• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

PvP Server with limited deaths

Nemphis

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
Jump to last section if you dont want to read.

I have recently, like a few months ago, started my own Project which is a small World with PVP as a main focus. There is bosses that drops items for players and monsters that drops currency that is needed to develop strenght in characters.

In this server I have removed levels and experience completely. The only thing that makes your character stronger is the items and your skill as a player. I Think that sounds fair..

So the map is very small, like very small. You have this main base where you can find all you need to play the server. In the center is a FFA arena that anyone can enter whenever they want. Its not big, you can see all 4 sides if you are in the middle of it. This is to maximize action.

There is battlegrounds and special events every 30 minutes and rewards depending on where you are and how well you did those events and battlegrounds.

JUMP TO HERE
The thing is i Think players will advance to quickly so maybe If I put in a system that tracks every player's Deaths. lets say FOR EXAMPLE that this character dies 50 times within 24 hours. If you go past this the character needs to rest. You can log in but cant enter battlegrounds/events/arenas or any form of PVP within the server until FOR EXAMPLE 05:00 in the morning. If your #1 dies 50 times you can still log in to #2 and play as normal.

What do you guys Think.. is it good or bad?

It could be easier to implement if you take out a chunk of player's stamina every time they died. That way no one would abuse the reset time and encourages trying out different classes.

Also it should be fair to give a player a big alert that tells them that they have X amount of deaths left before being locked out of the character.

Yea ive been thinking of that aswell, Stamina. But Im not sure If I want to use stamina for something like special spells or w/e

with stamina it could be -5 stamina each Death = 20 Deaths. With +5 stamina is restored every hour

You don't need to worry about stamina as a factor all you need to do is use a counter in onLogin that checks to see if a storage value is equal to x amount of deaths that is incremented everytime they die & then prevent the player from logging in when they have reached that count.

Yes i know bayview :)

The topic is not how to do it. It is about the idea of it and if its any good or bad.

Yes i know bayview :)

The topic is not how to do it. It is about the idea of it and if its any good or bad.
Only a handful of people here are going to view or respond to this thread, whether the outcome is positive or negative I don't think you should base the direction you would like to take on your project based on a minute amount of opinions. Otland is not the only place to advertise a project and besides you can't please everyone.

In my opinion, the idea of your server is nice (evolve only using items, and not leveling) but, if you put a limit to it, people will only create another character and pass every item to it (since they don't have to level up anyway)

Maybe you should put some death penalty that increases every time a player die ? (like, first die of the day, player has the chance of 3% to lose an item and, every time a player die, the chance increases a few percents ), so you could remove amulet of loss from the game and put a expensive bless that protect until the player reaches 30~%

In my opinion, the idea of your server is nice (evolve only using items, and not leveling) but, if you put a limit to it, people will only create another character and pass every item to it (since they don't have to level up anyway)

Maybe you should put some death penalty that increases every time a player die ? (like, first die of the day, player has the chance of 3% to lose an item and, every time a player die, the chance increases a few percents ), so you could remove amulet of loss from the game and put a expensive bless that protect until the player reaches 30~%

Since the server is built for players to die all the time, it would be bad if they had the feeling of loosing items that already takes some time to collect.

Also I see no Point in making more characters of the same vocation. I could make it so that players can only have one character for each vocation on the same account. And all the items are vocation-only items.

Because of the HONOR System that we have, every time you kill someone or use special items(looted in game) you get honor. This is a currency that is non-tradeable, plus, most honor collected each season will have a Highscore list. Say top 5% of the highscore list gets a mount or extra item from next season. So if you want to make new accounts all the time you would be low on the highscore list and loose the rewards for next season :)

Back