• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

PS4 and Xbox one Thread

@Evan -
I did see that Xbox lifted a lot of those policies, probably due to the considerable amount of public backlash it's received. However, it doesn't change my decision in the least bit.

Well, it has been confirmed that Microsoft has reversed most of it's DRM policies.

• No more always online requirement
  • The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours
  • All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360
  • An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console
  • All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline
  • No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs
  • Region locks have been dropped

Get rid of the compulsory Kinect and it'll be fine. I mean 100% not having it connected to the console at all.

At least they reversed it, but I do not wish to pay 100$ more for a console where the company doesn't even add value to their membership, xbox live gold gets you what? access to online multiplayer and some exclusive deals.

PS+ gives you, monthly free games, early beta access, exclusive deals. and its fucking cheaper! XD

Oh I almost forgot, if Microsoft made their controllers compatible with current headsets that may change my mind

Well, it has been confirmed that Microsoft has reversed most of it's DRM policies.

• No more always online requirement
  • The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours
  • All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360
  • An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console
  • All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline
  • No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs
  • Region locks have been dropped

Which is why its now known as the Xbox 180.

[video=youtube;tP9QJ2EnCOM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tP9QJ2EnCOM&t=15 0[/video]

skip to 2.30

I've had every xbox yet and i'm buying xbox one. Here's why:

1. All of the exclusives that does exist on the xbox one and not on ps4 like: Halo 5, Dead rising 3, project spark, killer instinct <-- gonna get all of those
2. Rare is making games for xbox. And since i'm a oldschool player and i've player n64 alot i love their games.
3. xbox live ofcourse
4. The kinect.

But, what's most important with each consoles is the games actually. Bye :*

You are getting an xbox one for the kinect? dafuq

Xbox one has exclusives, so does ps4. Killzone ;D, driveclub (which is free at launch for playstation+ users)

Halo 5, its by 343 so I won't want to play it, Halo 4 was a disappointment, especially the campaign ending, it felt too much like Call of duty, and the multiplayer was shitstained with bad connection

PS also gives the PS+ users more for their money.

PS4 all the way.

I already have a computer that I keep hooked up to my tv. I have satellite for when I want to watch TV. What reason would I need Xbox One, when I can already do all of the things that it is trying to bring to console with my computer?

The games? Halo sucks now that 343 is behind it. Dead Rising is always on PC. I love Killer Instinct, but that game doesn't justify spending that much on an entire console.
On the ps4, the majority of good games are cross-platform anyway. Assassin's Creed, Battlefield, Elder Scrolls, etc. and I like the playstation controller much better.
Xbox One is 40% less powerful than PS4? Yeah, sounds about right to me since Microsoft put so much effort and money into adding useless shit to their console, because they are trying to focus on other stuff except gaming. :p

It's funny to me that they would put so much work into adding all of these features, and then when they look at gaming they decide... Hey let's add more restrictions and online checks so that we can make sure everyone is playing legit. If the buyers don't like it or don't have a good internet connection, who cares? We have something called Xbox 360 for you. We don't care that much about you in the present if you don't have good internet. Oh crap, now everyone is angry at us, maybe if we take away all of these restrictions the buyers will not be mad at us anymore.

^ They basically insulted everyone that doesn't have a constant connection, and then so many people still have good things to say about them after they revert the restrictions. :/

PS4 all the way.

I already have a computer that I keep hooked up to my tv. I have satellite for when I want to watch TV. What reason would I need Xbox One, when I can already do all of the things that it is trying to bring to console with my computer?

The games? Halo sucks now that 343 is behind it. Dead Rising is always on PC. I love Killer Instinct, but that game doesn't justify spending that much on an entire console.
On the ps4, the majority of good games are cross-platform anyway. Assassin's Creed, Battlefield, Elder Scrolls, etc. and I like the playstation controller much better.
Xbox One is 40% less powerful than PS4? Yeah, sounds about right to me since Microsoft put so much effort and money into adding useless shit to their console, because they are trying to focus on other stuff except gaming. :p

It's funny to me that they would put so much work into adding all of these features, and then when they look at gaming they decide... Hey let's add more restrictions and online checks so that we can make sure everyone is playing legit. If the buyers don't like it or don't have a good internet connection, who cares? We have something called Xbox 360 for you. We don't care that much about you in the present if you don't have good internet. Oh crap, now everyone is angry at us, maybe if we take away all of these restrictions the buyers will not be mad at us anymore.

^ They basically insulted everyone that doesn't have a constant connection, and then so many people still have good things to say about them after they revert the restrictions. :/

Wow dude, chill. They listened to the people and fixed that. And for those who doesn't want the kinect can wait in mid-2014 i think when the xbox one comes without the kinect. As cheap or cheaper than the ps4.

@Sharp
I think the xbox gives great things with live. Sure they don't have 15+ games a month for free, but. Instead they have 2+ games and a better internet network. + Some bonus apps like Internet explorer, youtube, which is really great. I watch youtube on my xbox kinda often. Machinima app, dailymotion, and more ..
And this month World of tanks will launch for free on the xbox. Looking forward to that :)

And on the xbox one launch date Killer instinct and Project spark will be free :D
Looking forward to project spark so much! Search on youtube. Looks so damn fun.

Wow dude, chill. They listened to the people and fixed that. And for those who doesn't want the kinect can wait in mid-2014 i think when the xbox one comes without the kinect. As cheap or cheaper than the ps4.

@Sharp
I think the xbox gives great things with live. Sure they don't have 15+ games a month for free, but. Instead they have 2+ games and a better internet network. + Some bonus apps like Internet explorer, youtube, which is really great. I watch youtube on my xbox kinda often. Machinima app, dailymotion, and more ..
And this month World of tanks will launch for free on the xbox. Looking forward to that :)

And on the xbox one launch date Killer instinct and Project spark will be free :D

They didn't listen to people until after they realized that they really screwed up. Before it ever happened, people they asked about those features said no, but they did it anyway. They would be keeping it if keeping it didn't mean no one would buy the console. I am chill though, but I personally wouldn't let something like that just be brushed off. :)

I have a computer right beside my consoles so those apps don't mean much to me. And internet explorer is terrible, so hopefully it will be better. :) I'm sure I will play my friends Xbox one after they get it for something like halo lan multiplayer, but I am only going to buy the ps4.
To each their own.

@Sharp

The 2 free games per month is only up until Xbox Ones launch, also you have to pay for gold to be even be able to use Youtube on xbox.

PS4 will have War Thunder, Planetside 2, and Blacklight retribution, all free to any user, and not to mention a next-gen console game (driveclub) free at launch for PS+ users.

The only thing I think xbox wins this time round if they are being honest about 300,000 servers, Project spark does look a lot of fun, but the xbox exclusives don't appeal to me, Titanfall is on PC anyway, and Halo 5 is the only thing I'll miss out on sadly, but its by 343 Industries now as ArkSeyonet said, the game has gone down the hatch since they took over from bungie.

Destiny is also on PS4, and the PS4s hard drive can be upgraded from 500gb unlike the xbox ones.

I also feel microsoft insulted most users with poor connection, I have an absolutely horrible connection, it won't be different on PS4 I suppose but even if they went back on most of their policies, its too late for me :)

PS4 will have War Thunder, Planetside 2, and Blacklight retribution, all free to any user, and not to mention a next-gen console game (driveclub) free at launch for PS+ users.

ashshsa playing this now :D (on pc)

Back