• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

PS4 and Xbox one Thread

Sharp

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
Which system will you get when they are released? also post your views on each consoles Pros and Cons.

I myself will be getting the PS4, as I do not like Microsofts pushie service and the always on kinect and online check, also the shared game policy is rubbish.
The PS4 is a lot more free in terms of sharing.

xbox-one-vs-ps4-580-75.jpg

Also no fanboy wars, that shit pisses me off.
Which will you be getting and why?

Whats your PSN/Gamertag If you have one:

PSN:
-Kazenero (Sharp)

Xbox Live:
-Nicks117 (Sharp)

I'll be getting PS4, mostly because I've always gone with PS but also because of the possibility to use others games :p

I'll get ps4, its 100$ less than xbox one. Also I heard that xbox one is useless if there's no internet so ps4 is much better for sure.

Xbox always has better online community.. Maybe bc of moderation more enforcing.. Aswell as free mic's.

However... Ps4 solely because of it being cheaper and still having more flexibilty of games. Also can you even "rent" games from game shops for the new xbox? If not - they have really thinned their market there.. I usually rent games with a short campaign and no online capability rather than buy them.

In about a year when the prices fall a bit, I'll probably have both. Because I like the Xbox Live community so much more than PS, I may get the Xbox when it's released, if it's not outrageously priced.

Last edited:
In about a year when the prices fall a bit, I'll probably have both. Because I like the Xbox Live community so much more than PS, I may get the Xbox when it's released, if it's not outrageously priced.
Xbox one is releasing here for 750, whereas the PS4 with more freedom is releasing at 650$, I like that the psn subscription will also get online play similar to xbox lives gold, but its less than 5$, not to mention upon launch the new title Driveclub will be free to Playstation + subscribers. and this will continue on for the rest of playstations foreseeable future.

Also traded in my old xbox 360 games today at EBgames towards a PS4, got 702$ for 23 or so games, so thats the ps4 and a bit more paid for :3

- - - Updated - - -

xbox :) pro players at COD

You can't be serious xD, COD Sucks, COD Ghosts looks like a minor step up from Black ops 2, look at battlefield 4!!!!

PS4 ofc, XBOX1 really sucks with all that restrictions, online check, region locked and if you live in a not supported country so... theres no xbox one for you (like me, im from venezuela), even if i can use xbox one, i won't buy it with such a terrible terms

PS4 ofc, XBOX1 really sucks with all that restrictions, online check, region locked and if you live in a not supported country so... theres no xbox one for you (like me, im from venezuela), even if i can use xbox one, i won't buy it with such a terrible terms

I know what you mean about region locked, but I just use a vpn on the xbox 360 to access region locked stuff :3, Microsoft is very American Centric, and probably thinks Australia and New Zealand are the same country.

I know what you mean about region locked, but I just use a vpn on the xbox 360 to access region locked stuff :3, Microsoft is very American Centric, and probably thinks Australia and New Zealand are the same country.

Yeah but why i have to pay for a vpn to play fine on my console? thats weird, and it hurt me because i really really like the xbox 360 :(, but this is too dissapointed, also in venezuela is hard to get some dollars, so i'm f*cked up in anyway hahahaha

Xbox fails.

It definitely does now. (Xbox One)
I am finally so happy about Sony, they finally did the one thing I've always wanted and that is they went with a concave analog/trigger set, took them long enough but that's enough to get me back to them.

As a former Xbox 360 user, I have made the switch over to PlayStation.

What a long and confusing road gaming has taken. Remember when consoles were solely about GAMING?
From what I've seen the Xbone looks like a giant piece of shit, the always online thing doesn't even bother me.. but i can see why its a giant issue for certain groups of people.

Even over the last year Xbox was slowly dying.. Every time i turned it on all i seen was ad's for tv shows, and other stupid shit.
It eventually started collecting dust along with all my Xbox games, So i sold them ALL along with my console to game stop and paid off my Ps4 and a couple games. =P

So i can safely say i picked the Ps4 over the Xbone.

[video=youtube;DxkEe_l7S3g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DxkEe_l7S3g[/video]
so much fail, this is like saying to all the xbox fans
'don't have internet connection? fuck you :D'

oyaEiUr.png

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but why i have to pay for a vpn to play fine on my console? thats weird, and it hurt me because i really really like the xbox 360 :(, but this is too dissapointed, also in venezuela is hard to get some dollars, so i'm f*cked up in anyway hahahaha

vpnreactor is a free vpn that you can use for xbox :p

I have an Xbox 360, I still got tons of games I want to play, specially GTA V, pretty sure I will play that one for at least a year. I might not get either one of the new consoles. Going to buy myself a pc. Seen one that is decent for gaming and is just $200 more than the Xbox One. I would probably get a PS4, maybe an Xbox One if for some reason the PS4 fails. But that is years from now.

Probably neither for now. I will wait until the price drops in about a year or two then buy the PS4. The only thing xbox has is a big online community, but even then it's people that are my youngest brother's age(14) just yelling and acting ridiculous, so it's not really worth it IMO. The PS3 right now has a smaller online community, but when people do chat, it's all strategy. For example, try playing S&D on any call of duty on the Xbox. The only thing you hear is "Own", "Pwn", "Noob". Then play it on the PS3 and you'll here "2 guys by bomb A" or "You go rush, I'll get behind the lines".

Well, it has been confirmed that Microsoft has reversed most of it's DRM policies.

• No more always online requirement
  • The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours
  • All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360
  • An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console
  • All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline
  • No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs
  • Region locks have been dropped

Back