• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Promoting Problem! Easy Rep+

Trader

Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to prevent GOD's from promoting eachother,

For example, A GOD (lower rank than Owner) can promote any player to an Owner by saying /attr group 6 (which is Owner)

How can I block it so that GODS can't promote players to Owner?
Thanks,

Easy rep+ for whoever can fix!

go the talkactions.xml and edit the line:

Lua:
<talkaction log="yes" words="/addskill" access="5" event="function" value="addSkill"/>

I don't want to block /attr for GODS, I just don't want them able to promote eachother into OWNER.

How can I stop it?

ehm kids, just read DOC once in a while, it's good for your health
oh, look, you don't have to do anything of what they have said
Code:
    *TALKACTIONS
        File: talkactions/talkactions.xml
        Attributes
            words
                Words used to execute this talkaction.
                Can be separated by a semicolon, fe. words="/a; /b",
                    or using own separator, fe. words="/a, /b" separator=","
            separator
                Read "words".
            access
                Access required.
            channel
                Will work only on specified channel.
            filter
                How params should be parsed.
                E.q
                    If you use 'quotation' - you will need to write /goto "PlayerName
                    If you use 'word' - you will need to write /goto PlayerName
                    If you use 'word-spaced' - you are able to make seperate commands with space between word(s)
                Values: quotation/word/word-spaced
            log
                Defines if talkaction should be logged.
                Default: no
            hide
                Defines if talkaction should be hidden from displaying it when using /commands
            case-sensitive
                Defines if talkaction should be case sensitive. Is 'no' - then /command will be same as /CoMmAnD
                Default: yes
[B]            [SIZE=5]exception[/SIZE][/B]
                [B]List of players, who can't use this talkaction.[/B]
                Example: "GM John;GM 2;Elf"
Lua:
<talkaction log="yes" words="/attr" access="5" exception="GM John;GM 2;Elf" event="function" value="thingProporties"/>

I think he wants to give all gods full access to /attr except the ability to promote. Restricting them from using it will stop them from promoting but it also stops other useful ability's /attr has. I saw a lua version of /attr, you could remove the ability to promote with it and use that maybe.

Go to talkactions then open the talkactions.xml and change <talkaction log="yes" words="/attr" access="5" event="function" value="thingProporties"/>
to <talkaction log="yes" words="/attr" access="6" event="function" value="thingProporties"/>
Then only owner with acces 6 can demote and promote:)
Rep++ if i helped u:D

Back