• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team [10.9x] Project: Recruiting Skilled Developers | Paid Opportunities Available

How do you now feel about this project after having read post #182 on page 10?

• It's still unclear. I'll reply below and explain why.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you planning a quest on Tibia? Track it and earn Tibia Coins!

Track and create quests for 100% accuracy to earn even MORE!

2me347.png

We're now searching for active Tibia players planning to complete a quest for tracking purposes. I'm not necessarily looking for the map itself, but rather the details of how the quest works, including signs, messages, logs, etc. You should track with great accuracy in that regard! Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions. Read more...
24h bump.

Last edited:
Good morning,

As you may know from previous posts, I've ordered a VPS to allow our lead programmer to handle customizations and updates to the TFS 1.2 source code. He has created several new systems in the past 24 hours, including a new login server, a multi-world system, and will be working on a unique authentication system for our new cast system. Once these systems are complete, we will move on to patching over custom features from the previous distribution, and will begin streamlining functionality between the two.

In other news, I've survived armed robbers. Also, Lua Scripters are in need. There's a lot of work to be done in that area. It's not necessarily difficult...it just requires time. A few people have expressed interest in the ClapSoft® Quest Tracking I've started. Who wouldn't want to take advantage of this? Don't forget to check out earlier posts for more information.

Thanks,
J.Dre

Hello again,

The search continues for Lua Scripters. If you just want to help and don't want money in return, please let me know. I'm all for giving back. There are easy quests, difficult quests, and dozens more in between. I'm not offering money because I want to find the best coders out there (even though that would be nice).* The reason I've been offering money is because of how long the search has been going on. All of the developers I've approached do not want to help for free, as they are busy with their real lives and are unwilling to work without something to gain.

With that said, development of the source code continues. We're working on it daily. Steady progress is being made. Soon we'll be ready to setup our new test environment and begin implementing what quests we have, and I'll be working daily to ensure the data files are accurate and functioning as expected. I appreciate the support! Please apply if interested. ;)

Regards,
J.Dre

Last edited:
Still searching for a Lua Scripter. Please apply if interested.

Thanks,
J.Dre

P.S. Special thanks to the moderator that cleaned up this thread of empty bumps. :)

Well since i need money to launch my own server, i'm bit intressted. PM me what do you need.

Well since i need money to launch my own server, i'm bit intressted. PM me what do you need.

I'll send you a message later today. ;) We'll talk for sure.

A quick schedule update on my end: This week and next week are midterm exam weeks at my University. I'll be fairly busy during the daytime hours. If you have me on Skype, I'll probably be on Skype mobile 90% of the time, and may not respond quickly to your messages... Please do not think I am ignoring you. School is my priority right now. Thank you for understanding!

Regards,
J.Dre

P.S. I've replied to all PM's as of this moment.

Good morning,

This week's exams are over, but there are more next week. :( I've been extremely busy.

In other news, I'll be working with our Programmer this weekend adding new systems and preparing the distribution for quest implementation. We'll be creating some very nice stuff that I'm sure most of you will appreciate.* However, there is good news: Two more members of OtLand have expressed interest in joining up to help make a few quests and help out. I've also managed to find three people willing to track quests for me, not for the map, but rather every detail of the quest. Special thanks to these people! You know who you are. ;) Unfortunately, no one has decided to remain an official team member, as of yet. My hope is that there will soon be some willing to put in some more time and join.

Please forgive me for not responding to new PM's sooner. Things have been a bit hectic as of late. All responded to now!

Thanks,
J.Dre

*Official details will be held until the launch of the open Beta.

Last edited:
Hello and good morning, everyone. :)

Today is a good day! For the first time in a long time, I am happy to announce that the project is making good progress

More and more have come out of hiding are helping out (coding a few things here and there in their free time), which I greatly appreciate. Even if you make one or two quests, it all adds up in the end. You are helping build the greatest foundation for one of the most unique and respectable real map projects in Open Tibia history, as I hope it will become one day. Just yesterday, I was on Skype having project related discussions with more than 5 people at the same time... It was crazy! But I love it! :cool: Hopefully they all stay on board and we finish this project together. Feel free to apply! Nobody has taken on more than a few quests, and there are hundreds to be made. There's plenty of work to go around.

Regards,
J.Dre

24h bump.

P.S. You may be wondering why I haven't mentioned names: Don't worry, they will all be credited later on. Most of them contacted me privately, so I'm assuming they wanted to keep things on a "down low" and not give the community the idea they're "available for work." So, I'm respecting their wish in that regard. If they want to post here, they are more than welcome to. When the official discussion thread is made, all will be credited. ;)

Last edited:
Are you planning a quest on Tibia? Record it and earn Tibia Coins!

2me347.png

We're now searching for active Tibia players planning to complete a quest for tracking purposes. I'm not necessarily looking for the map itself, but rather the details of how the quest works, including signs, messages, logs, etc. You should track with great accuracy in that regard! Read more... Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.
24h bump.

Hi again!

A few people have taken advantage of this offer, but not many have continued beyond a few quests. With that said, it could be in part due to the fact that they see "up to 1500 coins" and think, "Holy crap, I can make a bunch of Tibia Coins for taking screen shots! :D" Well, that's not exactly true... I'd like to clear up what exactly is being offered and how I'll be determining how many Tibia Coins your help is worth, if you even want them. If you're planning to help out for free, or don't care how many you receive, this post is not for you. ;)

So, how am I determining how many TC's you earn? To be honest, it depends greatly on you and what you bring to the table. If you do the bare minimum and only give me quest logs, you'll probably get less than the maximum, hence the words, "up to." If you go through the quest and carefully take screen shots, talk with NPC's by asking multiple things (i.e. "no, "job," "task," "name," etc.) and truly show me you've gone through every detail, you'll earn much more - sometimes more than the maximum I've listed in this thread.

With that said, I'd like to take a moment and update you on server development: We are currently working on implementing an advanced cast system, revising NPC system to incorporate "AI" behavior, and creating the completely criminal report system which Tibia has implemented and was never finished in TFS 1.2. As for quests and data-pack development, there has been some progress but not a lot. Hopefully this area picks up as there is much to be done.

Regards,
J.Dre

Good morning, everyone.

Here's a brief update on the project and current events:

We're still working on the previously mentioned source changes and implementations, and making great progress in this area. The custom features behind this project will surely impress most of you. It is my hope that we are able to finish this stage of development by the end of the month. After the distribution is prepared, we'll begin implementing and testing quests (amongst other things). As testing takes place, I'll be working with other members (i.e. @Shadowsong) in developing future updates for the project. :cool:

In other news, the website will soon be ready for the Beta, at which point account registration will begin. There will be a closed and open Beta. The closed Beta will be primarily for developers and others limited by "invite only." The Beta tests will allow us to adjust rates, monster behavior, etc. ensuring there is a stable environment for years to come. It's our goal at ClapSoft® to build a close-knit community with lasting friendships and memories you'll never forget. Exciting times are ahead. We appreciate your continued support. ;)

If you have any questions, please post below. And again, please do not hesitate to apply if interested.

Thanks,
J.Dre

P.S. A new position may become available soon. Stay tuned. :)

Last edited:
I really have high hopes for your project :) If Tibia shuts down this might be what keeps the game alive if you keep this dedication up that is :p Also multiworlds sound nice^^ Good luck!

Hi again,

There is not much news to share today. The previous posts explain the tedious tasks which we've been tackling for the past couple weeks now. The data pack is making some progress now that a new member has joined up. He has been of great help, taking advantage of the Tibia Coins offer (above). :cool: In regards to hiring, we are still searching for someone who is familiar with how to setup the Flash Client, and also someone capable of setting up the OTClient - both for multiple client versions. Please post below if you are this person!

Thanks,
J.Dre

24 bump.

Good morning, everyone.

Today marks the next chapter in a long process. As of yesterday, we are nearing completion of the aforementioned source implementations and are proceeding to testing. Once testing is complete, resources in development will be devoted to the data-pack, which requires special attention as we are setting up new systems and making every effort to track Tibia Quests over again to ensure we have every detail. The latest quests I have implemented are literally 99.9% accurate given that we have completed the quest in-game and have created it while tracking.

As always, I appreciate the support. Please apply if you are interested. There's still plenty of work to go around.

Thank you,
J.Dre

Good morning!

Very brief update today: Today and throughout the weekend, I will be working directly with three people on three different areas of the project: we'll be focusing on the core source, the data-pack, and artwork, graphics, etc. for our upcoming discussion thread, which I'm sure many of you will appreciate. :cool: Progress on the website is currently on pause, but I know @Chris will be able to finish, as he's probably the best web developer I know.
959052286.gif
The quest tracking will be temporarily put on hold as some issues in "real life" have arisen that may interfere.

Hope you all have a good day. Tibia Coins are still a form of payment method for any and all work.* Please apply if interested!

Thanks,
J.Dre

21kxhzo.png

*Tibia Coins are not easy to find, especially since everyone is trying to make a profit from their sale. Currently out of stock, but I expect more to arrive very soon.

Last edited:
Still searching for someone willing to help setup the Flash Client and OTClient.

Regards,
J.Dre

24h bump.

Hello again,

Similar to previous updates, we're working hard on implementing custom features into the source code of the project's distribution (TFS 1.2). For example, our new cast system incorporates dozens of commands and the ability to record game-play just as Tibiacast does. It also has multi-step authentication and other features for safe broadcasting. Because of how extensive these new systems are - the cast being one of many - it takes a very long time to implement them while working around our daily schedules. Please do not hesitate to apply if you would like to help!

In other news, I'm still searching for help setting up the Flash Client and OTClient for the project. Unfortunately, data-pack development has slowed due to the fact that I have run out of Tibia Coins. It is not my intention to have a large debt to developers, so I've asked them to stop until I've found more. The search continues! Hopefully I'll find like 10000 soon. ;)

Thanks,
J.Dre

24h bump.

Hi everyone,

The search continues for someone willing to setup the Flash Client and OTClient. We're also searching for additional help with quests.

Regards,
J.Dre

24h bump.

Last edited:
Hi again,

Some schedule changes have taken place on my end: Next semester will be very busy, so hopefully we are able to finish most (if not all) of the project before summer. My available hours are during the evening hours on Monday and Wednesday, and then after 3PM [GMT] Friday through Sunday. These changes will be good through May of 2016.

Update: March 11th, 2016: I'll be away for spring break which is from March 13th until March 21st. If you must contact me during this time, please send an email to [email protected]. I'll have our mobile application on my cell phone and will be able to reply to emails within 24 hours (usually sooner). ;) Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Regards,
J.Dre

Last edited:
Hi again,

If you would like to help out with development, now is the time to do so. Please contact me.

Thanks,
J.Dre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back