• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Question about the stability of 0.3.6

A Dirty Rag

Reaction score
After reaching a brick wall on 1.0 not being able to script some of my core systems someone directed me to 0.3.6 and after looking through the functions it has everything I need. I'm just curious if I have to worry about the server crashing etc. I realize it's not as optimized and I'm not concerned with minor bugs that I can circumvent I'm only worried about being able to have 200~ people online without worrying about crashes. So my question is: is it safe to use?

Cyko's(Printer)0.3.6 v8 rev for 8.60 is based on 0.3.6pl1 + bug fixes. You could check that or go for 0.4 that has almost all the functions 0.3.6 has and is more stable.

The 0.3.x family is not know for its stability and I always tell people to steer clear f it. If 1.0 is not good enough for you go for 0.4. If stability is an absolute must USE TFS 1.0, you can always add the functions in the source if you need them.

I would like to add the functions I need to 1.0 source but I don't have the necessary skills to do so; nor the money to pay some of the few people around here who are willing to do it. What's the difference between 0.4 & 0.3? I absolutely have to have all the item attribute functions.

Cyko's(Printer)0.3.6 v8 rev for 8.60 is based on 0.3.6pl1 + bug fixes. You could check that or go for 0.4 that has almost all the functions 0.3.6 has and is more stable.

The 0.3.x family is not know for its stability and I always tell people to steer clear f it. If 1.0 is not good enough for you go for 0.4. If stability is an absolute must USE TFS 1.0, you can always add the functions in the source if you need them.

Ppl mainly wanna use 0.4 / 0.3.6 due to the 8.60 compatability, while users who dosen't care about that or wanna go higher then 8.60 use 1.0.
But if you know alot of c++ id strongly recommend you to use 1.0 and convert it to 8.60.

I would like to add the functions I need to 1.0 source but I don't have the necessary skills to do so; nor the money to pay some of the few people around here who are willing to do it. What's the difference between 0.4 & 0.3? I absolutely have to have all the item attribute functions.

If you ask me 0.4 is more stable then 0.3.6, 0.4 does have most of the bugs fixed, and can if you know what your doing get a better preformance with ram usage etc.
But tbh if you don't program alot you won't notice any major diffrences with 0.3.6 and 0.4.
But ive tried out printer / cykos 0.3.6 and I still prefer a basic one with the bugs fixed, I did one a long time ago, if you wanna use 0.3.6 I can try to find it.
The thing with his 0.3.6 is that there is a bunch of crap added aswell, with that said you have to remove alot of crap if you want a "normal" server.

Ppl mainly wanna use 0.4 / 0.3.6 due to the 8.60 compatability, while users who dosen't care about that or wanna go higher then 8.60 use 1.0.
But if you know alot of c++ id strongly recommend you to use 1.0 and convert it to 8.60.

I don't care about the version really, I just need certain functions lol. I learned c++ but I've never even looked at something as complicated as a mmo-server, I've looked at the relevant source files and just had no idea where to begin doing what I wanted.

If you ask me 0.4 is more stable then 0.3.6, 0.4 does have most of the bugs fixed, and can if you know what your doing get a better preformance with ram usage etc.
But tbh if you don't program alot you won't notice any major diffrences with 0.3.6 and 0.4.
But ive tried out printer / cykos 0.3.6 and I still prefer a basic one with the bugs fixed, I did one a long time ago, if you wanna use 0.3.6 I can try to find it.
The thing with his 0.3.6 is that there is a bunch of crap added aswell, with that said you have to remove alot of crap if you want a "normal" server.

I guess my best option is to hold off on the systems I need done and hope someone takes interest in my project later through development. Do any of you have a idea of how complex it would be to add the setWeaponDamage() etc functions of 0.3 to 1.0?

Last edited:
I don't care about the version really, I just need certain functions lol. I learned c++ but I've never even looked at something as complicated as a mmo-server, I've looked at the relevant source files and just had no idea where to begin doing what I wanted.

I guess my best option is to hold off on the systems I need done and hope someone takes interest in my project later through development. Do any of you have a idea of how complex it would be to add the setWeaponDamage() etc functions of 0.3 to 1.0?

Tbh most of the functions you can just copy paste, might need some minor fixes but that shoulden't be any problems if you know basic c++ and what the errors tell you.
The best tip I can give you is to give it a try, why not? :p

@WibbenZ Since he is switching between 1.0, 0.3.6 and 0.3.6pl1 we can assume protocol version is not a major concern to the user.
I mostly think he is after the one that workes best for him, and when ppl say 0.3.6 and 0.3.6pl1 its usually the same, the latest and last one.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm going to stick with 1.0 and make a request about the source edit. I think I'll be able to find someone over the next month or so to do it if it's not that complex.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm going to stick with 1.0 and make a request about the source edit. I think I'll be able to find someone over the next month or so to do it if it's not that complex.

If you know c++ it will probably be not so hard for you to move functions from any rev to 1.0. Look at files luascript.cpp and luascript.h

If you know c++ it will probably be not so hard for you to move functions from any rev to 1.0. Look at files luascript.cpp and luascript.h

I really only know the basics, I learned all the fundamentals but the last time I was playing with c++ was 4 months ago. I'm sure there will conflicts between the current way attributes are handled in 1.0 and the 0.3.6. attributes are in a source file separate from the item in 0.3 and mixed in 1.0. I wish I could do it without refreshing my memory and studying many hours just for this.

Back