• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Question

Lais Prad

Disgusting Scammer
Solutions
Reaction score
Is there any way to give print("...") of the location of the error when generated on the screen?

Example: I clicked in one door and the actions is wrong, this will generate error on my screen but I want to know if I can print the position of error

for TFS 1.3

Something like this?
Lua:
    local p = Player("Admin")
    local pos = item:getPosition()
    p:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "An error occured at: x = "..pos.x..", y = "..pos.y..", z = "..pos.z..".",)
You should not be accommodating errors

Something like this?
Lua:
    local p = Player("Admin")
    local pos = item:getPosition()
    p:sendTextMessage(MESSAGE_INFO_DESCR, "An error occured at: x = "..pos.x..", y = "..pos.y..", z = "..pos.z..".",)
You should not be accommodating errors

I mean the erros on screen (linux screen), when server crashs or just a little warnings,
thanks

If I understand correctly. It is not possible. You should also log those errors from the console to a text file not to your server and players.

This is possible, is possible save before crash too, but it will need much a lot of intelligence.

Are you wanting to show small errors like that on your Terminal?

show the location, example, Click on one ground and generate one error on screen, I want to know where was the error (positions) like report system

I want to know where was the error (positions)
if nor you know where is your mistake, who you expect script to do so? what you asking for is just impossible, a commons mistake is lua syntax, script wouldn't be loaded, so you can't get anything, other one are you trying to get a callback from a nil value, it means lua doesn't know what you talking about, tho it gives you enough information for fix it, such as whats wrong, file name, line and call stack.

Back