• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Problem with REMERE'S MAP EDITOR. [MY MAP]

Zakhran

Pace
Reaction score
Hi all. I have a problem with my custom map in Remere's Map Editor.
I've been working on my custom map since 2011, but it's only 20 mb.
All was working fine everyday, I was working on it, etc.
But today I tried to open my map to work a little bit and appeared the LOADING OTBM MAP window but the loading bar just keeped in 28%... then the map opens with a bug window.
Could not read tile position
Discarding creature "XXXXX" at position X: Y: Z:

And when I look over my map, it looks like someone cropped it, more than the half of my map it's gone, but I can close it without saving it and my map still weighs 20 mb. But when I open it again it happens the same.
I have already tried re-installing RME, and also opening it with simOne map editor but it happens the same.
I know that I'm so stupid because I didn't make a security copy of my map before.

Hope someone can help me to get rid of this problem
Thank a lot!

It really sounds like your map is corrupt. Try opening it with a server and with a different version of RME to see if the error persists.

Hi. I have been using 2.1 and I tried to open it with 2.2 and the problem persisted.
And also when I try to open the map in a TFS server: FATAL: OTBM loader - Could not open... etc.
Thanks!

Edit: I tried several things and also Limos tried to help me to get rid of this but it seems to not have any solution. I appreciate the help, it's nothing but my fault.
Greetings!

Back