• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Private Maple Story Servers = Pwned

Gut

Collapser Zulu Creator
Reaction score
Maplestory Private Server Sued

Maple story servers were sued by the original company Nexon. The question that I now have is, Do maple story servers actually use property of Nexon? I know that they use the same map but do the servers themselves run from the client?

Open Tibia private servers on the other hand do not use the property of CIP. The only property used that belongs to CIP is their client (And this is avoidable by using a client such as YACT). My question is that do you think that CIP will get anywhere trying to stop OTServers if they tried?

Well if server was located in USA then they can be sued...
Point is that there is statement in Federal Law that reverse engineering is illegal. There might be some other countries that it could be illegal as well... Well it might be time when Cipsoft will start fighting otserv and get some top servers down... Well if the webpage is not holding anything illegal and do not provide any links to cipsoft copyrighted stuff and your country doesnt restric reverse engineering, you are free to go ;)

Wow this is a really interesting case. You might also want to check this webpage: OdinMS. The letters that were sended to the owners are in german so I can't understand. Maybe someone can be so nice to translate them.

I wish all the best to the owners.

I'v used to play maple story, The maps are inside the client, The spawns are generated by the server itself.
The did that to avoid lagg but it was an wrong dessision. Why? because of "vac" The sucked all the monsters to 1 point on the map and started killing them (the used godmode to) since dammige was generated by there client

Back