• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion @Possible idea for vb4 & Hosted Project Boards

Red

Cyntara.org
Staff member
Global Moderator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Simply, I use my Hosted Project Board as my server's main forums, and I love it, although, the only opposition I have is that I have less moderation power than most "free hosting forums" ect.
It would also save Moderators/Administrators who manage admins on Hosted Project Boards time if the "owner" of the Hosted Project Boards had the ability to make their own sections (with OTland Admin restrictions), own board moderators (also amount restricted), and ability to prevent other OTland users from posting on these boards (of course not able to ban Admins/Moderators of OTland off their board, but people who make accounts to spam, harass, ect.)
The system now works, but I feel bad taking some Moderator's time reporting player's posts when it would be more convenient for us if we were able to carry out such administrations ourselves.

I also realize this wouldn't affect many people, but I know with vb4 that Hosted Project Boards will be open again, it would be a "nicety". I understand that nothing can be done immediately, but some feedback on the possibility of this in the future would be nice.

Thanks for listening,
Red

Last edited:
Well, you mean something like the VAPus hosted boards (where you get "admin" over that board and can edit priviliges for users and add moderators)?

I believe that will require some manual rewritting of the admin panel code of vBulletin. I have atleast not seen such a modification.

There isn't a modification for that, as of right now it's not possible to enable a normal member to be able to create new boards anywhere in the forum, Hosted Boards or elsewhere without having certain Administrator permissions.

There isn't a modification for that, as of right now it's not possible to enable a normal member to be able to create new boards anywhere in the forum, Hosted Boards or elsewhere without having certain Administrator permissions.

Yes, I agree with you but I would say ther's a trusted members here in otland they may be able to create thier own hosted boards? Would be nice to see his/her releases.

Signed. :thumbup:

Sure, there is trusted members here. But what I am saying is, in order for a member to be able to create a hosted board they have to have permissions in the Administrator Control Panel which you cannot give a single permission for creating new boards to a member, you must change their entire user-group, and you cant give a user-group solely 1 admincp permission to create a hosted board, just isnt possible.

Sure, there is trusted members here. But what I am saying is, in order for a member to be able to create a hosted board they have to have permissions in the Administrator Control Panel which you cannot give a single permission for creating new boards to a member, you must change their entire user-group, and you cant give a user-group solely 1 admincp permission to create a hosted board, just isnt possible.

Technicly it's possible, look at the vapus board. However, no forum normally require such a feature, therefore it's not a default feature (exist a PAY edition of phpbb that got something like it), but no mods I've seen for IPB/vB.

Well yes, it is im sure possible, but as you said, no mods you've seen enabling that possibility.

This idea was suggested ages ago and tala didn't do anything ;d I doubt he will move his lazy ass this time.

Back