• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Promotion Rebirth

bury

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello, Im looking for a script that i've seen in several ots but I couldnt find.

Its like a normal promotion, but when you are promoted, you get back to level 8 keeping ONLY your skills. So the health and the mana like a normal level 8.

(In my opinion keep health and mana would make server unbalanced).

The objetive with this promotion is get exclusive items and spells for that promotion ^^

thanks!!

Hello, Im looking for a script that i've seen in several ots but I couldnt find.

Its like a normal promotion, but when you are promoted, you get back to level 8 keeping ONLY your skills. So the health and the mana like a normal level 8.

(In my opinion keep health and mana would make server unbalanced).

The objetive with this promotion is get exclusive items and spells for that promotion ^^

thanks!!
This can be done in two ways

1. You edit a rebirth system so instead you also reset health/mana and make items/spells only useable by a certain prestige
Or the difficult way
2. Adding a vocation for each rebirth, this would take longer time for you to add into game aswell due to add the changes nessessary to get it as your describing.

What way do you choose?

Hello DestinationSer.

Hmm better lets dont call it rebirth. I dont want anything like prestige or something.

I have epic promotion in my server at level 120, I want another promotion at level 350, for example. This is easy I could add the promotion to vocations.xml and then just add the script to the king so that he gives that promotion. The part I dont know to do, is to reset level, health and mana (maybe experience too) to level 8. After that, I will manage with everything (special equipment [movements.xml], special weapons [weapons.xml], special spells [spells.xml]).

So, I only need help when u get that promotion, reset level, health and mana to level 8. The rest I can manage.

Thanks for your fast answer!

Code:
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

function onCreatureAppear(cid)                  npcHandler:onCreatureAppear(cid)                        end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid)               npcHandler:onCreatureDisappear(cid)                     end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)          npcHandler:onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg)                end
function onThink()                              npcHandler:onThink()                                    end

local node1 = keywordHandler:addKeyword({'promot'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'I can promote you for 20000 gold coins. Do you want me to promote you?'})
        node1:addChildKeyword({'yes'}, StdModule.promotePlayer, {npcHandler = npcHandler, cost = 20000, level = 20, promotion = 1, text = 'Congratulations! You are now promoted.'})
        node1:addChildKeyword({'no'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Alright then, come back when you are ready.', reset = true})

local node1 = keywordHandler:addKeyword({'promotion'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'I can promote you for 20000 gold coins. Do you want me to promote you?'})
        node1:addChildKeyword({'yes'}, StdModule.promotePlayer, {npcHandler = npcHandler, cost = 20000, level = 20, promotion = 1, text = 'Congratulations! You are now promoted.'})
        node1:addChildKeyword({'no'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Alright then, come back when you are ready.', reset = true})

local node2 = keywordHandler:addKeyword({'epic'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'I can epicize you for 1000000 gold coins. Do you want me to epicize you?'})
    node2:addChildKeyword({'yes'}, StdModule.promotePlayer, {npcHandler = npcHandler, cost = 1000000, level = 120, promotion = 2, text = 'Congratulations! You are now epicized.'})
    node2:addChildKeyword({'no'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Alright then, come back when you are ready.', reset = true})

npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

Back
Top Bottom