• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Problems with Boost

ianelli

Ramza
Reaction score
I had several errors with boost when trying to compile using visual studio. Then, i tried to move to codeblocks, since i was used to compile with that.
The problem is: even with codeblocks and every step right, i get those errors. Does anybody have a clue of what i have to do?
I've downloaded lots of versions of boosts, unziped it on C:/, and still, don't work.
Tried to delete all boosts, the error persists.
SBPER1.jpg

It looks like you are missing boost libs. Check if your project include boost directory and if you are using correct version. If that wont help try to set the project to 'release' instead of plain debugging.

Already tried, but thank you for the help :(

It looks like you are missing boost libs. Check if your project include boost directory and if you are using correct version. If that wont help try to set the project to 'release' instead of plain debugging.

How can i see if it include the boost directory?
And it's already to 'release'.

By the way, on the code there is a part that looks like that:

Code:
if(MINGW)
find_package(Boost 1.64.0 COMPONENTS ${REQUIRED_BOOST_COMPONENTS} REQUIRED)
else()
find_package(Boost 1.48.0 COMPONENTS ${REQUIRED_BOOST_COMPONENTS} REQUIRED)
endif()

So i guess i need boost 1.64.0 or boost 1.48.0.

I have the same problem :(, and I can't fix this at all

C++:
C:/boost_1_65_0/boost/filesystem/path.hpp:981: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::path_traits::convert(char const*, char const*, std::__cxx11::basic_string<wchar_t, std::char_traits<wchar_t>, std::allocator<wchar_t> >&, std::codecvt<wchar_t, char, int> const&)'

Already tried, but thank you for the help :(

How can i see if it include the boost directory?
And it's already to 'release'.
Compiling on Windows · edubart/otclient Wiki · GitHub

Check if libs are correctly included to the project.
Also if you are using newer version of VS you must download and use tools for VS15.

I've followed the steps on that "Compiling on Windows" tutorial. Nothing.

i have everything up to date i've added changes made by gugu15 i compiled and at the end of the compilation i get 17 errors
@4drik
please help !
EPiTj3e.png

@Felipe93 That's definitive a wrong boost, MinGW is fine, just download the right boost version and install it (Download the binaries since you're using windows Boost C++ Libraries - Browse Files at SourceForge.net) once you're done installing check to include C:\local\boost_1_xx_0 to your Makefile under CXXINCS with -I"C:/local/boost_1_xx_0/" xx being the right version of boost. I haven't ever used the GUI for MinGW so I basically cd in the otclient directory and run 'make'. If you need further help let me know once you tried what I suggested.

@Felipe93 That's definitive a wrong boost, MinGW is fine, just download the right boost version and install it (Download the binaries since you're using windows Boost C++ Libraries - Browse Files at SourceForge.net) once you're done installing check to include C:\local\boost_1_xx_0 to your Makefile under CXXINCS with -I"C:/local/boost_1_xx_0/" xx being the right version of boost. I haven't ever used the GUI for MinGW so I basically cd in the otclient directory and run 'make'. If you need further help let me know once you tried what I suggested.
i cant find the line CXXINCS at my make file, would you mind help me on this via teamviewer pls?
im stuck im here almost 3 days i followed the compiling tutorial i also added gugu15 commits i sa that the libs are using 1_64 boost i dunno what could be wrong
Modifications to compile with mingw32 by GustavoBlaze · Pull Request #850 · edubart/otclient · GitHub
regards

Here is it:

Download some boost version (i.e 1.64.0) then build it for mingw. (just google how) and you will find tons of tutorials about it (Building boost 1.61.0 with MinGW 5.3.0)
Then just re-configure and there you go.

-- Keep in mind, such errors means you have incomplete (or incompatible) setup of boost.

-- Forgot to mention: You may need to use VS Command Prompt (NOT Command Window).

Last edited:
Cmake and codeblocks recognize boost version (installed for mingw/gcc), but i still get those errors.

8UxADUn.png

daf92ebc-b26a-400a-ba56-5014f4c25f3e
xjzwgyo.png
n3dhXP3.png

Last edited:
Because you are a bad listener. I gave a simple way to overcome the problem.
But you may want to know why those error happens, simply because you are not using same mingw version used to build the boost files which is obviously 53.
I wrote if u noticed %incompatible%

Back