• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team [10.9x] Project: Recruiting Skilled Developers | Paid Opportunities Available

How do you now feel about this project after having read post #182 on page 10?

• It's still unclear. I'll reply below and explain why.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you planning a quest on Tibia? Track it and earn Tibia Coins!

Track and create quests for 100% accuracy to earn even MORE!

2me347.png

We're now searching for active Tibia players planning to complete a quest for tracking purposes. I'm not necessarily looking for the map itself, but rather the details of how the quest works, including signs, messages, logs, etc. You should track with great accuracy in that regard! Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions. Read more...
24h bump.

Hi everyone,

Today marks the closing of yet another chapter in the book, that is, the development of this large project. Actually, this project is more like a series of books, each area having its own. Anyway, I'm not here to ramble... :D The project is making good progress in both programming (source) and in advertising for our future discussion threads. :cool: I've partnered with other designers among the community (e.g. ShadowSong) and we've created what I think all of you will come to appreciate in time. In other news, we've upgraded the VPS to allow for more "hosting" power as development proceeds. Our official "closed-Beta" will launch sometime during December. If you would like to help, please do not hesitate to contact me!

I'm still hoping to find additional help in the "quest creation" area of this project. There are a lot of details missing and I would like everything to be 99.9% accurate for our launch, regardless of how long this may take. A stable environment is key to longevity in OTS hosting. My goal is to maintain this stability through years of enjoyment for players.

Regards,
J.Dre

Good morning,

As some of you know, I've been working with quite a few people, most of them part-time. As of late, I've been planning future updates for the project, and have been in contact with several content developers among the OtLand community.¹ We have shared opinions and have concluded that revamping the entire real map is something we'd love to do.² After the official launch on the 8.60 client, depending on how much support we have (and how large the community becomes), we will be launching both minor updates (e.g. fixes) and major content updates, which may include the rebirth of Tibia as you know it. The goal of this project is to maintain a level of respect and interest with players as we stray away from the "boring real map" persona many have been plagued with.

yeZ3P3w.gif

As always, I appreciate your support. We hope to see more of you help us finish development. Time is of the essence!

Regards,
J.Dre

1. This includes mappers, spriters, and other content designers.
2. "Revamping" means redesigning with a touch of our vision.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

We're still searching for a programmer to handle some tasks and client development - both OTClient and FlashClient.

Regards,
J.Dre

You are not looking for a mapper right now?

Hi,

Not currently. @Mackan™ has expressed interest in assisting with this area after his project launches. ;)

Mappers will be needed after the launch for updates.

Regards,
J.Dre

Last edited:
Hey look! It's Ankrahmun.

Hey look! It's Ankrahmun.

A sneak peak at our new Ankrahmun will come soon after launch. As mentioned above, we're planning some nice updates.

There are still positions available. Feel free to contact me if you are interested in joining.

Regards,
J.Dre

Hi everyone,

Just a brief update today: OVH has given us a free month of hosting (for the development VPS) due to some issues with their service. This is good news, as we'll now be able to continue development without any cost to us throughout December. Speaking of development, our two main developers have a break from University in about 2-3 weeks, so we're hoping to finish our next stage in development by then. It has been a hectic month thus far and we're doing our best to maintain a steady pace. I'll be working on the data pack over the next few days (within GitHub).

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you'd like to help.

Regards,
J.Dre

P.S. As you may have noticed, I've been posting less and less within this thread, due mainly in part to the fact that I've been unable to. But also because there is not a whole lot to report at this time, and I don't want to spoil details for the discussion thread. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact me or post below. Please bare with us! We appreciate the support.

l9UkUMY.png

Hope you all are doing well. It has been a while since I last posted and felt it was that time again. We're nearing the finish of the source changes I mentioned a few times on previous posts. This means that we'll be able to move onto implementation of data files and official Alpha testing. @Summ has offered his assistance with the project and has taken advantage of the Tibia Coin offer (above). He's earned thousands already, and I expect him to earn thousands more. :cool: With that said, we're still far from the actual launch date. The website remains under development, and unfortunately has been put on hold due to some real life work that must take priority over a hobby. But I have faith in @Chris's ability to complete the AAC.
thumbs_up_smiley.gif
And finally, as @Jo3Bingham has concluded his updating of the "Sharp Map Tracker," I'm now searching for someone to design a new tracking program with a Tibiacast converter to convert recordings to .otbm file (map).

Out initial goal was to launch the Beta around Christmas or New Years. However, we cannot guarantee this time frame. We'll do our best to make it so. ;) Many plans ahead. There's much to do before launch, and even more to do after! If you want to help, please leave a post here. If you have any questions, I'm more than happy to answer them privately via PM.

I'm very thankful for all of the help given thus far, and grateful for those that have stuck with me throughout the years. Thank you for your time and dedication.

Regards,
J.Dre

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

There's nothing new to share today. I don't want to spoil the details for our discussion thread later on. ;) Please post here if you have any questions.

You can still earn Tibia Coins by helping out. See the first post on this page (above) for details.

Thanks,
J.Dre

24h+ bump.

1pxet1.png

Good morning, everyone.

Today we begin planning for the community and its prolonged life. For this project to be successful, I need strong people standing beside me. And with that comes a new position: Community Manager. There will be two spots available for this position. You may read the description of the position here. A Community Manager is more than a staff member. As a Community Manager, you will represent the entire community. We will build a place where everyone is accepted, and you will help me protect it.

More information will soon be available on the main page (under Job Openings).

Regards,
J.Dre

Last edited:
fliqlg.png

Hi everyone,

New information regarding the Community Manager position has been posted (here). This position will be given to individuals who display qualities of leadership. Just because someone is best Programmer or Lua Scripter in the room, doesn't mean they have the ability to inspire and empower others greatness through qualities very few possess. You don't have to know anything of relevance to the development of the project to be a CM. That's why I've hired Programmers and Lua Scripters. ;)

If you have any questions about this position, other staff positions, or anything related to the project itself, please do not hesitate ask.

Thank you,
J.Dre

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

My apologies for taking a couple days to reply to your PM's. All messages have been responded to as of now. ;) Here's a quick schedule updating on my end: Over the next two weeks (until Dec. 18th) I'll be studying heavily for final exams. My availability will vary drastically but I do check Skype every morning and am usually online during evening hours (EST). And I've spoken with the two primary developers on the team and we've agreed to put in more time after exams are done. We're all in University. :p

Wish us luck!

Regards,
J.Dre

And finally, as @Jo3Bingham has concluded his updating of the "Sharp Map Tracker," I'm now searching for someone to design a new tracking program with a Tibiacast converter.

Still searching for a programmer capable of delivering such a program.

Please leave any questions you may have below.

Regards,
J.Dre

Last edited:
Still searching for a programmer capable of delivering such a program.

Please leave any questions you may have below.

Regards,
J.Dre
Could you elaborate about this program? The more the better, if possible go into details too.

Could you elaborate about this program? The more the better, if possible go into details too.

Sure, I'll try my best to explain what I'm looking for. ;) It would be nice to have a fairly advanced tracking program.

Regards,
J.Dre

P.S. You will be paid for this. How much will be discussed in private.

Last edited:
I can't do this alone, it would take too much time. I would recommend that you assemble a team of developers to work on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't do this alone, it would take too much time. I would recommend that you assemble a team of developers to work on this.

Okay, I understand. Appreciate the interest. ;) If you're interested in helping with other (smaller) tasks, let me know. There are some missing features and changes I need to the NPC system, the criminal report system, the PVP system, etc. all in TFS. There's a list of things I would like to have done.

Hi everyone,

We're still recruiting! Unfortunately, I'm on my last stock of Tibia Coins and won't be able to purchase more until January. Something came up in RL and cost me quite a lot of money. This may slow progress in development but I'm hoping people will be willing to work regardless. There are approximately 5000 TC left. I've already paid out more than 15000.
2zi0msz.gif

In other news, the latest 10.9x update was just launched in Tibia. We'll begin planning for future updates in this client version soon. At the moment I'm working with some programmers in an attempt at designing new tracking programs and map editors for sustainability with updates. My hope is that we'll be able to maintain updates alongside Tibia.

Please apply if interested. There's much to do.

Regards,
J.Dre

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom