• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Post your opinions on botting

Of course it's about the money, Tibia will never remove botting now; I garuntee it. The mass bans are a facade. What happened is, they dug themselves into a hole by not removing botting right away and instead of taking an immediate loss to money by shutting down the botting at that point they proceeded developing the game around bots. Tibia would be a way different, and way more successful game if they had went the other path. Tibia would have more players right now if they had changed long ago, it's just not an option any longer for them. Killing bots would me the death of the game plain and simple. I'll never grasp why anyone still plays logs into Tibia to let a program do everything, there's literally like nothing attractive about it; you can't even feel skillful at PvP because everyone uses a bot. Jaja-ing in a voice program while using your bot to combo someone with SD's is about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Then again that's why there's a dwindling dismal number of people playing.

I think the remainder of Tibia's playerbase that bots and then wars bot wars is just a bunch of wood-elo shits who can't play a game that takes skill haha I kid, I kid.

Of course it's about the money, Tibia will never remove botting now; I garuntee it. The mass bans are a facade. What happened is, they dug themselves into a hole by not removing botting right away and instead of taking an immediate loss to money by shutting down the botting at that point they proceeded developing the game around bots. Tibia would be a way different, and way more successful game if they had went the other path. Tibia would have more players right now if they had changed long ago, it's just not an option any longer for them. Killing bots would me the death of the game plain and simple. I'll never grasp why anyone still plays logs into Tibia to let a program do everything, there's literally like nothing attractive about it; you can't even feel skillful at PvP because everyone uses a bot. Jaja-ing in a voice program while using your bot to combo someone with SD's is about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Then again that's why there's a dwindling dismal number of people playing.

I think the remainder of Tibia's playerbase that bots and then wars bot wars is just a bunch of wood-elo shits who can't play a game that takes skill haha I kid, I kid.

Finally someone who gets it.

I started out on RL Tibia and went to open tibia, and back when I played Open Tibia.... let me tell you. They were FUCKING FANTASTIC. 7.6 custom shit man, 8.4 evolution maps, the netherlands maps (I think that's what they were called.) It was fucking great. But then a NEW STYLE of open tibia came in, AND I call these open tibia servers... the botters.

Ladies and Gent's... the 8.6 OTS, and it got worse and worse...

If you think about it... open tibia is JUST like RL Tibia.

-They both started out fucking terrific.
-Both were incredibly popular and a lot of people played both (Even a lot of people quit RL TIBIA to join OTS>> which brings up AdkyTwo's point.)
-Eventually the botters took over on both OT and RL. (8.60 ots took over OT and most of them are all shit... NeoBot, iBot, Elfbot, NG, all that shit took over RL Tibia.)
-Now, it's all what kind of shittier version each individual prefers

Botting didn't really kill Tibia, 7.6 had bots and it was still incredible popular... it was CipSoft being dumb as fuck with their updates that killed Tibia... and also because of Open Tibia.
There are many factors as to why Tibia is dead.

The ONLY reason I'm still around is cause I'm on a world with a large group of friends that I really enjoy playing the game with...
but there is no way in hell I'd just randomly start on any random world and start playing.

Edit: Hopefully I don't sound to retarded.

Ok, this is the fucking truth.
In every server of tibia rl, in everyworl, i cna bet the high top lvl botted. at least 1 day on their life. the problem is that tibia tried to defeat botters with updates, like adding this fucking shit of offline training, which is made to eradicate the botting avility to skill ur character while you are sleeping.. well, if tibia woul have improve systems to detect botters in stead of making the game so easy (so it looks like you dont need a bot) riht now we wouldn´t have botters.
come on guys, just look at wwhat tibia did with the game, FUCKING YALAHAR, is a piece of shit, they made a map, with a city in the middle, and all around in a few steps everykind of creatures, etc...
I miss the old tibia when you wer in fucking venore and you had to walk a shitload to get to the dark cathedral....
cipsoft fucked the gam because they didn't know how to deal with botters, thats it.

Ok, this is the fucking truth.
In every server of tibia rl, in everyworl, i cna bet the high top lvl botted. at least 1 day on their life. the problem is that tibia tried to defeat botters with updates, like adding this fucking shit of offline training, which is made to eradicate the botting avility to skill ur character while you are sleeping.. well, if tibia woul have improve systems to detect botters in stead of making the game so easy (so it looks like you dont need a bot) riht now we wouldn´t have botters.
come on guys, just look at wwhat tibia did with the game, FUCKING YALAHAR, is a piece of shit, they made a map, with a city in the middle, and all around in a few steps everykind of creatures, etc...
I miss the old tibia when you wer in fucking venore and you had to walk a shitload to get to the dark cathedral....
cipsoft fucked the gam because they didn't know how to deal with botters, thats it.

Read the thread.

Tibia has never tried to stop botters, they've only accommodated them. The bots fucking inject into the client BEFORE you log into their servers. They could have written a check to auto ban/prevent anyone logging in with a bot as soon as it became a problem. But they didn't because it would of costed them time/money. And yes it would of been an uphill battle as they would have to change the code as the bots change to get around it but that's irrelevant.

Back