formating part of the disk when the installation just freezed. even waited for 15 minutes. i put the computer together with spare parts that friends and i had laying around with my budget, the best i can do for a whole month is getting a new hdd / ram, both will be useless without the other :/

realmap with 200 player need ram 3 and 200+ need 4 so it's not good u will get only 100 player then lag or crash with low memory

Back