• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Protocol "" Unknown on Tibia 11.49 client

rhodes316

Reaction score
So I've compiled and have my server up and running, my problem lies (I think) in finding/logging into a proper 11.49 client that is compatible with the server and IP changers(I have) for Tibia 11. The closest I have gotten to logging into my server is going through the tutorial with the my character and then Tibia either crashes before I get to the end of the tutorial or it reverts back to the login queue where it will not reconnect. I have also gotten a message 'Protocol "" is unknown.' on a different build of the client. Im kinda stuck as to whether it is my server or the clients that I am using to play it... If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated! Im so close I can taste it! Lol

Edit: I have found a 11.44.5516 client that has been altered to use the local ip 127.0.0.1 and I can log in on that client with the config set to local, but I believe I need a clean copy of 11.44.5516 for my friends so they can use the ip changer if anyone has one.

Last edited:
Bump, stuck on the same step ;] Creating new character and walking till using the rope in the tutorial.
No errors in the engine. Just getting logged out and then the loop starts over.

Bump, stuck on the same step ;] Creating new character and walking till using the rope in the tutorial.
No errors in the engine. Just getting logged out and then the loop starts over.
vakacjus, I think I found the problem (not 100%), but I believe it has to do with which client version you are trying to load your server on... My server/client combo works locally with this particular client so I believe I need to find a fresh copy of that client so that ip changer will work.

So I have concluded that it is not the client (as far as I know) because I hex edited the one I had working specifically for my external IP and still keep getting the error 'Protocol "" is unknown. If anyone has any info on how I could possibly get this working that would be great, I'm pretty stumped at the moment.

Back